Page 66 of 171 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 5128
    nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TrailRated6 View Post
    DTKefta, welcome. Some things I can recommend to you from personal experience.. Read all you can about the diet aspect of this and treat it like your lifting - it's that important. Is the 5x5 program you speak of Stronglifts? If so, that's definately a good one. It's a lot of volume, but in my opinion you get a lot of practice with form in the beginning.* Today I took a giant leap in my training.. I started a FitDay account and got about 3/4 of the foods I eat on a regular basis logged into there so far. My goal is to get a gallon of whole milk to fit into my macros. Haha.* When I first started lifting, I swore off squats, deadlifts, and bench presses, and now, they are all I want to do! Knowledge is key.
    If I drank a whole gallon of milk in 1 day I would spend 3/4 of the next day on the ****ter.

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TrailRated6 View Post
    DTKefta, welcome. Some things I can recommend to you from personal experience.. Read all you can about the diet aspect of this and treat it like your lifting - it's that important. Is the 5x5 program you speak of Stronglifts? If so, that's definately a good one. It's a lot of volume, but in my opinion you get a lot of practice with form in the beginning.*

Today I took a giant leap in my training.. I started a FitDay account and got about 3/4 of the foods I eat on a regular basis logged into there so far. My goal is to get a gallon of whole milk to fit into my macros. Haha.*

When I first started lifting, I swore off squats, deadlifts, and bench presses, and now, they are all I want to do! Knowledge is key.
    You should probably switch that gallon of milk with a gallon of water a day. What is the reasoning behind drinking a gallon of milk a day? And yes, the compound lifts are the best to gain quick mass and lay your foundation. After you master the compounds, muscles will respond to isolation exercises much better.*
    STRENGTH. POWER. FITNESS.
    EAT BIG, LIFT BIG, GET BIG!
    TRANSFORMING MY BODY ONE DAY AT A TIME::

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightmare69 View Post
    If I drank a whole gallon of milk in 1 day I would spend 3/4 of the next day on the ****ter.
    If I drank a gallon of milk every day....I'd be a fat ass.

Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by caustin1986 View Post
    You should probably switch that gallon of milk with a gallon of water a day. What is the reasoning behind drinking a gallon of milk a day? And yes, the compound lifts are the best to gain quick mass and lay your foundation. After you master the compounds, muscles will respond to isolation exercises much better.*
    Obviously he is doing GOMAD.*http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-sq...n-gain-weight/

Originally Posted by Thisisskinny View Post
    That's insane lol. IMO water is MUCH more important than milk.

TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrailRated6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Haha, I have been doing it for 2 months with minimal fat gain. And I also do drink a gallon of water a day at work to stay cool. *I am sticking with milk for as long as I can.. I will eventually switch down to something other than whole milk. As we speak I am drinking my milk.*

Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eriatarka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GOMAD is not terrible, but I think you should adapt slowly to a better diet. I myself use milk as a help to get my calories up, but I'm tryng to progressivly let go of it. The reason is, we skinnies can't afford to "diet". We have to make a change in our eating habbits. The problem with dieting with GOMAD is that when you are off the high intake of milk, if you dont have the nutricional solid foundation you'll probably end up where you started. If you keep going with gomad, over time, you'll end up getting fat. Doubt there is a way around it, even for us ectos.

Either way, I'd rather get most of my nutrients and macros thru solid whole foods. Like you said, then I won't have to adjust to actually eating a lot. Different things work for different people though. Personally, I'm seeing good results from my diet, and I'm going on a cut starting Sunday. And yes, you are right, you WILL have more fat using the GOMAD method, I don't care what they say on their site. Not saying this isn't a decent method for some people, it's just not for me. Good luck with the goals fellow skinnies! (On to chapter 3-5 of The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding)

Bleh going on a cut starting today. I hate cardio! Oh well, did a 20 min. cardio session, then blasted my abs. I can't wait to see my abs all defined! All I'm going to do is cut out as many carbs as possible, after my post workout meal. I generally workout mid-day so the first half of my day will have rice and pasta and after I workout, my post workout meal will have carbs, but after that, just plain protein sources and things like spinach. I'll see how my body responds to this and adjust as necessary.*

kkrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK so I had a go at some basic exercise today for the first time in probably a year! All I did was like 1 set of a some basic things like pushups, bicep curls, dumbell chest press etc.. My appetite is on the up aswell.

Felt good and my motivation is getting there, gonna try my first proper workout on friday.

As a question, you know when you guys train afterwards do you feel like crap, because I know if I do a proper workout it takes everything out of me to the point where I can't even be assed to eat properly.

kkrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    By the way I only have some dumbbells to play with atm, I want to join a gym eventually but can't see me doing this till early nxt year.

My workouts to begin with are going to consist of the following sorts of exercises:

- Bicep Curls, Concentration Curls, Hammer Cruls
    - Dumbbell Chest Press,
    - Dumbbell Lunges
    - Dumbbell Squats
    - Seated Shoulder Press
    - Crunches
    - Tricep Dips
    - Dumbbell one-arm rows

Probably do 2 sets and will be high reps.

I am literally a total noob at this and it is all from looking around on the internet so I am open to any other exercises/advice. Man it feels embarassing with my weight and there are other people in this thread at like 160pounds :O

Originally Posted by kkrx View Post
    By the way I only have some dumbbells to play with atm, I want to join a gym eventually but can't see me doing this till early nxt year.

My workouts to begin with are going to consist of the following sorts of exercises:

- Bicep Curls, Concentration Curls, Hammer Cruls
    - Dumbbell Chest Press,
    - Dumbbell Lunges
    - Dumbbell Squats
    - Seated Shoulder Press
    - Crunches
    - Tricep Dips
    - Dumbbell one-arm rows

Probably do 2 sets and will be high reps.

I am literally a total noob at this and it is all from looking around on the internet so I am open to any other exercises/advice. Man it feels embarassing with my weight and there are other people in this thread at like 160pounds :O
    Skim through this thread and check out some of our workout splits. The biggest thing is your DIET though. EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT!!!! Hitting the weights is simply not enough to grow, you MUST have the proper diet in order to see results.*

Originally Posted by kkrx View Post
    OK so I had a go at some basic exercise today for the first time in probably a year! All I did was like 1 set of a some basic things like pushups, bicep curls, dumbell chest press etc.. My appetite is on the up aswell.

Felt good and my motivation is getting there, gonna try my first proper workout on friday.

As a question, you know when you guys train afterwards do you feel like crap, because I know if I do a proper workout it takes everything out of me to the point where I can't even be assed to eat properly.
    I feel extremely depleted and weak and nauseas after workouts. That's what you have to do though, is leave it all in the gym. Make sure to get a protein shake down and some fast digesting carbs IMMEDIATELY after your workout, then you'll feel better within minutes. My current workout split is like this:

Sunday: Legs, abs.
    Monday: Chest, Triceps.
    Tuesday: Rest Day
    Wednesday: Back, Biceps.
    Thursday: Shoulders, Calves, abs.*
    Friday: Rest Day
    Saturday: Rest Day

I do 20 mins. of cardio twice a day, Sunday thru Thursday.*

jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000)
    I gained 20lbs and I feel like I look exactly the same..

Originally Posted by jantelo View Post
    I gained 20lbs and I feel like I look exactly the same..

What do your progress pics look like? I doubt they look the same *

jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000)
    What do your progress pics look like? I doubt they look the same *
    Don't got any

My lifts have gone up like crazy though

Originally Posted by jantelo View Post
    Don't got any

My lifts have gone up like crazy though
    If you're making strength gains then you're growing. Start taking progress pics like once a month and you'll see the changes. Also, if you have even a thin layer of fat over your muscle you won't notice anything for a long time.

UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500) UngeneticAzn is not very helpful. (-500)
    Ecto brah checking in. Doing Starting Strength right now, started last Tuesday and planning on going into Madcows after. GL everyone!

markymouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Help guys!!! I'm trying to gain weight. I've been taking mass gainer and ive been eating as much as i can. I've also been doing weights 3 times a week and 20 min cardio per week. There's some progress of me gaining weight and gaining muscle.. my only problem is that.. my tummy is getting bigger and bigger -.- wt shud i do?? I've been reading articles saying that i shud do less cardio as Im trying to gain weight..I've tried doin p90x ab ripper but i jst duno if that wud cut it down?? help guys.. =)))

Originally Posted by markymouse View Post
    Help guys!!! I'm trying to gain weight. I've been taking mass gainer and ive been eating as much as i can. I've also been doing weights 3 times a week and 20 min cardio per week. There's some progress of me gaining weight and gaining muscle.. my only problem is that.. my tummy is getting bigger and bigger -.- wt shud i do?? I've been reading articles saying that i shud do less cardio as Im trying to gain weight..I've tried doin p90x ab ripper but i jst duno if that wud cut it down?? help guys.. =)))
    A lot of people are afraid of cardio because they don't know the truth. Do cardio 20 mins 5 days a week 2 times a day. Only do moderate to light cardio though. (walk briskly for 20 mins, light treadmill jog, stair stepper, etc.) Doing cardio will keep your metabolism firing and help your body utilize the nutrients you put into yourself. Think about it this way...When you do cardio you are making your heart pump more blood than usual through your entire system, muscles included. If you are feeding your body properly you will constantly have nutrients like protein, carbs, fats, etc running thru your blood. Get the point? As far as the metabolism, this will allow you to keep eating as much as you should and get used to absorbing the maximum amount of nutrients possible. Cardio IS a good thing, even for us ecto's. I do 20 mins twice a day and my gains have actually increased, all while my gut decreasing. A lot of the fat that is being stored in your abdominal area is stored fat that your body is waiting to use for energy. With the way we need to eat, we will never need to use this stored fat, even in an intense weight lifting workout. This is where the cardio comes in...Do the cardio, use up/burn the extra, stored fat you are putting on. Don't do too much cardio though, as you will start taking fat from other areas, and start using up a lot of your carbs. You don't want to waste a lot of your carb nutrients on energy for cardio since they are VERY important for restoring glycogen to your muscles and essential for muscle growth and recovery. Hope this helps!

nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I need to start doing cardio to get rid of this gut I got from bulking. Ill start doing 10-15mins after workouts 4 times a week and see where that gets me.

markymouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A lot of people are afraid of cardio because they don't know the truth. Do cardio 20 mins 5 days a week 2 times a day. Only do moderate to light cardio though. (walk briskly for 20 mins, light treadmill jog, stair stepper, etc.) Doing cardio will keep your metabolism firing and help your body utilize the nutrients you put into yourself. Think about it this way...When you do cardio you are making your heart pump more blood than usual through your entire system, muscles included. If you are feeding your body properly you will constantly have nutrients like protein, carbs, fats, etc running thru your blood. Get the point? As far as the metabolism, this will allow you to keep eating as much as you should and get used to absorbing the maximum amount of nutrients possible. Cardio IS a good thing, even for us ecto's. I do 20 mins twice a day and my gains have actually increased, all while my gut decreasing. A lot of the fat that is being stored in your abdominal area is stored fat that your body is waiting to use for energy. With the way we need to eat, we will never need to use this stored fat, even in an intense weight lifting workout. This is where the cardio comes in...Do the cardio, use up/burn the extra, stored fat you are putting on. Don't do too much cardio though, as you will start taking fat from other areas, and start using up a lot of your carbs. You don't want to waste a lot of your carb nutrients on energy for cardio since they are VERY important for restoring glycogen to your muscles and essential for muscle growth and recovery. Hope this helps!
    thanks for the tip bro! =)

Originally Posted by markymouse View Post
    thanks for the tip bro! =)
    No problem.

5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if this scale is correct, I gained 2.5 lbs since last month. yey

Originally Posted by 5to9 View Post
    Hell yeah! Just keep it up and maybe eat a little more if you aren't satisfied with your gain. Are you looking to do a lean bulk with minimal fat gains? If so, 2.5 lbs a month is about what you can expect. It'll be worth it though when you dont have to do a cut!

5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5to9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hell yeah! Just keep it up and maybe eat a little more if you aren't satisfied with your gain. Are you looking to do a lean bulk with minimal fat gains? If so, 2.5 lbs a month is about what you can expect. It'll be worth it though when you dont have to do a cut!
    Yeah I'm pretty much just doing a cut...eating roughly the same amount, but a lot cleaner with fewer cheats (tacos ), and sliced carbs (excluding veggies) and sugar and increased protein. Also I'm alternating between heavy and volume days and doing 15-30 mins of cardio per session.

thanks for the support!

nuketurnal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 5to9 View Post
    good job mate. how much is your calorie surplus? what's your macro ratio?

Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Checking in for first time in a while, diet has been pretty consistant, need to up my calories again to gain more weight. Checking in at 210 now. Original weight, 176
    NCSF Certified Personal Trainer
    Kettlebell, Pre-Post Natal, ViPR, Loaded Movement,
    Trigger Point, Boxing, Animal Flow and Progressive Bodyweight Training Certified.

Originally Posted by nuketurnal View Post
    good job mate. how much is your calorie surplus? what's your macro ratio?
    My macro ratio is probably ~40-45% protein, 30-35% carbs, rest fat. Not sure how much my calorie surplus is - I don't keep track of it, I think more in big picture terms..typical day would consist of:
    Breakfast: few slices of melba toast with peanut butter or granola bar, coffee with cream (no sugar)
    Mid morning: A few pieces of fruit, protein shake Lunch: chicken breast, vegetables (or subway when eating out)
    Mid afternoon: cottage cheese, piece of fruit
    Preworkout: 2 pieces of melba toast with peanut butter
    Supper: chicken/fish, vegetables, 2 hardboiled eggs, fresh fruit milk shake

Originally Posted by Whyyousoskinny View Post
    Checking in for first time in a while, diet has been pretty consistant, need to up my calories again to gain more weight. Checking in at 210 now. Original weight, 176
    That's great! Damn keep doing what you're doing and nothing can stop you!*