chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Pendlay Rows form looks terrible...

It seems that my legs/hips participate a lot in the movement. Is my grip too wide? I think i really need to deload and correct my form.

Pendlay rows:http://stronglifts.com/how-to-perfor...ect-technique/
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ

chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chusash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    please respond
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Since it's just a row, it doesn't really matter.
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shnappley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like your back is rounding, but the camera angle cuts that part off too much to say for sure.

I try to minimize leg/hip usage as much as possible on bent over rows, because I consider that a strict back-builder movement. On pendlay rows, I'm a lot more lenient with myself about leg drive. So long as your back is getting stronger and the leg drive isn't hindering your recovery or anything, probably wouldn't worry much about it.

Originally Posted by breathinglife View Post
    Since it's just a row, it doesn't really matter.
    R u serious?
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chusash View Post
    please respond
    Don't bump a thread after 5 minutes, this isn't a chat room. Wait at least a couple of hours. Better yet, until the next day.

That being said get another video from the side view. Can't see much with what you have there.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Originally Posted by Shnappley View Post
    Looks like your back is rounding, but the camera angle cuts that part off too much to say for sure.

I try to minimize leg/hip usage as much as possible on bent over rows, because I consider that a strict back-builder movement. On pendlay rows, I'm a lot more lenient with myself about leg drive. So long as your back is getting stronger and the leg drive isn't hindering your recovery or anything, probably wouldn't worry much about it.
    Thx for the advice. My training partner did not show up today so that i have to make my phone stand on the ground. I did notice that my lower back is rounding when i try to pull the bar off the ground. I think its becuz i was looking down instead of looking forward.
    I heard that pendlay rows are superior than bent over rows, so it is the only back exercise i do besides pull/chin ups.
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Horrible camera angle. Pendlay rows are meant to be explosive not this slow contract that you are doing.

Skip ahead to 2:50
    771/645/622 Single Ply

BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Torrtre, I dont think he's trying to be slow.... actually, I think he is trying to be explosive. But the last half of the movement appears to be a weakpoint, so he subconsciously begins to use his lower back to maintain bar speed.

I used to suffer from similar form issues, which seemed to be caused by weak upper/middle traps

Or I could be talking outa my ass. Either or.
    RAW ELITE OR DIE

1603 @ 242, raw (4-16-16)

"You can be 175 pounds SHREDDED, but with a T shirt on you just look like a skinny *******" - Mark Ripptoe

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chusash View Post
    R u serious?
    If he's not I am. Its just a row.

I sleep with my fan on... nekkidbear's Avatar
    nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try arching your lower back harder... to help look slight forward and fix your gaze on that position. I wouldn't crane your neck and look up a lot so you don't hyperextend but slightly forward. If you have to put an object out in front of you to look at. A little bit of hip movement is fine but a lot means you are probably using your lower back. I have had mine spasm out on me once from pendlays years back but that was because I wasn't staying tight throughout the movement.

Get a side view and a deload may be necessary if you want to improve your form.
    Meow

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Doesn't look too bad. I dunno, I never had problems with back rounding, so I can't really advise you on how to fix it.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you can't do this, you're doing it wrong.

Notice how the entire back stays rigid.

redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redviiper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you gripping the bar like you do bench? If yes, your fine... if no, you now know what to do.

If your questioning your form deload... it cant hurt.

ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Horrible camera angle. Pendlay rows are meant to be explosive not this slow contract that you are doing.
    Exactly. If you're not knocking the wind out of yourself at least once in a workout on Pendlay Rows, you're doing them wrong.

As such, you're doing them completely wrong. Plus, your back is round where it should be flat.

You could, of course, have spent the time you wasted making that video and badgering people about your form lifting weights. That probably would have been a better choice.
    Last edited by ChAoSnPAIN; 11-15-2011 at 10:59 AM.

skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skills101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People should boycott this thread since it clearly encourages shooting your form check videos at such an obtuse angle that we can't, well, form check.

That, and it's just a row.
    I'm weak, but I'm working on it.
    Started lifting 4/10
    350/245/463/155x5/225 S/BP/DL/Press/P-Clean @ 190# BW, 12/12/10
    Goal for 12/12/2010: 405/285/515/180/255

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's just a row.

If you want a bunch of useless responses about your technique, post it in the exercises section.

sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by BombDonald View Post
    It's just a row.

If you want a bunch of useless responses about your technique, post it in the exercises section.
    ^ Lol, never a truer word spoken

ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000) ChAoSnPAIN is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skills101 View Post
    People should boycott this thread since it clearly encourages shooting your form check videos at such an obtuse angle that we can't, well, form check.

That, and it's just a row.
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I think these form check vids are ****ing retarded. It's attention whoring about weakness, which is even worse than regular attention whoring, and belies a staunch refusal to do any research or apply any effort yourself. Instead, you rely on google and the opinions of total strangers, which is as stupid as it is lazy.

SFW and grow a beard Blarnee_92's Avatar
    Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sbowesuk View Post
    ^ Lol, never a truer word spoken
    Strong ass kissing
    **New Jersey Crew 732**

The Barbender Bartender