jsdlol72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need help on weight and muscle management! thanks

I am currently trying to gain muscle and lose body fat. I know its a process that takes quite some time but I have been out of the gym for 8 months now I was pretty experienced as far as building muscle but not maintaining a good body fat. Ive been in military training which kept me from having access to the gym.. I did not use protein trying to lose weight before I joined so I used test boosters and creatine..yes it was a huge mistake on my part to do it that way and ive been researching a little for when(now) I get back into it.. I am really looking for a good lean body. Now onto supplements. 
    Pre workout assult by mp and yok3d (yok3d was on sale for real cheap)
    vitamins opti men and fish oil 
    amino x by bsn
    casien by ON
    protein combat by mp 
    cellucor HD and WS1 (They were on sale so I figured why not) 
    I eat high fiber cerial and oats in the morning and normally eat griled chicken with a high fiber wrap or different things with grilled chicken 
    I keep at about 1800 calories a day including my proteins and what not.. low fat intake with high fiber and protein. Any suggestions or anything wrong here?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's the calories and macronutrient/micronutrient content of your foods that will dictate results. Have a look at the macro calculation sticky thread for guidance on this.

And don't bother with supplements until you understand what you need from your diet. Supplements are there to supplement your diet in cases where it's deficicient. You can't just throw them into the mix and expect improvements in results.

beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, there are many things wrong here. First, drop the supplements. You need to have your diet in check (it is evident your diet is not) before considering adding in supplements.

Second, read through this thread for a basic understanding of nutrition:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

Third, a low-fat diet is a sure way to damage your overall health, so you need to adjust your macronutrient intake. Go here to do that and to also estimate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Add a 10-20% surplus to your TDEE if you want to gain weight. This will ensure a slow and steady rate of weight gain that minimizes fat accumulation. Eat foods you enjoy (employ common sense and moderation), while adhering to your calorie/macro/micro requirements and deriving the majority of your diet from whole or minimally processed foods.

Fourth, you'll need to keep strength training in order to build lean body mass (obviously). Head over to the "Workout Programs" section of the forum and choose a routine that focuses around compound lifts and progressive overload.

Good luck. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

I can not eat whatever.. I have one of the slowest metabolisms out there. And why stop suppliments if im trying to gain muscle.. there are plenty of people who use suppliments and dont care about what they eat and gain loads of muscle. Maybe im stubborn but I dont feel dropping suppliments will do anything especially if im geting loads of what I dont get from food out of this.. also understand im in the military on a base in south korea and do not exactly have the greatest resources for food let alone the capability or even time to prepare certain meals

I guess I should also add that my diet is also high carbs (healthy carbs)

Wink

Need all the advice I can get

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jsdlol72 View Post
    I can not eat whatever.. I have one of the slowest metabolisms out there. And why stop suppliments if im trying to gain muscle.. there are plenty of people who use suppliments and dont care about what they eat and gain loads of muscle. Maybe im stubborn but I dont feel dropping suppliments will do anything especially if im geting loads of what I dont get from food out of this.. also understand im in the military on a base in south korea and do not exactly have the greatest resources for food let alone the capability or even time to prepare certain meals
    I'm not saying either of those things. I am saying that you should work out what nutrition you need using the information source I cited (which doesn't involve eating anything you want but is probably far more flexible than you might think). THEN decide which supplements would be useful.

vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm gonna put this as simply as I can. Supplements don't work bro.

Work on consistency within your diet and training.