Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Multiple workout questions

Sup brah('s) I have a few questions about bodybuilding I would like answered maybe you all can help me some,
    1. Best workout split for 5 day week?
    2. What would you consider as a "neccesary" supplement
    3. I want to make the back of my traps pop out alot more, I usually just do cable pull and shrugs for this but more advice on it would help
    4. My calfs are refusing to grow and are never sore after my workout- I use a calf machine
    Give me your thoughts

Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rep2Rep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1. Would suggest a 3-day full-body or a push/pull/legs routine over a 5-day split.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113707701

2. Food is really the only necessary supp. As far as I know though, only ones that are actually worth using are whey, creatine and multivitamins.

3. Deadlifts and Upright Rows are quite good

4. Are you absolutely annihilating your calves? Are you sure you're using as much weight as you can possibly lift? Treat them like you treat every other muscle when working out, don't go easy on them and don't underestimate how much weight your calves can lift.
    Oggie22's Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163231711

Starting stats: 137lbs @ 5'11

Injury count: Over 9000

Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. work out what is best for you, always change it up etc.
    2. Whatever you are lacking; if its protein get that, if its not getting enuf carbs etc get a meal replacement , if you need multivitamins/fishoil take them.
    3. bb shrugs, db shrugs, deadlifts,
    4. use more types of exercises then jsut the calf machine..

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Rep2Rep View Post
    Sup brah('s) I have a few questions about bodybuilding I would like answered maybe you all can help me some,
    1. Best workout split for 5 day week?
    2. What would you consider as a "neccesary" supplement
    3. I want to make the back of my traps pop out alot more, I usually just do cable pull and shrugs for this but more advice on it would help
    4. My calfs are refusing to grow and are never sore after my workout- I use a calf machine
    Give me your thoughts
    1. If you can only workout 5 days a week. I would say push/pull/legs/push/pull. Next week start with legs. In my opinion i would do push/pull/legs twice a week. but this would mean u would have to lift weights for 6 days a week
    2. No supplements are necessary. Supplements are just their to supplement something you are missing. You don't need them. Whey protein is pretty common and creatine.
    3. Progressively overload on those exercises and your trapz will pop
    4. Sore muscles does not equal growth. progressive overload and your calfs will grow

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Oggie22 View Post
    4. Are you absolutely annihilating your calves? Are you sure you're using as much weight as you can possibly lift? Treat them like you treat every other muscle when working out, don't go easy on them and don't underestimate how much weight your calves can lift.
    Just to expand on this one slightly. As well as ensuring you aren't going too light, do make sure you aren't going too heavy either. I see a lot of people at my gym going too heavy on calf exercises just because they can throw the weight up. They don't control the negative and they bounce, which puts a lot of stress on the tendons and can cause serious damage, which also means the actually muscles are doing a lot less work.

Also, make sure you are varying which exercise you do. Seated and standing calf raises for example, hit a different part of the muscle. If I remember correctly, the seated calf raise does the soleus, but the standing emphasises more on the gastro---- (don't remember the full word). The gastro---- heads are what give that sexy diamondy shape.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

When you guys say a push/ pull day do you mean use your pulling muscles one day-back n bis. and push muscles another day- chest&tris

Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rep2Rep View Post
    When you guys say a push/ pull day do you mean use your pulling muscles one day-back n bis. and push muscles another day- chest&tris
    Yes, pretty much. Push/Pull refers to the movement, but it'll basically be back/bis, chest/tris/delts, and legs.
    Oggie22's Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163231711

Starting stats: 137lbs @ 5'11

Injury count: Over 9000

Originally Posted by Oggie22 View Post
    Yes, pretty much. Push/Pull refers to the movement, but it'll basically be back/bis, chest/tris/delts, and legs.
    alright thats what I have been sticking to so far, I have recently made legs monday to keep from skipping them. making my current split mon: Legs tues:Back+bis Wed:Chest+tris thurs:chest+tris
    friday:shoulders sound good?

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Upper/Lower/Upper/Lower/OFF/Full Body/OFF/Repeat
    2. food
    3. Pendlay rows and t-bar rows hit the lower trapezius and rhomboids hard, makes your back thicker
    4. Heavy calf raises and calf raises on leg press
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?