VeranumCee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Bizzy Diet 21-Day Fitness Plan Question

Hey guys, new here to the site. Currently. I am 5'10" and about 240 pounds, mostly fat I would say, especially in thighs and chest, and of course belly. I looked in the mirror and saw that it was time for a change. So I came to this site and saw the bizzy diet and checked it out. I saw the diet plan and I knew that it was dumb and I was not going to eat ~1500 calories a day and replace my meals with supps so I am not incorporating their diet.

So I guess my question is how effective will this diet be for me? How many calories should I be eating a day? Where should I be getting most of these calories from? And also, I used to go to the gym, but nothing more than like 2 weeks and just stop. Time to change that as well and ready to change my life.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't touch that thing mate, it's just silly.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that goes in your pie hole.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why this program? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that goes in your pie hole.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why this program? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.
    I like this list.

Thanks sir. Will most definitely start the SS program today actually. Do you suggest I do any cardio? And also, at my school gym, there is no bench press, but we have a smith machine and dumbbells. That ok?
    Last edited by VeranumCee; 11-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VeranumCee View Post
    Thanks sir. Will most definitely start the SS program today actually. Do you suggest I do any cardio? And also, at my school gym, there is no bench press, but we have a smith machine and barbells. That ok?
    I think cardio is fantastic. It's not necessary, but it helps. Just don't let it interfere with lifting.

Machines are OK, especially to get started. But if you have barbellls, you must have a bench?

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    I think cardio is fantastic. It's not necessary, but it helps. Just don't let it interfere with lifting.

Machines are OK, especially to get started. But if you have barbellls, you must have a bench?
    Im sorry, I meant dumbbells, not barbells. I plan on going to the paid gym in a month or 2 and that has everything.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VeranumCee View Post
    Im sorry, I meant dumbbells, not barbells. I plan on going to the paid gym in a month or 2 and that has everything.
    That's great!

Use the dumbbells for now and substitute a Barbell bench press with a dumbbell bench press.

Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    That's great!

Use the dumbbells for now and substitute a Barbell bench press with a dumbbell bench press.
    Thanks for the info and help!