Lonewolf91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Struggling with fat loss!

Here's the deal, I have been struggling with my weight for about 3 years now! I hurt my back at work and gained about 40 pounds! It just seems like no matter what I do I can't seem to lose it! I've always been a solid guy but can't hack this awful appearance no longer! I'm 5'11 @ 230lbs 21 years old! If anyone has pointers on what I should do and where I should start it would be greatly appreciated !

Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lonewolf91 View Post
    Here's the deal, I have been struggling with my weight for about 3 years now! I hurt my back at work and gained about 40 pounds! It just seems like no matter what I do I can't seem to lose it! I've always been a solid guy but can't hack this awful appearance no longer! I'm 5'11 @ 230lbs 21 years old! If anyone has pointers on what I should do and where I should start it would be greatly appreciated !
    I'd pretty much guarantee you success if you started counting calories eating 2k calories/day, get around 1g protein/lb of bodyweight, and got on a proven lifting routine. The lifting and protein intake would insure that the weight you lost would be almost entirely fat. Also, if you've never lifted it might be possible to gain muscle at the same time initially which would make the results come even faster. Follow these things consistently for several months and you'll probably be where you want to be. Oh, and read the stickies.

Lonewolf91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to this

Originally Posted by Rnewms View Post
    I'd pretty much guarantee you success if you started counting calories eating 2k calories/day, get around 1g protein/lb of bodyweight, and got on a proven lifting routine. The lifting and protein intake would insure that the weight you lost would be almost entirely fat. Also, if you've never lifted it might be possible to gain muscle at the same time initially which would make the results come even faster. Follow these things consistently for several months and you'll probably be where you want to be. Oh, and read the stickies.
    Where the stickies you r talking about

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lonewolf91 View Post
    Where the stickies you r talking about
    Threads marked "sticky" at the top of the forum pages.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why not your own routine? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Nutrition is HUGE! Even if you started working out like a mad man if you ate like crap it would undo all your hard work. Nutrition and working out go hand in hand.

Be careful with your body when you start lifting you dont want to hurt your back again. Listen to what your body tells you. Be patient with yourself, you need to make lifestyle changes and that doesnt happen over night. Stay committed and determined and you will see results! Good luck! !
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88