angelo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein shake diet plan - will this work?

Hi there, this is my first post on bodybuilding. I've been trying to follow the diet plan below but I have seen a massive decrease in strength and dropped weight at the same time, is this diet healthy?

Here is a typical day:

Day plan ( times vary slightly due to university and work )

1030 6 egg omelette w spinach and pine nuts
    1 gas pro shake w skimmed milk

1330 2 large quorn burgers with 1 cup of carrots and 1 cup of sweetcorn

1500 Gym (depends on the day as to the time)

1600 gold standard strawberry whey protein shake*W water

1800 6 egg omelette with spinach and pine nuts

1945 gaspari myofusion protein shake shake w skimmed milk

2230 gold standard casein protein shake w skimmed milk

I drink about 2 litres of water a day

A bit more about me
    6'1
    21yr old
    Training on and off since 16 (lots of injuries in that time)
    Body fat 13/14% before Christmas and a week of training, may be a bit higher due to about 5 kg of free chocolate that I ate at work.
    Weight 190 pounds
    Goal: to have a six pack showing by march, going to spring break cancun, currently as a fat lad from England!
    I train 4 times a week, chest Monday, legs Tuesday, back Thursday and shoulders Saturday. Not been doing any cardio due to bad skin splints but should be ok to start jogging again now.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks
    6'1 - 193pounds - 13% BodyFat - Help me get me motivated & I'll get to 9% BodyFat!!

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Start reading here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

your food options do not matter, and your diet is pretty boring and probably you will be starving doing this

Do you know how much calories you need, do you know how much you eat?

Eat when you want, using foods that you enjoy and are micronutrient dense

You might want to look into a better WO routine
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

Chrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not sure the protein grams per seving from you shakes but from looking at your diet it looks like you have a LARGE amount of portein and very little Carbs. If I were to guess you diet could be impacting your strength because you aren't consuming enough carbs for fuel and the fat intake is limited as well thus making your body attack your muscles for fuel. Please post the nutritional value of this diet and we can help you out. As Vitornoob stated take a look at the stickie, it will help you out.

My Diet

Thanks for the info, I've posted the nutritional values below of all my foods:

6x eggs (2 yolk) with Spinach and pine nuts omelette
    Kcal 212
    Protein 27
    Carbs 2.66
    of which sugars 0
    Fat 9.36
    of which saturates 3.2

Quorn burgers (2) with carrots and sweetcorn
    Kcal 326
    Protein 31.7
    Carbs 24.2
    of which sugars 7.9
    Fat 10.8
    of which saturates 5

2 scoops of GS protein with red top milk (250ml)
    Kcal 240
    Protein 48
    Carbs 6
    of which sugars 2
    Fat 2
    of which saturates 1

6x eggs (2 yolk) with Spinach and pine nuts omlette
    Kcal 212
    Protein 27
    Carbs 2.66
    of which sugars 0
    Fat 9.36
    of which saturates 3.2

Gaspari Myofusion 1.5 scoops
    Kcal 236.25
    Protein 37.5
    Carbs 7.5
    of which sugars 3
    Fat 4.5
    of which saturates 0.6

Gold Standard Casein 2 scoops
    Kcal 240
    Protein 48
    Carbs 8
    of which sugars 2
    Fat 2
    of which saturates 1

1 litre skimmed milk per day
    Kcal 370
    Protein 32
    Carbs 50
    of which sugars 50
    Fat 4
    of which saturates 2

Totals for 1 day:
    Kcal 1836.25
    Protein 251.2
    Carbs 101.02
    of which sugars 64.9
    Fat 42.02
    of which saturates 16

What do you mean by looking at better workouts? Do you mean different styles of workout? I've done a few months of circuit training a couple of years ago, I've tried German Volume Training and I've tried Pyramid Sets. The one type of weights that seems to do me good is standard 3 x 6-10reps, 4 exercises per muscle group and incorporating deadlifts, squats, shoulder press and bench press as the main exercises in each muscle group.

I can list a few sample workouts if it is my workouts that are a problem and are stopping me progressing

Thanks for the link, good info on there
    6'1 - 193pounds - 13% BodyFat - Help me get me motivated & I'll get to 9% BodyFat!!

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your diet is acutely deficient in fat and micronutrients and it's also deficient in energy intake (calories). And you're feeding 7 times per day, with each mini meal averaging ~250 calories. Why would you do that?

Anyway, to learn how to compose a proper diet, please see:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

Calorie & Macronutrient Needs

Thanks again for the link,

I am trying to drop probably about 4/5% bf in 2 months, I am able to eat the above, meaning I have the will power for it.
    Isn't it true that eating more regularly, smaller portions is key to fat loss? I know that I am lacking some nutrition in there, but I do take 6 x cod liver oil tablets, 3 x milk thistle, BCAA and 2 x glutamine caps daily, would that not make up for any lack of nutrition, with the aim to cut ?

According to the above thread, for someone of just over my weight, they should be at 2400 cals to cut, so surely all I need to add to the above diet would be 2 tablespoon of organic peanut butter a day to add about 40/500 cals.

Would that be right?

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by angelo16 View Post
    Isn't it true that eating more regularly, smaller portions is key to fat loss?
    No, it is not true.

I know that I am lacking some nutrition in there, but I do take 6 x cod liver oil tablets, 3 x milk thistle, BCAA and 2 x glutamine caps daily, would that not make up for any lack of nutrition, with the aim to cut ?
    You're very confused. For example, why in the world would you take BCAA supplements when you're consuming a huge amount of protein that is rich in BCAA's? Your diet isn't acutely deficient in protein.

It is acutely deficient in micronutrient intake and dietary fat. Also, it's deficient in total energy intake, which means you're going to lose more muscle mass than is necessary.

Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks again for the link,

I am trying to drop probably about 4/5% bf in 2 months, I am able to eat the above, meaning I have the will power for it.
    Isn't it true that eating more regularly, smaller portions is key to fat loss? I know that I am lacking some nutrition in there, but I do take 6 x cod liver oil tablets, 3 x milk thistle, BCAA and 2 x glutamine caps daily, would that not make up for any lack of nutrition, with the aim to cut ?

According to the above thread, for someone of just over my weight, they should be at 2400 cals to cut, so surely all I need to add to the above diet would be 2 tablespoon of organic peanut butter a day to add about 40/500 cals.

Would that be right?

the key to fat loss is figuiring out how many kcal you expend per day and eating under that........in as many or few meals as you like.You will lose weight if you eat 2 meals as long as the kcal in those 2 meals are below you basal metabolic rate.

Like Wonderpug said you are so deficient in fats.Your 190lbs at 6'1.You definately need more kcal.

Look this holiday you will not have a 6 pack.It's as simple as that and if you do you will have no muscle mass due to extreme dieting.You could lose some fat but I don't think losing 4-5% bodyfat if you're already at 14% is a good idea.You would need to take longer.

Find out how many kcal you need to maintain your weight start at 2500kcal and if you have still lost weight up the kcal,once you've found out how many kcal you need to maintain your weight drop 500kcal from that number to lose 1lb per week.More than anything check out the links posted above me.They tell you all you need to know

zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100) zaman1991 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    No, it is not true.

You're very confused. For example, why in the world would you take BCAA supplements when you're consuming a huge amount of protein that is rich in BCAA's? Your diet isn't acutely deficient in protein.

It is acutely deficient in micronutrient intake and dietary fat. Also, it's deficient in total energy intake, which means you're going to lose more muscle mass than is necessary.
    wonderpug i have a question, if my diet dosent have much fat in it no healthy or unhealthy fat what are the consequences ?

the only fat id normally consume on a good day would be from a chicken curry but even then id make sure theres no oil on it :S

Originally Posted by zaman1991 View Post
    wonderpug i have a question, if my diet dosent have much fat in it no healthy or unhealthy fat what are the consequences ?
    Firstly, the only "unhealthy fat" is artificial trans fats, but lacking certain fats and having an acutely disproportionate ratio of omega 6/omega 3 intake is not a good idea.

That said, how much dietary fat are you consuming per day?