anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

losing weight. any tips?

I have just started working out at a near by gym. 1 wk down. My 1st wk I did elliptical 20 mins and weight machines for legs 20 mins.
    this wk starting Sunday 30 mimutes ( 20 elliptical and 10 treadmill ) plus 30 mins of weight machine for legs and arms. I have cut on food intake and heating healthier. I feel I'm on the right track. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anitar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I currently weigh 142 and trying to get back to my normal weight of 115. And I'm 5'5. No gd excuse of the weight gain just a lot of neglecting myself.

BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I added CLA, L-Carintine & fish oil to my daily supplements to assist in fat loss and have seen some good results (was already taking protein and a multi-vitamin). Do your research on these and see if they would be beneficial to you.

Good luck!

Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Calories in< calories burned

Aint nothing else to it

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    CLA and carnitine are placebos. Fish oil is good for several functions that fall under the category of 'health' not weight loss though.

As stated, calories in vs. calories out determines weight loss. The only other things you need worry about are:
    - hitting minimum levels of protein and fat each day
    - weight training at least 2-3 times a week to maintain lean mass
    - getting your RDA for vitamins and minerals

Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think avoid taking carbohydrates...

sonoma71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

water

I eat only home cooked meals nothing to drink except water I lost a ton of weight but I'm in the same boat still trying to loose gut weight

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ciper View Post
    I think avoid taking carbohydrates...
    But you need carbohydrates for optimum gym performance. And no you can't effectively 'time' your intake because digestion is much slower than people seem to think.

Knowing the fundamentals of nutrition is more important than making arbitrary restrictions. See my post above. See the sticky threads in the nutrition forum.

kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinrichard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Have Fresh Juices and Work out daily.. Have walking too when you are free...

SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveJunior12 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Rather than eating food try to drink more and more juice and water, try to avoid carbohydrates

wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    But you need carbohydrates for optimum gym performance. And no you can't effectively 'time' your intake because digestion is much slower than people seem to think.

Knowing the fundamentals of nutrition is more important than making arbitrary restrictions. See my post above. See the sticky threads in the nutrition forum.
    First of all just to give the OP some correct (or at least differing for the sake of argument) information...you do NOT need carbohydrates for optimum gym performance!!! I stay below 20g of net carbs 6 days a week and have "very" optimum gym performances...weight of 175lbs and I bench 335lbs and leg press 900+lbs and lat pull 270lbs (just as three examples)...I give these examples not to brag but to demonstrate that after your 1st week (2nd week for some people) of very low carbs you will feel stronger and have even better workouts then when you were consuming carbs...you will also shed the fat and yes it is possible to increase muscle mass with the right protein/fat ratio and low carbs....

Originally Posted by wrhalljr View Post
    First of all just to give the OP some correct (or at least differing for the sake of argument) information...you do NOT need carbohydrates for optimum gym performance!!! I stay below 20g of net carbs 6 days a week and have "very" optimum gym performances...weight of 175lbs and I bench 335lbs and leg press 900+lbs and lat pull 270lbs (just as three examples)...I give these examples not to brag but to demonstrate that after your 1st week (2nd week for some people) of very low carbs you will feel stronger and have even better workouts then when you were consuming carbs...you will also shed the fat and yes it is possible to increase muscle mass with the right protein/fat ratio and low carbs....
    Whilst individual anecdotes are interesting, the majority of lifters find they are better with carbs.

Perhaps you have some kind of metabolic disorder if you don't function as well with carbs vs. without.

A lot of the time, people on low carb diets eat so much protein that they may as well be on a moderate carb diet. Excess protein is converted to glucose by the body.

wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Whilst individual anecdotes are interesting, the majority of lifters find they are better with carbs.

Perhaps you have some kind of metabolic disorder if you don't function as well with carbs vs. without.

A lot of the time, people on low carb diets eat so much protein that they may as well be on a moderate carb diet. Excess protein is converted to glucose by the body.
    I agree about the excess protein however this is hardly anecdotal...I could link many, many studies and evidence to show that Ketosis does not negatively effect strength or performance after and initial 7-10 day time period! I can't link for some reason but a few article study titles are "Ketogenic diet does not affect strength performance in elite artistic gymnasts"...and in another article which is one of the most comprehensive done by the National Instutes of Health on VLCARB Diets "Very-low-carbohydrate diets and preservation of muscle mass" they looked at all of the major studies on this subject and found in conclusion that "that a VLCARB is, if anything, protective against muscle protein catabolism " and the whole article basically summarizes that there was no loss of energy or muscle and that in many instances muscle was actually gained while fat was lost...

^ Yes, I believe I have seen such studies. All that proves is that the body has enough stored glycogen to cope with 7-10 days of training...

Once you become glycogen depleted then there is no question that your performance will suffer. As I am sure you know, most people who do any kind of training volume need to use protocols such as CKD or TKD. These are essentially carb timing protocols - this underlines the fact that carbs are needed for performance, whether you choose to eat them every day, at certain times or just gorge once a week is up to you. As for me, I can't see why a typical person would suffer the inconvenience when there is no upside.

BTW I have used CKD for several months as an experiment to get around a problem with reactive hypoglycemia - it appeared to work well BUT I think the real reason is not ketosis (I was probably not in ketosis because of high protein consumption) but slowing of digestion with a high fat and fibrous vegetable intake. Sure enough, I am now able to cut using a moderate carb diet but paying special consideration to speed of digestion.

But for anyone who trains hard and has a normal glucose metabolism, I really cannot see the point of giving yourself extra work with a low carb diet.

^ Yes, I believe I have seen such studies. All that proves is that the body has enough stored glycogen to cope with 7-10 days of training...

Once you become glycogen depleted then there is no question that your performance will suffer. As I am sure you know, most people who do any kind of training volume need to use protocols such as CKD or TKD. These are essentially carb timing protocols - this underlines the fact that carbs are needed for performance, whether you choose to eat them every day, at certain times or just gorge once a week is up to you. As for me, I can't see why a typical person would suffer the inconvenience when there is no upside.

BTW I have used CKD for several months as an experiment to get around a problem with reactive hypoglycemia - it appeared to work well BUT I think the real reason is not ketosis (I was probably not in ketosis because of high protein consumption) but slowing of digestion with a high fat and fibrous vegetable intake. Sure enough, I am now able to cut using a moderate carb diet but paying special consideration to speed of digestion.

But for anyone who trains hard and has a normal glucose metabolism, I really cannot see the point of giving yourself extra work with a low carb diet.
    Not to keep on this but look up many articles in The American Academy of Anti-Aging and one specifically by Dr. Kenyon as to the how carbohydrates negatively effect everything in our lives, including our ability to fight diseases and how they even reduce our life span! I only re-feed once or twice a week to change up my routine however I use those usually as my days off as I feel horrible and have very little energy on those days...also I never really go into Ketosis either...thanks

swoleboii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say cut the carbs late at night, watch the amount if calories you consume towards the amount you burn! Eat about 3-4 meals a day no snacking in between. And no meals after 7 pm. It's worked for me in the past so I'm pretty Sure it will work for anyone who is disciplined enough!
    Originally Posted by anitar12 View Post
    I have just started working out at a near by gym. 1 wk down. My 1st wk I did elliptical 20 mins and weight machines for legs 20 mins.
    this wk starting Sunday 30 mimutes ( 20 elliptical and 10 treadmill ) plus 30 mins of weight machine for legs and arms. I have cut on food intake and heating healthier. I feel I'm on the right track. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tip: If your thinking of building abs later, I suggest don't do crunches/situps. It will make your flabby belly look more flabby. If you know what I mean.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    CLA and carnitine are placebos. Fish oil is good for several functions that fall under the category of 'health' not weight loss though.

As stated, calories in vs. calories out determines weight loss. The only other things you need worry about are:
    - hitting minimum levels of protein and fat each day
    - weight training at least 2-3 times a week to maintain lean mass
    - getting your RDA for vitamins and minerals
    ^^^^^ this is good information. These truths will be present in every good weight loss plan.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

These threads are worth your time to read, they may help you greatly in maintaining good nutrition. The basics of nutrition need not be ignored to lose some weight.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I stay below 20g of net carbs 6 days a week and have "very" optimum gym performances...weight of 175lbs and I bench 335lbs and leg press 900+lbs and lat pull 270lbs (just as three examples)...
    You have a very nice physique for 44 years old, but I wouldn't call these numbers "very" optimum gym performances.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152183263

tbop23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HErbalife24

I can help you.lose weight and tone up with a great nutrition plan email me at herbabeast23@gmail.com

Not to keep on this but look up many articles in The American Academy of Anti-Aging and one specifically by Dr. Kenyon as to the how carbohydrates negatively effect everything in our lives, including our ability to fight diseases and how they even reduce our life span! I only re-feed once or twice a week to change up my routine however I use those usually as my days off as I feel horrible and have very little energy on those days...also I never really go into Ketosis either...thanks
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology

correlation =/= causation

Those studies might equally be telling you that people with unhealthy lifestyles like eating lots of carbs. Well duh.

There are countless examples of this kind of cherry picking and intellectual dishonesty. As a keto guy, I am sure you can appreciate the lie propogated by Ancell Keys that saturated fats are bad for you because of his cherry picked data where inconvenient data points were removed.

The same can applied to studies regarding carb consumption.

There is no study showing a difference between people whith otherwise equivalent lifestyles - where the only difference is carbs vs. fat consumption. It doesn't exist and there is not even a respected theory explaining when carbs would somehow cause these problems.