lemonth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3rd shift meal timing

I work third shift, 10pm to 6:30am. I've kept a good workout and sleep schedule and my diet is still clean. I'd like some advice with my last meal of the day before bed. I get home around 7am and I eat 2-3 whole eggs and a serving of oatmeal, 1/2 a cup. I usually get in the bed anywhere from 9-10. I am married with a 11month old son. I spend the morning helping my wife get to school, feeding and watching my son. By the time I am able to eat its usually close to 8am. I try by best to get my 8 hours of sleep. I train first thing when I wake up then come back home before work. I get up anywhere from 5pm-6pm. Is eating oatmeal okay for my last meal of the day or do I need to switch flaxseed or perhaps peanut butter instead of the carbs. I've thought about swapping my breakfast and supper. eggs and oatmeal before work after my workout and my lean protien and green vegetables before bed. I just want some advice about meals before bed on third shift. I really dont think that oatmeal is hurting my gains in the gym but for leaning up purposes is where I am confused. Some say no to little carbs before bed, but I tend to think that as long as the diet is clean/balanced and the training is intense/right I should be okay. Any input would be awesome.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Meal timing and frequency are simply a function of personal preference, as is the specific composition of each meal.

What matters is total daily energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

What I sugget you do is forget everything you think you know about nutrition and start reading:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851