Registered User randomsuperdude's Avatar
    randomsuperdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randomsuperdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randomsuperdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randomsuperdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Learning MMA while bodybuilding bad idea?

If I learning mixed martial arts while body-building,will it hinder my progress in building muscle? I know doing cardio will hinder muscle growth.

Should I build muscle first then do MMA Training?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Only reason cardio hinders muscle growth is if you aren't eating enough or you run marathons all the time.

Do both and eat a ton.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by randomsuperdude View Post
    If I learning mixed martial arts while body-building,will it hinder my progress in building muscle? I know doing cardio will hinder muscle growth.

No. Just compensate for the extra cardio/sparring by eating more. I personally dont believe in lifting/running/fighting exclusively. why not do it all? id rather be big, lean, strong, flexible, and able to kick someones head cleanly off their shoulders. People that train like this are unstoppable and have a "better" more physically built body than a "bodybuilder", "powerlifter", "fighter", you wont be just one dimensional. do it all man and profit! Just eat alot of clean healthy foods and get all of your rest, lots of nap and snack time and youll continue grow.

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would assume that if you are going to be doing serious MMA training you have some kind of background in a combat sport and should at least have some kind of idea of what your body can handle as far as supplementary training goes. Also, it seems kind of silly to want to put on a ton of mass for a sport that requires a lot of weight cutting, unless you are drastically underweight as it is.

Either way I think you are probably just a white trash little punk that thinks they can throw down with BJ Penn simply because they won a few fist fights back in high school.

mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by randomsuperdude View Post

i do both. just eat more.

inb4 trettin says eat more.
    GSF

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    The only way I could see MMA training hindering bodybuilding is if you get your biceps torn off in an arm bar or something similar.

Of course, it's got a lot of ballistic stuff so you should try to avoid injuries and over-stretching while cold (some people still do that static stuff as a warmup for some reason, not a good idea for dangerous sparring).

Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't see MMA hindering BB but I do see BB hindering MMA. More power i guess but your going to be slower. I use to do muay thai unless I couldn't afford it anymore, when I landed a hit it was good however those small squirly bastards are fast