Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Once more into the fray.. IrishPilot's Avatar
    IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PerpetualMotion View Post
    ...I'm shooting for 7 for 320. ...I came in at 154 today...
    Unreal man. Thats incredible squat strength for your stats. Awesome.
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
    Unreal man. Thats incredible squat strength for your stats. Awesome.
    Thanks. I haven't hit it yet, though. I'm glad I have my brother as a partner because we really push each other a lot in the gym. He also gives me great feedback, so it's a win-win. Too bad I might be starting a morning job, so I won't be lifting in the morning anymore with him.
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks. I haven't hit it yet, though. I'm glad I have my brother as a partner because we really push each other a lot in the gym. He also gives me great feedback, so it's a win-win. Too bad I might be starting a morning job, so I won't be lifting in the morning anymore with him.
    reading that Dave tate article somebody posted on DYEL, and one bit stood out in particular to me about how you should strive to train with those better than you, as you'll never progress to your maximum potential if you have to be the 'big fish in a small pond' - that kind of thing

jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It is good to have a like-minded workout partner, though they are very hard to come by.
    JDJ's 5/3/1 Revamped
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143074093&page=10

"...any statement, whether made by a scientist or not, should be open to logical analysis. Immense prestige and authority does not compensate for faulty logic." John Lennox

http://www.bullseyefitness.net

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    reading that Dave tate article somebody posted on DYEL, and one bit stood out in particular to me about how you should strive to train with those better than you, as you'll never progress to your maximum potential if you have to be the 'big fish in a small pond' - that kind of thing
    Such truth. My DL went up 100 pounds in 9 months when I trained with a pl team (400->500), and it went up 15 pounds the next YEAR when I moved away. Now I have to utilize lifting journals of others for motivation. It helps keeping people in your range/stronger than you around to keep you going (for me it's perp, jd, and andrew when he actually posted!) on the daily and then I follow bombdonald and erick closely to keep me focused on the big future goals.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.

My 5/3/1 log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142349681

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by joelash302 View Post
    Such truth. My DL went up 100 pounds in 9 months when I trained with a pl team (400->500), and it went up 15 pounds the next YEAR when I moved away. Now I have to utilize lifting journals of others for motivation. It helps keeping people in your range/stronger than you around to keep you going (for me it's perp, jd, and andrew when he actually posted!) on the daily and then I follow bombdonald and erick closely to keep me focused on the big future goals.
    links to bombdonalds & ericks? i used to follow erick far more religiously but i dropped off bb.com a little while back and when i returned didn't really return to the same logs. needless to say though i agree that online logs offer a great way of keeping motivation in check. perps especially as there's always great lifting discussion and knowledge to be gained

PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Funny thing is my brother and I are always jelly of each other and we think the other is better. Outside of that, we're like Apollo and Rocky.

Regarding the big fish, small pond: My pond is the world, so I don't think I could ever be the big fish. In the end, my brother does keep me motivated but, ultimately, I lift because I love it. Even if he wasn't there, I'd be driven all the time. He just makes the ride a **** load more enjoyable.

Belyaev is my idol and one of my biggest motivators. Guy is 5'8" and competing in the Titan's Cup versus people who outweigh him by 10-40kg.

Also, some eats update. I like Tex Mex just as much as Mexican, so I liked the idea of making the Cheesy Crunchy Gorditas from Taco Bell. Unfortunately I sometimes have mental lapses, so I made these harder on myself. These were good, though. Too bad hard taco shells have terrible macros on them. BRB 6g of fat for one teeny, tiny hard shell.

I like Chapman's mint cup ice cream. It's pretty good and I eat it almost everyday. I also like waffle cones, so it's a must when I eat ice cream.

Originally Posted by brendbro
    links to bombdonalds & ericks? i used to follow erick far more religiously but i dropped off bb.com a little while back and when i returned didn't really return to the same logs. needless to say though i agree that online logs offer a great way of keeping motivation in check. perps especially as there's always great lifting discussion and knowledge to be gained
    Erick - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...989201&page=51
    Bomb - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127092013
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

subbed to both cheers

as for idols. i'm really not familiar enough with enough world class PLers yet to judge but lamar gant seems pretty incredible

subbed to both cheers

as for idols. i'm really not familiar enough with enough world class PLers yet to judge but lamar gant seems pretty incredible
    If you like Lamar Grant then check out Joe Morrow. His total is 10x his BW and he's an absolute monster.

Thursday - Squat Day

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then... find the way." - Ab Lincoln

Weight: 154

(A) Squat
    135x5
    170x5
    200x3
    250x5
    285x3
    320x4
    320x2
    Back-off set: Pause Squats - 250x2x3
    *A far cry away from 7 but I'll take it. Not much I could do after 4. I picked up a 45lb plate off the rack to put it on for my first weight set and the plate felt heavy in my hands, so I knew I was in for a rough ride. 285 felt like a ****ing tonne. No tears shed and no excuses made. It is what it is. Time to eat more.

(B) Deficit Speed DLs
    245x12x1

(C) Coan Holds
    95x3xmax time

(D) KB Swings
    28kg x 3 x 30 seconds

Friday - Bench Day

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Dune

(A1) Med Power Ball Drop
    10x3x3

(A2) Bench
    85x5
    105x5
    135x3
    160x5
    180x3
    200x5
    *Awwwwhhhh yeahhhh! 200x5! I'm pretty darn happy with that! I remember around April this year I was really struggling to bench 175x5 and now I'm benching 200x5. Benching for reps is a bitch, though. After the 3rd rep, I let out my air and lost tightness and the last two reps became grinders. I have learned to stay tight a lot better, so that's one good benefit.

(B) Weighted Dips
    35x8
    45x6
    45x2x7
    *Pretty easy. I'll up to 55lbs next week and see how that pans out. I'll be shooting for 6 reps. Weight on these have been pretty linear, so I'm glad about that.

(C) Fat-Grip T-Bar Rows
    105x7
    115x2x6

(D) DB Hammer Curls
    35x3x6

Thoughts
    Starting next week, I'll have 8 weeks until my competition, so I have my next 4 weeks planned out. I'll be incorporating a daily undulating periodization type thing (a hypertrophy day and a strength day with power mixed into both) plus I'll finally be integrating singles but they'll be variations on the lifts:
    Squats -> Anderson Squats
    Bench - Dead Bench
    Deadlift -> Sumo Deadlift *Might add chains or bands because I'm terrible off the floor and I want to workout the top portion still

Next week will be low volume, though, and that's to integrate some recovery because I want to go really hard the two weeks after (high volume then very high volume) before doing a Wendler deload. I have a plan written out but it needs to be fine tuned. I'm hoping the next 8 weeks really brings on some rapid strength gains since I'll be incorporating a lot more neural training, which has been absent since I've started this program.

That aside, today was a good day. Much needed after I didn't get the 7 reps I wanted from squats and only managed a measly 5. My brother rubbed it in my face hard that rat bastard haha.

Some Eats. Garlic Shrimp Alfredo:

A Sausage, Egg McMuffin thing:

Last edited by PerpetualMotion; 10-05-2012 at 10:42 AM.

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Solid Squats and Bench, perp...I am jelly!

Your Garlic Shrimp Alfredo looks delish, going to do it tomorrow for sure

btw, Dead Bench is the Bench starting from the botton, right? but what about Anderson Squats ? could not find
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

by 'neural training' are you referring to volume adaptation?

hate that feeling when loading plates and they feel heavy... can completely destroy pre set confidence. nevertheless, bench is skyrocketing!

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on the bench progress. Jelly you have a meet scheduled. Still trying to figure mine out.

What is dead bench?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by vitornoob View Post
    btw, Dead Bench is the Bench starting from the botton, right? but what about Anderson Squats ? could not find
    Anderson squats are basically a dead squat. You set the pins where you're below parallel and squat it out. I did the front squat version of this on Cressey's program. Pretty sure on EliteFTS they call it a dead squat but apparently Paul Anderson invented them hence Anderson Squats.

by 'neural training' are you referring to volume adaptation?
    I'm referring to working with weights higher > or = 90% of my 1RM. I was just calling it that since weights above 85% tend to be more rate coding thus more neuromuscular in nature.

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Congrats on the bench progress. Jelly you have a meet scheduled. Still trying to figure mine out.

What is dead bench?
    Put the pins where your chest is just touching the bar when you set up for your bench then you bench it off the pins. It's basically a pin press but they call it a Dead Bench on EliteFTS.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What would be the benefit of doing that over a paused bench? I've never benched in the power rack? Is it purely a spotter issue?
    PL Log

BTK!

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    What would be the benefit of doing that over a paused bench? I've never benched in the power rack? Is it purely a spotter issue?
    A dead bench ensures that there is absolutely no stretch reflex at all. When you pause bench (depending on the length of the pause), there's still a stretch reflex. That's sometimes why a competition bench (assuming the ref doesn't give you a long pause) is sometimes really close to someone's regular 1RM. That aside, apparently a 3-count pause (Mike Tuchscherer uses this) eliminates the stretch reflex but doing a dead bench means I don't have to count at all.

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Simmons says reflex is gone with a 1 second pause. Just testing this seems to validate the time span as you can easily feel the relax soon after you intiate the pause. 3 seconds may have a mental aspect to it but I'd have trouble believe that staying in a pause that long would have benefit otherwise. If anything I'd be worried about gassing out and having a form fault.

Simmons says reflex is gone with a 1 second pause. Just testing this seems to validate the time span as you can easily feel the relax soon after you intiate the pause. 3 seconds may have a mental aspect to it but I'd have trouble believe that staying in a pause that long would have benefit otherwise. If anything I'd be worried about gassing out and having a form fault.
    This is what Todd Bumgardner says:
    "Remember that the stretch reflex can linger in the myofascia for close to a second, so when you prepare to do the following jumps make sure you're holding in the bottom position for 2-3 seconds."

From the Dead Bench article on EliteFTS:
    "If your goal is to develop overwhelming starting strength in the bench press, can you simply pause the bar for one second on your chest and circumvent the whole stretch shortening cycle? The answer to this question is both yes and no. A recent study by the Physical Education Department at the Josef Pilduski University in Warsaw, Poland, in conjunction with the Biomechanics Department at Somelweis University in Budapest, Hungary, found that a one second pause at the bottom of the bench press movement causes a 55 percent disruption of the benefits derived from stretch-shortening during the bench press. That means that 45 percent of the stored elastic energy is still present after a one second pause. Pausing will help develop starting strength, but it still does not completely bypass the benefits of the stretch reflex."

So, there's some merit to waiting 3 seconds because it'll ensure that there is no stretch reflex at all. Tuchscherer usually does a single or a double with a 2-3ct (I've seen him use both in his logs). I know Nick Tumminello rated 3ct pause bench as one of the best bench assistance exercises. I suspect that this teaches you to stay really tight despite losing the stretch reflex.

Interesante. I like that you research this stuff, frees me up to look into all my other interests and still be up to date.

No lifting today, so I pretty much want to end my life. Real talk, it's Thanksgivings in Canada, so the owner isn't opening the gym. Times like these that I wish I had my own gym. Anyways, here's my plan for the next three weeks. There's not as much specificity but that will happen during the 3 weeks before my meet. I won't be going for more reps this time around, so once I hit either 5, 3 or 1 then that's it. The commas separate the week. So, 2x3 = week 1, low volume.

Deadlift Day
    (A) Deadlift - 5/3/1
    Back-off sets: Sumo Deadlift versus Chains (Singles)
    (B) Front Squats - 2x5, 4x5, 5x5
    (C) KB Swings - I haven't decided if I want to go heavy (10 reps or below) or stick with time (30seconds, where I complete around 15-18 reps each time)
    (D) Suitcase DL - 1x5, 3x5, 3x5

OHP Day
    (A1) OHP - 5/3/1
    (A2) Grenade Inverted Rows - BW+External Weight x 7-8
    (B) Close-Grip Floor Press - 2x8, 3x8, 4x8
    (C1) DB Curls - 2x10, 3x10, 4x10
    (C2) DB Lying Tricep Extensions - 2x10, 3x10, 4x10
    (D) Fat-Bar Wrist Roller - 2 sets, 3 sets, 3 sets

Squat Day
    (A1) Paused Box Jumps - 2x3, 4x3, 5x3
    (A2) Squat - 5/3/1
    Back-off sets: Paul Carter's Pause Squat Cycle
    Anderson Squats (Singles)
    (B) Banded Hyperextensions - 2x8-10, 3x8-10, 5x8-10
    (C) Walking Lunges - 2x6/side, 3x6/side, 3x6/side
    (D1) Landmines - 2x8, 3x8, 3x8
    (D2) Deadlift Hold - 3xMax Time

Bench Day
    (A1) Plyo Push Up w/ Weighted Vest (10% BW) - 2x3, 4x3, 5x3
    (A2) Bench - 5/3/1 -> Dead Bench (1 singles, 2 singles, 3 singles)
    (A3) Grenade Chins - BWxAMRAP [not done on singles]
    (B1) Dips - 2x5, 4x5, 5x5
    (B2) Bat Wings - 2x5, 3x5, 3x5
    (C1) Weighted Plank - 2xMax Time, 3xMax Time, 3xMax Time
    (C2) Thor's Hammer - 3x10

Looks like a lot but it really isn't that much if you look at Wendler's SS template or other templates. Also, the waving volume has a porpoise.

Interesante. I like that you research this stuff, frees me up to look into all my other interests and still be up to date.
    What other interests do you have?
    Last edited by PerpetualMotion; 10-08-2012 at 07:44 PM.

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So... Much... Detail.
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    So... Much... Detail.
    Go extreme analysis and over-complication or go home.

I blame Jason.

Deadlift Day - Working 1RM = 390

"It has never been my object to record my dreams, just the determination to realize them." - Man Ray

(A) Deadlifts
    155x5 *35lb plate deficit
    195x5
    235x3
    255x5
    295x5 *Removed deficit
    330x5 *Added belt
    Back-off sets: Sumo Deadlift vs. Chains - 330+12.5c x 1, 355x25c x 2 x 1
    *After doing sumo deads, I think I want to move to sumos. Next week I'll try the 3s week doing all sumos and see how that turns out. 25c = 25lbs in chains. Felt good man.

(B) Front Squats
    205x2x5
    *These were pretty easy. Easy enough that I did a 4-count (as in 1001, 2001, etc.) pause at the bottom to make it harder.

(C) KB Swings
    48kg x 2 x reps
    *These were throwing me around because the KB is 105.6lbs and I'm a measly 154lbs. Need some practice on these but glutes got a good work out.

(D) KB Suitcase Deadlift
    48kg x 2 x 5
    *Each rep held for 5 seconds at the top. Good night sweet grip and obliques.

Thoughts
    Good workout. The Sumos, I think, were a bit light, so I left some room to add some weight next week. Sumos aren't my strong point (since I'm a conventional DLer) since I'm terrible off the floor but the chains still help the lockout. Felt nice doing some singles finally. DLs for reps = balls.

Not a bad day. I bombed yesterday's squats, still sick but going to do 2 5's weeks in a row.

What other interests do you have?
    Well, I have ADHD with impulse control problems, so "a lot" is pretty accurate. On top of lifting, in the last 3-4 years it's been rock climbing, fishing, camping/hiking/backpacking, snowboarding, bowhunting, shotgun hunting, straight razors, small scale farming (homestead properties), getting more work certifications, looking into my masters/mba, jeep / offroading, day trading, cigars, prosumer level espresso, prosumer level cooking (including cold and hot smoking and various grill types), and now rental property investment for earlier retirement. Getting engaged to a woman with 2 kids has thankfully cut a lot of the parallel researching down, so I only scan forums mostly now and learned to wave the interests back and forth based on the season.

Those are all new interests/ hobbies that I've been interested in and done at least a lot of research on, i didn't do any of those prior to the last 4 years. When I quit my video game addiction (I think I can call it that, 8-9 hours / day) I had some extra free time . Really hoping my new ADHD meds helps lulz.

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not a bad day. I bombed yesterday's squats, still sick but going to do 2 5's weeks in a row.

Well, I have ADHD with impulse control problems, so "a lot" is pretty accurate. On top of lifting, in the last 3-4 years it's been rock climbing, fishing, camping/hiking/backpacking, snowboarding, bowhunting, shotgun hunting, straight razors, small scale farming (homestead properties), getting more work certifications, looking into my masters/mba, jeep / offroading, day trading, cigars, prosumer level espresso, prosumer level cooking (including cold and hot smoking and various grill types), and now rental property investment for earlier retirement. Getting engaged to a woman with 2 kids has thankfully cut a lot of the parallel researching down, so I only scan forums mostly now and learned to wave the interests back and forth based on the season.

Those are all new interests/ hobbies that I've been interested in and done at least a lot of research on, i didn't do any of those prior to the last 4 years. When I quit my video game addiction (I think I can call it that, 8-9 hours / day) I had some extra free time . Really hoping my new ADHD meds helps lulz.
    Straight edge razors hey? Nice. Wouldn't mind venturing into some of that myself sometime.
    I just recently (early this year) got into DE shaving and won't look back.

I also think I have a variation of this lol. Always looking for new things and if something sparks my interests, I look into it more than the average person (whom I observe around me anyway).

--
    Perp, @ 154 - those KB swings are impressive mate!! lol

Get shorter legs?

That is a lot of interests! Man, I need some physical hobbies but everyone I know is lazy as ****.

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    The technique is pretty ****ty on them haha but I love them because it's one of the few exercises that really hammers my glutes. I still have a hard time getting them going on glute bridges and the like.

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    Straight edge razors hey? Nice. Wouldn't mind venturing into some of that myself sometime.
    I just recently (early this year) got into DE shaving and won't look back.

I also think I have a variation of this lol. Always looking for new things and if something sparks my interests, I look into it more than the average person (whom I observe around me anyway).
    Straights are awesome but take some maintenance. I'd say a ~$250 investment up front for the blade, brush, strop, good cream, bowl, and a barber's hone or some pasted strops (for upkeep). Since that purchase, I've put $40 into shaving in 2 years of "necessary" gear (I got some free stuff and a 12k hone, and then I bought a DE and some blades for travel and time saver). Good investment value if you can burn 20 minutes for shaving every other day.

That is a lot of interests! Man, I need some physical hobbies but everyone I know is lazy as ****.
    Yea it's a little overwhelming, wife isn't a huge fan but she understands that it's just how I roll. You need to find some more friends! Or just get the GF involved in all that stuff, then it really helps the relationship and gives you more excuses to get out and do stuff.

Wednesday - OHP Day

"Excuses are merely nails used to build a house of failure." - Habeeb Akande

(A1) OHP
    55x5
    70x5
    85x3
    90x5
    105x5
    120x5
    *Just got 5. I think I smell the end for my OHP.

(A2) Fat-Bar, Supinated-Grip Inverted Row
    BWx10
    12.5c x 10, 8, 7, 8, 10

(B1) Close-Grip Floor Press
    145x2x8
    *Good night, sweet pecs. These were a lot harder than I expected. It's been a long time since I've done floor presses and taking out my legs made it a lot harder. My pecs were working overtime on these. I had 1-2 reps left in the tank, though, so I could add more weight next week with the extra sets.

(B2) Prone Trap Raise with Scapular Retraction
    8x2x10

(C1) DB Curls
    22.5x12
    27.5x10

(C2) DB Lying Tricep Extensions
    22.5x2x10

(D1) Wrist Roller
    12.5x2x3
    *Moved down to a regular roller instead of a fat one to mix it up. Forearms felt like they were going to explode out of my skin. Forearm training = the bomb diggity.

(D2) Landmines
    10x2x10

Thoughts
    Timed workout to see how long a "low volume" day took me and it only took 40 minutes. Almost half of that was on the OHP alone since there are so many sets and I take my longest break before my last set. Great workout, though. For a second, I feared I was doing too much but after the bench it's all really low impact fluff work. Pretty stoked for squats tomorrow. Finally get to do some singles and Anderson Squats are pretty awesome. I did one with my brother on DL day but I can't remember how much it was. I'll have to ask him so I don't waste any singles trying to find the sweet spot.

Some recent eats.

Thomas Keller's Roast Chicken with Roasted Root Vegetables:

Thanksgivings plate:

Nutella-stuffed, brown butter, salted cookies:

Yea it's a little overwhelming, wife isn't a huge fan but she understands that it's just how I roll. You need to find some more friends! Or just get the GF involved in all that stuff, then it really helps the relationship and gives you more excuses to get out and do stuff.
    I've tried but she's lazy haha. Our biggest hobby is Scrabble.

Fuk those cookies look good
    PL Log

BTK!