Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    patrickgear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question on non PWO meals and macros

I've been on leangains for about 2 months. So far very pleased with the results but I want to try and dial in my macros.

I was wondering what meals you eat in the 8 hour window that aren't PW? What meals do you eat on your off days? And what type of macros (carbs, protein) are your non-PWO meals and off day meals?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by defixon View Post
    It's honestly pretty simple. It might sound confusing because there's so much damn information on the website, but all you need to do is focus on the 16 hour fast.

If you maintain that 16 hour fast, all you can basically do is eat within those 8 hours. Now use your basic meal timing knowledge to create your schedule.

We all know the PWO meal is the most important on lifting days, so eat as you normally would after your workout. If you decide to train fasted, take your BCAA's or at least have a protein shake beforehand. A lot of the times, my breakfast is my PWO meal, so I just eat my ass off.

If you want to have your first meal at a normal lunch time (around 12pm), then just make sure your last meal is somewhere around 8pm the night before.

defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by patrickgear View Post
    I've been on leangains for about 2 months. So far very pleased with the results but I want to try and dial in my macros.

I was wondering what meals you eat in the 8 hour window that aren't PW? What meals do you eat on your off days? And what type of macros (carbs, protein) are your non-PWO meals and off day meals?

Thanks!
    Honestly, nothing out of the ordinary. I lower my carbs on non-lift days and that's about it. A typical day will be something like this.

4PM: 7eggs, some ham, Cottage cheese, and a packet or two of oatmeal
    8PM(Post workout): 50 Gram Protein shake (mix agave nectar in it for a low GI sugar), some chicken/fish/steak, rice/couscous/Quinoa (sh*t is a superfood), and a random veggy.
    12AM: cottage cheese, fruit, tuna mixed into veggies (and whatever else to snack on).
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

--------------------------------------------------

www.********.com/dalbzfitness
    www.dalbzfitness.com

STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used Martin Berkhan's Leangains (www.leangains.com) method in order to slowly bulk up while virtually adding no fat to my body.

These two pictures are from July 2010 - Jan 2011. I was only in a caloric surplus from Sept-end of December. The rest of the time I was still in a deficit with intent to lose more bodyfat.

Same mirror, same lighting (pretty much).

July '10

Jan '11

How many calories for your surplus?

And for your deficit? Nice transformation.

WheyMore2Gain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    where does milk fit into this?

ezkzak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I'd like the info on your workout routine too if you don't mind.

defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ezkzak View Post
    I'd like the info on your workout routine too if you don't mind.
    Its on page 2.

Heres my schedule:

Monday: Upper Body
    Tuesday: Abs and Cardio
    Wednesday : Upper body
    Thursday: Lower body (I hit them hard, and usually refeed on this day)
    Friday: Abs and cardio
    Saturday; Upper body
    Sunday: Cardio

I don't follow this to a T, since I just do my upper body pretty much every other day.. but that's typically my week goes.
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBates is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looking great (no homo). Clean bulking is the way to go!
    Engineer, MBA

Repping engineers on sight.

Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by STPinPA View Post
    How many calories for your surplus?

And for your deficit? Nice transformation.
    Id like to know the answer to this question aswell. If you want to, could you give details on the macronutritions %? Like

Working out day: 3000kcals and for each meal, protain 35%/carbs 55%/fats 10%

meal 1 - 750 kcals
    meal 2 - 1250 kcals
    meal 3 - 1000 kcals

Non working out day: 2000 kcals

meal 1
    meal 2
    meal 3

And also, how much protain per lb do you prefer when cutting/bulking on working out days/non working out days? Thanks in advance.

In any case, great transformation.
    Last edited by Guizmo0; 01-23-2011 at 07:17 AM.

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Been IF'ing for almost exactly one year now (one year in 6 days).

Absolutely freaking love it. In fact I've modified it a bit for 18-20 hour fasts since its more natural. Will easily live this way forever. Strong progress. You're entire upper body blew up, especially those beast arms.

Leg pics?

Also no homo but x3, become a model , make bank. infinite poon.

Send your progress pics to berkhan, i can give you his email if you want. He may put you up on his website ( then show to potential bosses = get hired as model)

matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt_kw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Coals- would you mind sending me Martin's email? Want to get in contact with him with a few questions... You can PM me if you don't want to post it publicly. Thanks man. Congrats on your achievements, too, man -- looking awesome!

Originally Posted by coals View Post

Absolutely freaking love it. In fact I've modified it a bit for 18-20 hour fasts since its more natural. Will easily live this way forever. Strong progress. You're entire upper body blew up, especially those beast arms.

Leg pics?

Send your progress pics to berkhan, i can give you his email if you want. He may put you up on his website ( then show to potential bosses = get hired as model)
    Goal to add lean muscle and drop bf% - get it done!

runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runningback666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great progress! keep it up man! hard work will always pay off in the end, very well done!
    "Pain is temporary, Pride is forever"
    "Nothing Worth having EVER comes easy"
    Its never to late to become what you have always wanted.
    Everything you do, every single decision? you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further away from your goal.

Cutting for the my first show, Dayton Tri-State Natural Bodybuilding Championship

strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500)
    u took roids right? dont most people on this site? :/

Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo_seraph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do an upper body/lower body split. I hit my full upper body about 3 times a week or so, and i hit my lower body (legs) once a week. For my upper body I focus on the main compound lifts with some isolation exercises as well. Example:

Chest:
    Incline DB Press
    Decline Press
    Incline flies

Back:
    Various grip pull-ups/Chins
    deadlifts
    Bent over rows

Shoulders:
    Shoulder press/Military press
    side delt raises with cable
    shrugs

Triceps:
    Dips
    Skullcrushers supersetted with close grip bench
    Tricep pushdowns

Biceps:
    Various grip curls
    Hammer curls
    Chin ups

I do all these in one day, but in keep in mind I only do about 2-3 sets per exercise. The whole workout takes me a little over an hour. And I switch up some exercises here n there as well as the order.

For legs I just do the normal ****:

ATG squats
    Leg press
    Leg extensions
    Seated calf raises
    standing calf raises
    Ok great, i think i'll try it this way!

How'd you go about cramming all the macros into 3 meals? like does it really matter how much carbs or protein, etc is in one meal? I can do it no problem, just curious

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by matt_kw View Post
    Coals- would you mind sending me Martin's email? Want to get in contact with him with a few questions... You can PM me if you don't want to post it publicly. Thanks man. Congrats on your achievements, too, man -- looking awesome!
    Everything you need to know is on www.leangains.com, and I'm pretty sure he won't personally build you a diet unless you're taking him as a consultant for hard cash. Even then, I think he doesn't take any new clients atm.

(but it's a pretty simple approach anyway, and you can piece together everything yourself, and if any questions arise: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3587831 we're glad to help you out)

Originally Posted by coals View Post

Leg pics?

I feel the same way man! I could never see myself going back to a "regular" diet. I'll get some leg pics for ya guys, they're nothing special but I do work them pretty hard.

Shoot me a PM with his email, I'll send him the results once I'm done with my cut since he's all about being shredded . I'm going to get some professional photos done after my cut as well, so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice bud!

Originally Posted by runningback666 View Post
    Great progress! keep it up man! hard work will always pay off in the end, very well done!
    For sure! Thanks, brah!

Originally Posted by ajaygraci View Post
    u took roids right? dont most people on this site? :/
    notsureifsrs. natural, of course.
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

Originally Posted by Guizmo0 View Post
    Id like to know the answer to this question aswell. If you want to, could you give details on the macronutritions %? Like

Working out day: 3000kcals and for each meal, protain 35%/carbs 55%/fats 10%

meal 1 - 750 kcals
    meal 2 - 1250 kcals
    meal 3 - 1000 kcals

Non working out day: 2000 kcals

meal 1
    meal 2
    meal 3

And also, how much protain per lb do you prefer when cutting/bulking on working out days/non working out days? Thanks in advance.

In any case, great transformation.
    I'm really not one to count calories, that's kind of why I switched to LeanGains. I don't really want to obsess over my diet and macro's. I personally do not think it's important for progress, just have an estimate and that's usually good enough. When bulking or eating a surplus on lift days, I just pack food down...I would be very surprised if I wasn't in a surplus..so I don't really worry about it.

When in a cut, I eat the same exact foods I would eat in a bulk, but I just lower my carbs a good amount. I assume if I drop around 200 grams of carbs (going from 350 to 150grams) a day in my diet, that's like 4000 calories in a week...and so far these basic guesstimates have worked just fine.

The day I start plateauing on my stregnth and/or fat loss is the day I will start counting calories and macros.
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500)
    no i was serious. natty then thats great. at first i thought everyone was natty.. then discovered how many people take roids and now never sure. grats on the gains the real way

MMAKidChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Martin already knows about your cut. He tweeted about you twitter lol
    Current cut : 203lb 16% to 170lb 7-9%
    W/ Intermittent Fasting
    LeanGains.com

eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great job man! Lookin bigger and leaner! You look great!
    Always Penn State Proud!

"A well built physique is a status symbol. It reflects you worked hard for it, no money can buy it. You cannot borrow it, you cannot inherit it, you cannot steal it. You cannot hold onto it without constant work. It shows discipline, it shows self respect, it shows patience, work ethic and passion. That is why I do what I do."
    ― Arnold Schwarzenegger

19" Arm Crew

Chasing that natty pro card!

Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Guizmo0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm really not one to count calories, that's kind of why I switched to LeanGains. I don't really want to obsess over my diet and macro's. I personally do not think it's important for progress, just have an estimate and that's usually good enough. When bulking or eating a surplus on lift days, I just pack food down...I would be very surprised if I wasn't in a surplus..so I don't really worry about it.

When in a cut, I eat the same exact foods I would eat in a bulk, but I just lower my carbs a good amount. I assume if I drop around 200 grams of carbs (going from 350 to 150grams) a day in my diet, that's like 4000 calories in a week...and so far these basic guesstimates have worked just fine.

The day I start plateauing on my stregnth and/or fat loss is the day I will start counting calories and macros.
    Thanks man, that helps alot . Peace

Originally Posted by MMAKidChris View Post
    Martin already knows about your cut. He tweeted about you twitter lol
    That's awesome...just checked it out. Thanks!
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50) poltaction will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice looking physique brah

Definatly looked pumped in the second one though?

MMAKidChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, nothing out of the ordinary. I lower my carbs on non-lift days and that's about it. A typical day will be something like this.

4PM: 7eggs, some ham, Cottage cheese, and a packet or two of oatmeal
    8PM(Post workout): 50 Gram Protein shake (mix agave nectar in it for a low GI sugar), some chicken/fish/steak, rice/couscous/Quinoa (sh*t is a superfood), and a random veggy.
    12AM: cottage cheese, fruit, tuna mixed into veggies (and whatever else to snack on).
    So what do you use as your carb sources during your cut?

Quinoa
    Fruits
    Oatmeal

And you stay around 150g of carbs?
    Current cut : 203lb 16% to 170lb 7-9%
    W/ Intermittent Fasting
    LeanGains.com

NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NovakDjokovic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, now that is amazing. Great job.

Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fuark, Ideal physique imo. What are your measurements(chest, arms, thighs) and weight btw?

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did you use any supplements ?
    drinu

Jearly76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    solid job man. that's some nice progress while staying lean.

ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    P.s. Do not ever quit bodybuilding, you will regret it so much. If I had stuck with it from 2006 until now, who knows where I would be. I try not to think about it because I can't change my decisions, but I have definitely learned from it. When feeling unmotivated, just look into the future and picture yourself with an incredible physique. Time moves fast, and you'll be exceeding your goals before you know it!
    Yeah, I did something a little similar and I try not to harp on it, but sometimes I get frustrated thinking about how much farther along I could be.

Great progress though. Keep it up.

CyaNite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyaNite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great physique man awesome results. i was most impressed with your forearms to be honest you do anything special with them.

Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ironbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in for later

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast