Goretxe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Which Proteins Should I take and when?

Hi, I am new to body building and weight lifting. I started weight lifting 2 months ago and didn't use any protein or supplements and saw a few gains. I can now curl about 5lbs more. I tried to get protein from tuna and chicken. I ate tuna right after my workout for my post workout meal but I feel that I am now ready to take protein powder aswell since I am doing intense workouts to help my muscle gain.

Right Now what I plan on taking is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein for my post workout but I wanted to know what else I could take? Like Iv heard that people take protein before going to sleep, so they can recover while they sleep. I wanted to know what kind of protein I should take before I sleep (and is it necessary to take protein or could I take some kind of natural food instead) and is there any other time I need to take protein and if so what kinda should it be?

Also what does creatine and casene do? and when Is it used?

Non-Famous Non-Scientist koard31's Avatar
    koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Goretxe View Post
    Hi, I am new to body building and weight lifting. I started weight lifting 2 months ago and didn't use any protein or supplements and saw a few gains. I can now curl about 5lbs more. I tried to get protein from tuna and chicken. I ate tuna right after my workout for my post workout meal but I feel that I am now ready to take protein powder aswell since I am doing intense workouts to help my muscle gain.

Right Now what I plan on taking is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein for my post workout but I wanted to know what else I could take? Like Iv heard that people take protein before going to sleep, so they can recover while they sleep. I wanted to know what kind of protein I should take before I sleep (and is it necessary to take protein or could I take some kind of natural food instead) and is there any other time I need to take protein and if so what kinda should it be?

Please wash out of your brain everything you've read or think you understand about timing and protein types. Just throw it out, forget it and head over here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981 and start fresh.

For Creatine: 3 to 5g daily any time.
    A fan of not overthinking.

_______________________ kingnickandnate's Avatar
    kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Since you're so new, don't worry about creatine. Focus on your diet for now, and later on you can put those options into play. But, when you do get interested in creatine, you want simple, basic creatine monohydrate: 3-5g per day.

As for protein, you can take it whenever. Protein supplement isn't necessary at all; its just there to help you reach your protein macro if you can't do it with just whole foods.
    RepRepRep

My Journal / overall log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151290483
    -Come check it out; reps to those who post.

Current Supplement Logs:
    iSatori Bio-Gro: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153731241

Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As a moderator of bb.com, thus knowing more than anyone else here, I would recommend Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide casein protein. I would use this during the day for muscle growth & strength gains.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/xf/ultrapeptide2.html
    #Penis

_Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

There is much to learn, and much to forget. It is important to note, though, that the knowledge, and proper knowledge, is readily available and the fact that you are asking questions is very important. Always question what you hear, especially in this industry.

Protein timing is unimportant. Consume protein when a whole food meal is inconvenient. There are plenty of quality, affordable options available. Additionally, there is no need to have more than one protein product. The same can be said of creatine. Three to five grams daily of a quality, affordable monohydrate is sufficient.

Please utilize the tools on this site / forum to educate yourself.
    His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

- James Joyce

stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    +1 for Optimum Nutrition whey!! Great value for the nutrition compared to others.
    Visit my website for health topics, recipes, workouts, and other related items!
    www.stephendo.com

Please "Like" my ******** Page for updates!
    www.********.com/stephendofitnesslifestyle

Non-Famous Non-Scientist koard31's Avatar
    koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stephendo View Post
    +1 for Optimum Nutrition whey!! Great value for the nutrition compared to others.
    Value?
    A fan of not overthinking.

Originally Posted by kingnickandnate View Post
    Since you're so new, don't worry about creatine. Focus on your diet for now, and later on you can put those options into play. But, when you do get interested in creatine, you want simple, basic creatine monohydrate: 3-5g per day.

As for protein, you can take it whenever. Protein supplement isn't necessary at all; its just there to help you reach your protein macro if you can't do it with just whole foods.
    Alright, Also how much protein should I be getting when I'm trying to gain muscle (or as its called, bulking), I am 140 pounds and I work out 5 days a week and do an intense workout. Also do you have any tips for my workout, because right now this is what I'm doing
    Day 1: Biceps
    Day 2: Shoulder
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Triceps
    Day 5: Chest
    Day 6: Back
    Should I be doing a split, or is this fine? Also I do abs on each day and have been eating proper, like no juice, no junk food, eating vegies with each meal, and eating tuna in 2 of my 5 meals.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I suggest that you spend some time reading these three stickies:

"Calculating Calories and macronutrient needs." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

"Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

"Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

Also, sounds like you are on the road to mercury poisoning by the amount of tuna that you are eating. It is recommended to limit your intake of canned light tuna to 12 ounces (340 grams) per week from a mercury standpoint, but canned WHITE tuna should be limited to 6 ounces (170 grams) per week.

_______________________ kingnickandnate's Avatar
    kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alright, Also how much protein should I be getting when I'm trying to gain muscle (or as its called, bulking), I am 140 pounds and I work out 5 days a week and do an intense workout. Also do you have any tips for my workout, because right now this is what I'm doing
    Day 1: Biceps
    Day 2: Shoulder
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Triceps
    Day 5: Chest
    Day 6: Back
    Should I be doing a split, or is this fine? Also I do abs on each day and have been eating proper, like no juice, no junk food, eating vegies with each meal, and eating tuna in 2 of my 5 meals.
    Check out the 'workout programs' section of the forum and find a beginners plan for now. I'm not the best guy to talk to about the workout plans, but what you're doing is definitely a good start. Also, check out the link they gave you for counting calories and macros - that's how you'll know how much whey protein you need to take. Once you find your macros (fat, carb, protein) and start counting them, you'll know. If you fall short of your protein macro, throw in some whey protein (if you can't get the protein from whole foods). Goodluck man, feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
    RepRepRep

My Journal / overall log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151290483
    -Come check it out; reps to those who post.

Current Supplement Logs:
    iSatori Bio-Gro: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153731241

Oh I didn't know about the mercury in the canned tuna. Where should I get my natural protein then? Frozen fish and chixken?

Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My friend it is good to see you posting questions. But, perhaps, before you do that look at some of the threads posted on here.

You say you have been lifting for two months?

I would suggest for the time being try to reach a plateau with food and training for a while then perhaps introduce 'supplements' in the form of protein.

If it is the case you can't eat solid meals due to work, school, college then yes a protein supplement might suffice...

More details needed. Typical diet for the day. Wake up, training times, sleep
    Etc...
    ****27/04/2013 partial rupture of the right bicep****

31/05/2013 right distill bicep tendon surgery

www.instagram.com/aesthetic_dream_chaser

www.twitter.com/aestheticChaser

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh I didn't know about the mercury in the canned tuna. Where should I get my natural protein then? Frozen fish and chixken?
    Lol, you're ignoring all the good posts.