NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool After my Competition…

After my Competition…
    I just had my first Bikini Competition May 12th. I came in 1st place open tall!! I was so happy and couldn’t believe I pulled off a first place for my first show!!
    Anyways, I wanted to get peoples opinion on the after math of when finishing a show for everyone. I am actually struggling with not seeing my body at a very low %. I stuck to my diet after the competition because I didn’t want to lose all my hard work I had done but I have had a few things here and there outside of my diet…which weren’t even that bad but of course your body fat is not going to be the same as when you are prepping for a show and not cheating on your diet at all. When I look in the mirror I obviously don’t see my abs as good as they were and my definition in my back as good….it just bothers me!! I feel like I need to keep the status as a 1st place bikini girl! I feel that when people know that you have competed they focus in on you a little more at the pool, gym and beach.
    What have you all done to maintain your body but still live life a little? Is this something most competitors struggle with after a competition?

Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    U can't compare your self to how u looked on stage daily. It's not healthy by any means.
    IMO and what I did was SLOWLY begin to add more food in and keep up with my weights/cardio while allowing myself one cheat meal a week

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Congrats on the win. I'm not suprised, looking at your profile.

As for eating, this is prime time to regain fat as your metabolism will be pushed down by your prep diet.

Hopefully you have an idea of your current maintenance calorie level...

Firstly, you can have a controlled carb binge - strictly low fat though. Maybe 500 over maintenance....

After that, eat a mixed diet (probably carb heavy though with minimum prot/fats) at about where you think maintenance is for 2 weeks... and keep training. After that you can start to increase calorie intake and hopefully start making some strength/muscle gains if that is what you want.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by NatNat View Post
    What have you all done to maintain your body but still live life a little? Is this something most competitors struggle with after a competition?
    Never having competed in a "Bikini Competition," I can't offer any advices.

This forum might be a more appropriate place to ask your question:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatNat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm comparing my body with how I looked prior to my cutting week. Im just frustrated that any little thing I eat outsid my diet sticks and shows!

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NatNat View Post
    After my Competition…
    I just had my first Bikini Competition May 12th. I came in 1st place open tall!! I was so happy and couldn’t believe I pulled off a first place for my first show!!
    Anyways, I wanted to get peoples opinion on the after math of when finishing a show for everyone. I am actually struggling with not seeing my body at a very low %. I stuck to my diet after the competition because I didn’t want to lose all my hard work I had done but I have had a few things here and there outside of my diet…which weren’t even that bad but of course your body fat is not going to be the same as when you are prepping for a show and not cheating on your diet at all. When I look in the mirror I obviously don’t see my abs as good as they were and my definition in my back as good….it just bothers me!! I feel like I need to keep the status as a 1st place bikini girl! I feel that when people know that you have competed they focus in on you a little more at the pool, gym and beach.
    first, congratulations on the win! pics look great! Personally i didn't see anything wrong with your before pictures and your precomp pics were pretty impressive so it looks like you have a pretty good grasp on nutrition and contest prep..

i think your problem is more mental than anything. You said it yourself - you want to enjoy life. you're not going to walk around looking like you did on the contest and enjoy your life because you will be constantly worrying about every little thing you eat or drink. I don't know how much you dropped during your prep but I would try to stay within 10-15 lbs of that in the offseason. you'll be able to enjoy your social life, maintain a good body, and maybe even put on a little extra muscle in the process. you know how to cut down and can do that relatively easier when you aren't too far from your goal..

good luck.
    {{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141019611&p=806856321#post806856321

Drive/Uncut Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158011943

qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Maybe gaint set may help? In my country, some ppl do gaint set to cut before contest. I think gaint set for abs might help abit. A magazine says that work abs before cardio is good. A pro website suggest that work abs for 45mins in the morning with empty stomach. One of ifbb pro recommend that work abs 3-4times a week.Thats all i got~My knowledge is limited sry~

CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTolson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great Job, Nat. It sure isn't healthy to keep your body in comp state. Allow yourself a certain amount of lbs over, and stick to that. Doing so will allow your body to recover, and be in BETTER shape the next time you are ready to compete! Try to focus on longer term goals rather than how you appear day-to-day. Congrats again and good luck in the future!