Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000)

ONE LAST PUSH!! Eric's 16 Week Journey To Bluff's Classic #OUTWORK

WELCOME!!! Some of you will recall my previous journey w/ Layne Norton as my prep coach found here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=144528881

Not only did the journal serve as an accurate measure of self-accountability, but I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting some damn good people on these boards and the tons of encouragement each day was AWESOME, especially when, aside from family, there's not a whole lotta' folks with the mindset to understand just how crazy, we, as natural bodybuilders, truly are!

My first prep this year couldn't have gone any better, Layne truly had me shredded beyond belief, even after our battle to decide if my metabolism could even handle a show this year. Long story short, I went from this in 2011, to the pic below, in just one year of on point nutrition, razor like focus and tons of heavy, compound movements, with about 1/3 of the cardio. Here's a pic from my first show ever in July of 2011.

...and a few highlights from this seasons prep:

ORIGINALLY, as discussed near the end of my previous journal, I'd planned on the last "push" being Sept. 15th in KC. HOWEVER, late last Friday I received an email from my hierarchy at work that my annual manager's meeting would be held in New Orleans (which, I'm not mad at, at all, lol) from the 12-15th of September. Needless to say, I'd already weasled out of one manager's meeting earlier this year during my peak week for my first show of the year in Tulsa, and there was no way around it this time. Which, could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. So after conversing with Layne briefly prior to his well-deserved vacation this week, here is my current plan of attack.

1. My lowest prep weight thus far had been 194, but I've usually hovered around 196 for the most part and actually came in heavier for the St. Louis show, my last show, and feel that I couldn't have been any fuller or tighter...best showing to date, undoubtedly. I'm currently hovering around 200, even after a slight..ahem.."breach" in my macros the last few Saturday's. Today I clocked in at a slightly heavier 202. So, with 16 weeks to go until the Super Pro Bluff's Classic (win your class = pro card), I'm going to give it one last HARD PUSH. My metabolism is still A-OK, as at the low point of prep my carbs were 160 and I'm still losing today at 220 per day and feeling A-OK.

2. With a family vacation approaching this week (this Friday-Next Friday) in Gulf Shores, AL, I still plan on nailing my macros with maybe one "eat out" meal per day, fit as closely as possible into macros with the family. I'm also going to continue to do normal cardio, but back off the weights just a tad as I'm in desperate need of a deload. I've only been on vacation with the fam once in the last two/three years and I'm very much looking forward to the much needed break.

3. Realistically, did I set my self back conditioning-wise these last few weeks? Hell yes, abs are a little watery and glutes, while still striated on side poses, aren't nearly as sharp as they were. However, I feel that this mini-break has allowed me to indulge in many of the foods, time spent with family that I haven't had since January and I feel GREAT and almost re-rejuvenated to a certain extent. I'm sure the added cals aren't gonna' hurt me one bit (I hope, lol) and this is one moment where I'm glad I'm 6'5" and have a metabolism that has been rocking as of late. Honestly, while it may have been a stretch, I feel that I could have stepped on stage my first "prep" at 8 weeks out and done some damage. Now, with all that being said, there's no rest for the weary...time to #OUTWORK!!!!

4. POINT BLANK, this is it!! Being that this show is a Super Pro Qual., I win my class = Pro Card. In two of the 3 shows I've done that, won the tall class. NOW, this is it..the time is now, or else I'll see ya'll in 2014!!
    Last edited by Crazyups; 07-25-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    Prepping for Summer 2013 w/Ahlstrom Fitness Consulting

"You Either Build or Destroy"-Jay Electronica

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like a solid plan and obviously you won't have any problem bringing your usualy shredded package to the stage! Plus you can enjoy Thanksgiving shortly after!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in on this Eric. Enjoy the vacation, 16 weeks is more than enough time to compensate any slippage.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143873931

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck, you've really made some amazing strides and your journey thus far has been ultra-inspirational. Go and get it!

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IN!!!

Crazy shredded pics bro!
    advertising not permitted

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In again!

Enjoy the vaca!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    In again!

Enjoy the vaca!
    Thank you all kindly!!! YES, very much looking forward to time with my girls!!!! I feel very good and very confident!! Actually, it's kind of a blessing in disguise that everything is falling into place the way that it has!! Believe it or not, I actually spent a ton of time "in the sky" for work this past prep and boy that was very tough. Should be much easier this outing.

Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Work/life/job balance during contest prep is no small task, but it looks like you're finding that happy medium IN!!

Edit: Oh, and took your advice and ordered my trunks with Cynthia James, looking forward to sportin' them

Pro Natural Bodybuilder Spadaboom's Avatar
    Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spadaboom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In for this....best of luck buddy
    UFE Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Team Fitness Center Athlete

Follow me on ********: www.********.com/Chrisliveyoungdreambig (I am looking to Inspire and Motivate through my actions)

Work with the Best Canadian Natural Bodybuilders: www.********.com/thefitnesscenterTO

Canadian Athlete

stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In! Looking forward to following along.

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm assuming you'd want to gain some lbs before going into a deficit again?

CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In for this. Big fan of how shredded you get and you look like you'd be a major threat on the b-ball court too.

Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    I'm assuming you'd want to gain some lbs before going into a deficit again?
    LOL, mission accomplished!!! Keep in mind, I've been eating A TON these last few Saturdays, thankfully, my weight has stayed within strike distance 3-5 lbs. Layne is on vacation this week, and I plan on enjoying mine as well...just not TOO much, but as of now I'm on my regular macros

Originally Posted by CutItUp9759 View Post
    In for this. Big fan of how shredded you get and you look like you'd be a major threat on the b-ball court too.
    Yes sir, can still do just about any dunk I could when I was 18..actually played in college and for the military as well.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lurked your entire prep journal last go around bro! Stay focused!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Lurked your entire prep journal last go around bro! Stay focused!
    Thanks Bob...and FWIW, dude, I was talking with Pete on FB the other day and you got the ABSOLUTE SHAFT..goodness, I saw the lineup and was like "game over"...BTW, waita' rep for PA!! I'm from near the Harrisburg area...was actually gonna' attend a JUCO school to play hoops in Erie back in '94

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Crazyups View Post
    Thanks Bob...and FWIW, dude, I was talking with Pete on FB the other day and you got the ABSOLUTE SHAFT..goodness, I saw the lineup and was like "game over"...BTW, waita' rep for PA!! I'm from near the Harrisburg area...was actually gonna' attend a JUCO school to play hoops in Erie back in '94
    The crowd Boo'd after i got my trophy, and the judges told me i had the best legs and color in the class.

How does that work? Sub up in my journal bro!

Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Going to jump in on this one! You had crazy conditioning this year and don't want to miss this time around.
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to conquer."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by Vanguard1965 View Post
    Going to jump in on this one! You had crazy conditioning this year and don't want to miss this time around.
    Thanks kindly, never realized u were with Layne as well.

A few pics that just arrived (finally) from the St. Louis show...hoping to bring even better conditioning to BLUFFS in 16 weeks!!

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Those side shots are insane, Eric! Looking forward to the next one.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Those side shots are insane, Eric! Looking forward to the next one.
    Thanks Bill!! Seeing these pics has me wanting to really "keep it in check" during vacation this week, only about 5-6 lbs over the weight in these pics now, but looking at these has me feelin' like a fat ass, lol!

Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Willgetnice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Those pics are flat out crazy, that's some ridiculous conditioning lol looking forward to see how you come in again!!

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Crazyups View Post
    Thanks Bill!! Seeing these pics has me wanting to really "keep it in check" during vacation this week, only about 5-6 lbs over the weight in these pics now, but looking at these has me feelin' like a fat ass, lol!
    How's your libido, levels doing?

Ehhhh....slowly but surely coming back...no pun intended, lol

Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Amazing pictures and conditioning!
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to conquer."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wow your shredded bro!!! cant wait to see the next showing!
    advertising not permitted

8-6-2012 (Just under 13 Weeks Out!)

AM Weight: 205.6

To quote the the lyrics of one great, Rakim, "It's been a long time, I shouldn't have let you", lol. Welp, I had a GREAT 10 day vacation w/family in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL. I really wasn't expecting all that much, but man, as hectic as it's been here at work today, I wish I could rewind to a week ago, lol.

As far as eats? Good lawd, I told myself I was going to somewhat "graze", keeping w/i striking distance of my current macros. Yeah, ummm..not so much. I "tow it up" (thanks Tracy Morgan), thankfully, a lot of the fluff that had me tripping out looking in the mirror is somewhat gone. Although, I told Layne I wanted to stay no more than 10 lbs above stage weight, as of today, I did just that, with little room to spare. However, since I won't be needing my Tuesday refeed, there's no doubt I'll be down to 201 by week's end. With 13 weeks to go, not being cocky in the least bit, but I have plenty of room to "work with" as far as food and cardio.

Maan, I feel mentally re-charged!! While the dumbells at the resort only went up to 50lbs...I kept many of my w/o's to hypertrophy with minimal rest b/w sets and supersetted many of the w/o's. The only thing is I relied on HIIT with wind sprints, which I did again today..this time with an 80 lb Rucksack...RANGER STYLE!! Still, my HIIT cardio is only comprised of 5 intervals...35 minutes, twice weekly...relatively ez breezy!! Someday I wish Layne would eliminate my two weekly MISS sessions and just incorporate HIIT. Maaan, I hate me some steady state!!

Yesterday was Power Upper and some of my lifts were less than stellar, I seem to have a bit of tendinitis in my right elbow setting in...really stung on skull crushers and DB curls...had to switch up to Hammers and OH DBs to relieve some of the stress on the elbow. So as of today, I've got a little more than 10lbs to drop..or maybe not, I honestly feel that I've put on some possible gains since the start of July, my last show. What's funny is people see you in the supermarket and they ask me when my next bodybuilding show is, yet, when I'm in the "heart" of prep they ask me how long I've been running? Gotta' love natty BB'ing!!

7-5-12

Power Upper (PHAT)

Flat DB
    100x5, 105x5, 110x4

Incline DB Flye
    65x10, 70x10

Close Grip Bench (first time doin' these in MONTHS)
    155x10, 175x6

Close Grip T Bar Rows
    315x5, 360x5, 405x5 (PR on last set)

Wide Grip P-Downs (facing outward)
    150x8, 165x8x2sets

DB Shoulder Press
    60,65,70x8, 75x6

OH DB X-tens.
    90,95,100x8, 105x10

DB Hammers
    40,45,50x8, 55x6

...and, just for kicks...a few pics (w/my lovely ladies!) from vacation..nice and sodium loaded!!!LOL

CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CutItUp9759 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lol you look like 25 years old man...

Bodybuilding = anti-aging

Originally Posted by CutItUp9759 View Post
    Lol you look like 25 years old man...

Bodybuilding = anti-aging
    LOL, thanks man, it's called staying out of the tanning bed!