bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Atg or Parallel Squat?

Do you guys squat ATG (ass to grass) or till your quads are parallel to the ground? I injured my shin squatting ATG and need your pros and cons on squatting atg or parallel?

KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ATG, its better on your body. How did you injure your shin squatting? sounds like bad form to me.

bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bicbanwait has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by KidcanDL View Post
    ATG, its better on your body. How did you injure your shin squatting? sounds like bad form to me.
    pretty sure I injured it squatting, my from seems pretty decent to me, feet flat on ground, always looking forward, shoulder width stance, maybe i went too heavy without a spot or maybe when i was at ATG i bounced upwards quite possibly injuring my shin.

KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Without seeing you lift I cant tell you whats wrong, watch these.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF9QD7oCIA

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6cgnxY8ld4

viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont even know how its possble to injure your shin squatting unless you're doing zerchers on your knees with 4x bw

Its still part of your leg, anythings possible lol.

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what kind of shin injury was it?
    i'm hungry

Originally Posted by unity View Post
    what kind of shin injury was it?
    a sharp pain whenever i squat didnt get it checked prolly a tear or pull feels better now just been rubbing a pain reliever on it daily.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bicbanwait View Post
    Do you guys squat ATG (ass to grass) or till your quads are parallel to the ground? I injured my shin squatting ATG and need your pros and cons on squatting atg or parallel?
    I back squat to or below parallel, which is defined as the crease of the hip at the top of the patella.

I usually front squat ATG

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    All hype and tough guy posts aside, only squat as deep as your flexibility allows. If that's parallel, then fine (assuming it's truly parallel). If you want to go deeper, work on flexibility first, or you could injure your back.

As for the shins, perhaps you were overbalanced forward or possibly overstretched somehow - in any event it may not be related to your squat depth as much as your overall form.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both, but usually ATG. I also enjoy parallel squatting with a close stance, heels almost together.

npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000) npaoun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    All hype and tough guy posts aside, only squat as deep as your flexibility allows. If that's parallel, then fine (assuming it's truly parallel). If you want to go deeper, work on flexibility first, or you could injure your back.

As for the shins, perhaps you were overbalanced forward or possibly overstretched somehow - in any event it may not be related to your squat depth as much as your overall form.
    This here. If you are too inflexible, the lower back will round when you go deep for ATG. The heavier the weight gets the more likely you would be to injury your lower back.

camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) camaro93zzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I try to go as deep as possible. I def go deeper than parallel, but maybe some might not consider it ATG. Going as deep as you can go, I def found that it helps on my initiall pull off the ground for deadlift. Because I trained my squat that deep.

yeah i remember overbalancing on my 5th set like 4th rep almost fell forward that explains the sharp pain in my shin thanks brah

repped for solid info.

Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ATG is all I do baby.

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up 2011 Hardcore Award

Originally Posted by Demagogue28 View Post
    ATG is all I do baby.
    Congrats!

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All hype and tough guy posts aside
    Not yet brah.

I keep some wet wipes in my gym bag for two reasons, the first is for the diarrhea I get from GOMAD, and the second is to wipe poop stains off the floor after I finish squatting.

No poop stains = high squat.