harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Working out for a year, clean diet for two and a half months, no results? why ?

Hey what's up guys. I have been working out consistently for about a year now. I started eating clean about 2 months ago and haven't seen any drastic results yet? why

I always give it my all in the gym. I am starting to believe that I just don't have the genes to be ripped! It was my goal to lose atleast 8 pounds by mid june but I doubt it's going to happen now. I never reach my goals. I am still skinny fat. Starting to lose my motivation!

How long does it really take? I feel like I am at the same point as when I started. I do see some progress but its not noticeable at all. They say it takes 12 weeks to see results. Its been a lot longer than 12 weeks!

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what's going on.

some other random facts about me

vegetarian
    indian
    everyone in my family is a little overweight except me. I am 5'10" and 169 lbs
    College student
    non smoker
    alcohol only on weekends
    suplements i am taking: protien/vitamin/creatine
    Daily calorie intake: around 2100

What am i doing wrong?:/

MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrJB00G13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll tell you what has helped for myself. (This may have differed for others, as individual bodies will react differently to different methods)

You could calculate your BMR and determine what your daily intake should be and see if you are at a calorie deficit (which is usually what you would want if you want to cut weight). BUT, at your height and weight, you can prob tone up and increase mass just by eating clean and building muscle. As far as your routines are concerned, are you doing the same lifts every time you go? You may start to plateau if you aren't changing it up every so often. Also, are you increasing the weight after time progresses? There are a lot of factors that I've seen to cause the lack of results.

I suggest that you definitely read up some more on your nutrition just to be sure that you are actually eating "clean" like you say you are. You can also read up on different methods to build muscle mass. There are plenty of online training programs on here for free if budget is the issue. There are also plenty of Personal Trainers on here that may offer a few wise words of their own. Don't give up though!! You may have gained in strength and just not in appearance, and if its the appearance you want, you may want to change your routine around and possibly what you eat!

I hope I didn't steer you in any wrong direction, but I hope that info helps!
    “We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Instagram: J_B00G13 (00=zerozero)
    Kik: MrJBoogie

boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump your calorie intake up, 2100 is low. Bump it to 2500/2800/3000 and monitor your weight. Aim for 1kg a month gaines. (bodyfat/lbm)
    yours faithfully,

Arrie Kashik

leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by harsh0705 View Post
    Hey what's up guys. I have been working out consistently for about a year now. I started eating clean about 2 months ago and haven't seen any drastic results yet? why

I always give it my all in the gym. I am starting to believe that I just don't have the genes to be ripped! It was my goal to lose atleast 8 pounds by mid june but I doubt it's going to happen now. I never reach my goals. I am still skinny fat. Starting to lose my motivation!

How long does it really take? I feel like I am at the same point as when I started. I do see some progress but its not noticeable at all. They say it takes 12 weeks to see results. Its been a lot longer than 12 weeks!

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what's going on.

some other random facts about me

vegetarian
    indian
    everyone in my family is a little overweight except me. I am 5'10" and 169 lbs
    College student
    non smoker
    alcohol only on weekends
    suplements i am taking: protien/vitamin/creatine
    Daily calorie intake: around 2100

What am i doing wrong?:/
    We can start with your attitude. I've noticed your under-estimating yourself. Your doubting yourself. Bodybuilding is a mind game. Bodybuilding is more mental than physical, believe it or not.

It doesn't matter how long you've been training. 80% of the success you are looking for comes in through diet manipulation. 20% is training, which is the easy part.

It doesn't take 12 weeks to see results, you can see results within a week. Make sure you log what your eating, how much, what your training looks like etc. From there, you can change it. Once you find what's working, then keep doing it. You are a scientist, your body is the experiment. Your experiment is to find what works.

Patience is also key, which I'm pretty sure you've heard numerous times. It's hard to believe that you have trouble cutting when your vegan. If you're cutting try the 30/30 rule. 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up. Or maybe you can start juicing in the mornings. Vegetables and fruits. Please tell me you have a Vita-Mix.

Blend for a week and see what happens. The reason a lot of people from which you heard lose a lot of weight drinking green smoothies is because they don't contain a lot of calories.

Private message me if you have any questions or if there's anything I can do to help.

Cheers
    "Your body is the mirror of your mind"

www.MuscleInTheMaking.com

reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100) reichardbd is not very well liked. (-100)
    Started lifting again last year (on and off for the past 7 years) when I was closing in on 200 on the scale, which is big for me. Had a gut hanging over my shorts and scrawny chest/arms/everything. I'd been lifting since March but my diet hadn't changed, so I was still 190 in December. So I started tracking my calories. This year I changed up what I've been eating and really tried to cut back on carbs and sugars. In January I lost 2 lbs, February - 4, March - 5, and another 2 so far this month. So for me, I was working out (even busting ass with cardio) but it didn't click until I really got strict with the diet.

mhoffmann24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhoffmann24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhoffmann24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree that lifting is a mind game. You have to force yourself to keep going. Make sure you're always adjusting your weight up when you lift. You have to find your motivating factor and nail that picture in your head every time you're in the gym. Be it the hot chick in class that's single or doing it to feel better about yourself. I had an issue with just chronic laziness and not wanting to go. I ran with a friend of my for autism and was having a hard time completing 3 mile. That is horrible for being a military veteran and an Infantryman at that. My motivation is simple, eat healthy and lift for a better body. I stick in my head that I want to be that guy the women turn their heads for. As selfish as that is, it's never happened to me before. I want to know what it feels like to be noticed by females and for to think "Damn he looks great!". That is my motivation.

I also agree that 2100 needs to be upped. I'm at about 3000 right now, but I expend a lot of that at the gym. I lift and between sets I do a Cardio accelerated rest-pause dropset. I'm sore all of the time, but in just short of a week I noticed a difference from the diet change with it as well. The other factor I had to overcome was the typical "looking weak" in the gym. Every one in there is there for the same reason and you have to start some where. Strike a convo up with a guy that looks pretty good and ask him what he thinks you're doing wrong. It's the same as asking here but it's better to hear it in person than read some text. Don't be afraid that they'll make fun of you. Most people that are body builders or into fitness are willing to help you out, just don't ask in the middle of their set lol.

gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorilla93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    After reading the first line i can already guess your problem. You're not eating the right foods. Check out the nutrition section. Are you vegan or vegetarian? If the latter make sure you get in your protein through some source like whey since you don't eat meat.

Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are in calorie deficit, as a beginner a bulk on the clean side would allow you to gain muscle mass while still not adding too much fat. You will look better even though you prob wont loose weight.

With you stats i think 2700 cals would be a decent start for a clean bulk, clean bulk = around 10-20% more cals than maintenance.

Also get enough sleep and try read up on nutrition stickies.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Thanks

Thank you so much everyone! After reading all these posts and doing a little bit of research, I am starting to realize that I have been doing the wrong thing the whole time. I need to start bulking up instead of cutting. I am gonna up my calories to around 3000. Going to follow Kris Gethin DTP program and see where it takes me.