BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this a healthy way to eat chicken?

Hey guys I really need to know if this is an okay way to be cooking my chicken when I am trying to lose fat.

I first put my pan on the stove and set the stove to medium, then I add vegetable oil. I then bread my chicken with 1/3 of a cup of breading, which comes to about 110 calories and 20 carbs. Then I put the chicken in the pan until its nice and crispy. I then eat it with either ketchup, bbq sauce, or hot sauce.

I guess my main question is does frying them in vegetable oil make them fattening?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've read those. It just seems weird that frying chicken can be okay, when your whole life you've been told to not fry foods. All the things I put into cooking them makes them like 600 calories. I just kind of wanted clarity that frying chicken was okay.

Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Find macros

Fit it into macros

???

PROFIT

srs. Yes you can eat it. "healthy" is such a relative term when describing food. I think you had better re-read the stickies.

Lift, Eat, Sleep. Repeat. BDeblo's Avatar
    BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BryUgalde View Post
    I've read those. It just seems weird that frying chicken can be okay, when your whole life you've been told to not fry foods. All the things I put into cooking them makes them like 600 calories. I just kind of wanted clarity that frying chicken was okay.
    I understand your concern, but if cooked correctly it will not be a problem. Limit synthetic Trans fat by not exceeding the oil's smoke point.
    Ditch your meal plan and develop a diet that combines sound nutrition with the foods you enjoy by eating when you see fit in the portions that allow you to achieve your macronutrient and caloric needs while providing sufficient micronutrients, energy and satiety. One can never forget that nutrition is a tool, not a restraint; the enjoyment of life should always come first. Psychological, sociological and emotional health should never be threatened by the attempt to increase physiological health.

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    first... define healthy
    There is no substitute for hard work

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by THElabCHIMP View Post
    first... define healthy
    health·y /ˈhelTHē/
    Adjective:
    In good health: "feeling fit and healthy".
    (of a part of the body) Not diseased.

You're welcome.

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    health·y /ˈhelTHē/
    Adjective:
    In good health: "feeling fit and healthy".
    (of a part of the body) Not diseased.

You're welcome.
    the chicken clearly isn't in good health. it's dead.
    There is no substitute for hard work

MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by THElabCHIMP View Post
    the chicken clearly isn't in good health. it's dead.
    I don't think it had much choice in the matter lol
    Borussia Dortmund back-2-back Bundesliga champs

WeightWarri0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gemuadrken View Post
    Find macros

Fit it into macros

???

PROFIT

srs. Yes you can eat it. "healthy" is such a relative term when describing food. I think you had better re-read the stickies.
    ^this + moderation

LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nutritionally speaking, frying anything isn't that good for you, takes away from the nutritional value. However, as others have said, if it fits into your goals/macros, that's another story.