Page 11 of 184 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    have ever tried a hook grip JP? my grip strength is rubbish too, but i can hold WAY more with a hook grip. i only use straps now for higher rep sets, or weights that i'm not used to barehanding yet (building up to them tho)
    I have but only at light weight, rough! I'm a big sissy!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    mixed grip?
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    I have but only at light weight, rough! I'm a big sissy!
    yeah it DEF sucks... my thumbs look like they have been run through a meat grinder, but i have to say, now that i'm used to it i find myself falling back to it time and again on all kinds of lifts, even pressing ones... i dunno why lol
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Off to make some cupcakes! This thread has gone far too many posts with out any
    I'm heading for the kitchen to make a pot of coffee!...
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    I'm heading for the kitchen to make a pot of coffee!...
    LOL! I made muffins instead! Might go better with coffee actually

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL! I made muffins instead! Might go better with coffee actually
    Coffee's almost done. When will my order of virtual muffins arrive?
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just stopping by to say i love you and i love the food pron. xoxoxoxoxo
    Team Mustache

Follow my contest-prep log. It's mustache friendly!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137576793

Add me on ******** so we can be muscle friends!

http://www.********.com/logan.carrington

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'm a little under 3 weeks out...and these pics...OMG!!! keep em coming man! loving em!
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by LoganCL View Post
    just stopping by to say i love you and i love the food pron. xoxoxoxoxo
    xoxo

Weight: 161.4

Accessory work:

DB Row: 80 x 6, 6*
    Pullups: BW x 10,10
    HS Iso Row: 2p + 25ps x 6, 6, 6
    BB Curl: 90 x 6, 6, 6
    DB Curl: 25 x 10, 10
    DB Seated Side laterals: 25 x 8, 8, 8
    Abs: x 5

*After watching a video that Jeff Alberts posted on the 3DMJHQ about proper form with DB Rows I decided I was going to give it a go the way he explained. What an EGO check! I had to bring the weights down to 80's but my lats were SPENT! I'll be doing them with proper form going forward, can't believe how much I could feel it in the lats compared to the way I was doing it in the past.

Everything else was pretty basic. Forearms are FRIED from all the deadlift yesterday! Time to rest until thursday at 4:30AM where I get to do 16 sets of squat under time restrictions!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

*After watching a video that Jeff Alberts posted on the 3DMJHQ about proper form with DB Rows I decided I was going to give it a go the way he explained. What an EGO check! I had to bring the weights down to 80's but my lats were SPENT! I'll be doing them with proper form going forward, can't believe how much I could feel it in the lats compared to the way I was doing it in the past.
    This is why I my lifts, weight wise, are so 'wimpy'...LOL!

Form, form, form!

It ain't always about lifting the most weight every session.
    Just think what those muscles would feel like if proper form was used on every exercise..

...my coffee is ready.....where are my virtual muffins?
    Last edited by deltpecx; 05-29-2012 at 07:46 AM.

This is why I my lifts, weight wise, are so 'wimpy'...LOL!

Form, form, form!

It ain't always about lifting the most weight every session.
    Just think what those muscles would feel like if proper form was used on every exercise..

...my coffee is ready.....where are my virtual muffins?
    I usually only do one pic post per week, and those muffins were made after I posted my food from last week! BUT I may make an exception for you tonight if I have time. They were pretty good!

As far as form goes - I like to think I have good form on all of my exercises but there's always room for improvement. I never new my form was off on DB rows until I watched Jeff's video. I'd say 95% of people do that exercise wrong. I tried to find the video to post but couldn't. I'll shoot him an email and post when I get it!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

I usually only do one pic post per week, and those muffins were made after I posted my food from last week! BUT I may make an exception for you tonight if I have time. They were pretty good!

As far as form goes - I like to think I have good form on all of my exercises but there's always room for improvement. I never new my form was off on DB rows until I watched Jeff's video. I'd say 95% of people do that exercise wrong. I tried to find the video to post but couldn't. I'll shoot him an email and post when I get it!
    No problems with the muffins....I drank the coffee..LOL!
    I will wait. It is good for my prep anyway.

I saw that video. Isn't that where he emphasizes letting the DB come forward as it goes down?

I agree most people do this one wrong..along with a lot of other exercises..

As far as form goes - I like to think I have good form on all of my exercises but there's always room for improvement. I never new my form was off on DB rows until I watched Jeff's video.
    Haha, and you thought it was correct with the DB rows too until ......you watched that video. j/s

I thought I had good form on most exercises until I started training with the guy I've been training with.
    He would nail me when I even raised my elbows slightly or if my upper arm was too far back on curls.
    Now body rocking either..on anything!

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mind posting the link to Jeff's vid? Sounds interesting!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Pretty sure this isn't the video you are talking about, but it is Jeff doing one arm rows so that counts for something, right?

Personally, I don't think there's really an exactly right or wrong form especially for something like one arm rows. If you are contracting the muscles you are trying to target, then you are at least doing something right. It might not be as good of a movement as it could be, but there's always room for improvement.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Philippians 4:13

No one can limit my success

Current training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149434003

Goals before I'm 30: PhD and natural pro card.

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    As soon as he sends it to me I'll post it up!

Originally Posted by Reid456 View Post
    Pretty sure this isn't the video you are talking about, but it is Jeff doing one arm rows so that counts for something, right?

Personally, I don't think there's really an exactly right or wrong form especially for something like one arm rows. If you are contracting the muscles you are trying to target, then you are at least doing something right. It might not be as good of a movement as it could be, but there's always room for improvement.
    I do agree with you. It's not that I feel I didn't get anything out of them with my previous form, but with the new form my lats were SPENT. I have NEVER had it hit the lats like I did this morning. So like you said, always room for improvement

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

MISC

300kcal MISS yesterday, 200kcal LISS today.

CAN NOT wait for my deep tissue massage this friday. It's going to be painful heaven on earth!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

...Personally, I don't think there's really an exactly right or wrong form especially for something like one arm rows. If you are contracting the muscles you are trying to target, then you are at least doing something right. It might not be as good of a movement as it could be, but there's always room for improvement.
    Actually there is correct form and incorrect form.
    By using correct form one might not be able to lift as heavy as with incorrect form.
    I'm speaking from a bodybuilding perspective.
    As JP said; "What an EGO check!"
    Just my 2 cents...and I'm not trying to be disagreeable either...

Most guys yank the DB up with their arms and not their back when doing DB rows.

I guess my question would be; Why wouldn't one want to use correct form?
    Last edited by deltpecx; 05-30-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ben and jerrys + deep tissue massages? Dude, you are living large. Im gonna try the deep tissue one of these days.....
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Ben and jerrys + deep tissue massages? Dude, you are living large. Im gonna try the deep tissue one of these days.....
    Pretty much eating BJ's 5 nights a week now! It's my pre-bed, finish off the macros snack lol

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As soon as he sends it to me I'll post it up!

I do agree with you. It's not that I feel I didn't get anything out of them with my previous form, but with the new form my lats were SPENT. I have NEVER had it hit the lats like I did this morning. So like you said, always room for improvement
    I look forward to that video, and I agree that with rows its as much about taking the bicep and shoulder out of the movement as possible. I drop the weight down enough so that i can focus on the lat squeezing as well. There is always a time for using some momentum and getting some work beyond what can be done with text book form but I use that as a tool to make progress, not as a regular method of training.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually there is correct form and incorrect form.
    By using correct form one might not be able to lift as heavy as with incorrect form.
    I'm speaking from a bodybuilding perspective.
    As JP said; "What an EGO check!"
    Just my 2 cents...and I'm not trying to be disagreeable either...

Most guys yank the DB up with their arms and not their back when doing DB rows.

I guess my question would be; Why wouldn't one want to use correct form?
    I guess what I'm saying is: form isn't black and white. There isn't an explicit correct form or one explicit incorrect form. There's some wiggle room in what in what is considered "correct", and doing things "correct" should always be the goal.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Philippians 4:13

No one can limit my success

Current training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149434003

Goals before I'm 30: PhD and natural pro card.

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess what I'm saying is: form isn't black and white. There isn't an explicit correct form or one explicit incorrect form. There's some wiggle room in what in what is considered "correct", and doing things "correct" should always be the goal.
    I definitely agree with this in principle as long as the right muscles are getting worked....

having said that, the DB row form that Jeff demonstrates is phenomenally better for lat activation than any other form I've seen. If there ever was a definitively correct way to do DB rows, this is it. JP post that vid!

You guys are so pushy!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pretty much eating BJ's 5 nights a week now! It's my pre-bed, finish off the macros snack lol
    How much you eating? lol mustn't be eating too much during the day then?
    - <30 weeks out with 3DMJ & -Berto- to the 2014 Victorian INBA Victorian Titles.

- Also, join my log on ********: http://www.********.com/AndysNaturalJourney

Originally Posted by andyboi View Post
    How much you eating? lol mustn't be eating too much during the day then?
    I eat about 30/250/170 before 7PM, then I have 20/150/30 after 7PM. I honestly am limited with the BJ's, I usually only do about 60g mixed with FF Vanilla/chocolate depending on the base of the BJ's.

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My wife made some "black and white cupcakes" the other day... instantly thought of this thread lol

Things look like they are going well in here.

Originally Posted by securekey View Post
    My wife made some "black and white cupcakes" the other day... instantly thought of this thread lol

Things look like they are going well in here.
    I can haz?

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Nutrition: 50/400/200

Weight:161.4

Sheiko 37:Week 2 Day 5

(1RPM%/reps/sets/weight)

BB Bench

50% 6 1 135
    60% 5 1 165
    70% 4 2 195
    75% 3 2 205
    80% 2 2 225
    75% 4 1 205
    70% 5 1 195
    60% 6 1 165
    50% 7 1 135

Seated Good Mornings

5 x 5

DB Fly

10 x 5

Squat

50% 4 1 170
    60% 4 1 200
    70% 3 2 235
    75% 3 6 250

Triceps

10 x 5

Squat

55% 3 1 185
    65% 3 1 215
    75% 2 4 250

Duration 1hr 15min

MISC

This work out was like an effin cardio session! Tough to get through with my time restrictions, but I did it

Feeling the wear and tear but powering through! No serious injuries or problems to report, just the normal stuff that goes with sheiko.

Sushi tomorrow, awww yeah!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Sushi tomorrow, awww yeah!
    I'm so envious of you!

Virtual sushi will be better than no sushi...LOL!

I'm so envious of you!

Virtual sushi will be better than no sushi...LOL!
    I'll post the sushi pics tomorrow, just for you (Promise!)

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Page 11 of 184 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast