Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000)

Reverse Hyper in a power rack

I build a lot of equipment for a few guys that live fairly close to me and about two weeks ago this guy brings me a power rack to modify to fit in his basement. He asked if while I had the rack if I could build him a reverse hyper attachment that would fit in the rack and fold up when not in use. I thought it was a great idea and although I've seen a few home made ones, I thought I'd see what I could do. It's designed to adjust for different width racks and can also be adjusted for different sized safety pins as well. After you get the adjustment for your particular rack set, you just turn the bottom bolts (not pictured) under the frame to tighten everything up so it won't slide around. Also, you tighten the bolts to secure it to the safety pins and that's pretty much it. The main reason this guy wanted it built is because he has a very small workout area and although I've built him a regular reverse hyper, he wanted to sell it to make room for other things. LOL One other neat thing about using a rack is that you can change the angle by moving the safety pins in rack itself. We found that his rack safety pins would allow us 2 different angle adjustments by simply moving them at an angle in the rack and then attaching the frame of the reverse hyper to it. Anyway, here's a few pics of it in the rack. It was a little wobbly with the unfinished rack but I'll try anything once. haha If you're wondering why I didn't post this in the equipment section is because I've gotten to know quite a few of the folks in this forum and I just plain like it better.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Excellent work, Turbo. Your stuff always looks good.

Reverse Hypers are a very under-appreciated lift, probably due only to the fact that so few gyms have a bench for them. I've only ever seen one in my life.

How long did it take to drill all those holes in the rack uprights? Just curious!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Will. I agree that they are an under appreciated and under used movement but I can see why. The damn things just cost too much money for such a specialized movement. LOL The guy I built this for has three Reverse Hypers...Two of them are the Simmons models and one is mine. He even has the $2600.00 model that can be adjusted to 3 different angles. It's an absolute incredible machine but we duplicated that same adjustment by moving the pins in the rack. LOL

I didn't build the rack he brought me. This thing is way overkill. About 9 gauge steel all around and the legs are made from c-channel steel. A nice idea but heavy as hell!! It was all I could do to stand the thing up by myself. The ONLY reason I won't build a power rack is because of drilling all the holes. LOL No thanks.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Turboboy View Post
    Thanks Will. I agree that they are an under appreciated and under used movement but I can see why. The damn things just cost too much money for such a specialized movement. LOL The guy I built this for has three Reverse Hypers...Two of them are the Simmons models and one is mine. He even has the $2600.00 model that can be adjusted to 3 different angles. It's an absolute incredible machine but we duplicated that same adjustment by moving the pins in the rack. LOL
    I recall when Louie Simmons first brought the Reverse Hyper to the market, it cost about $500, a huge sum 15 years ago.

I didn't build the rack he brought me. This thing is way overkill. About 9 gauge steel all around and the legs are made from c-channel steel. A nice idea but heavy as hell!! It was all I could do to stand the thing up by myself. The ONLY reason I won't build a power rack is because of drilling all the holes. LOL No thanks.
    LOL! It's always the holes. Once in a while, someone in the 'equipment' forum will post about their plans to build their own rack, asking for advice. When the subject of the holes comes up, they usually have to re-think the practicality of such a project.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I recall when Louie Simmons first brought the Reverse Hyper to the market, it cost about $500, a huge sum 15 years ago.

LOL! It's always the holes. Once in a while, someone in the 'equipment' forum will post about their plans to build their own rack, asking for advice. When the subject of the holes comes up, they usually have to re-think the practicality of such a project.
    ...These are really expensive, and I can see people recommending the GHD over it if you were going to get something like this but couldn't afford both. I did end up getting one myself, though...this one:
    http://www.roguefitness.com/store/ro...erse_hyper.php

...but at 800 bucks I doubt it will be in many people's home gym. I went for it after having a back injury, and I can say I do feel it has really helped. It's not magic or anything, but it is a useful exercise if you can find a machine to do it.

Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    I went for it after having a back injury, and I can say I do feel it has really helped. It's not magic or anything, but it is a useful exercise if you can find a machine to do it.
    IIRC, the first article I remember reading, concerning Simmons' RH bench (in Ironman Magazine, about 15 years ago), focused on the injury-recovery aspect of the machine.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    ...These are really expensive, and I can see people recommending the GHD over it if you were going to get something like this but couldn't afford both. I did end up getting one myself, though...this one:
    http://www.roguefitness.com/store/ro...erse_hyper.php

...but at 800 bucks I doubt it will be in many people's home gym. I went for it after having a back injury, and I can say I do feel it has really helped. It's not magic or anything, but it is a useful exercise if you can find a machine to do it.
    Yeah, even $800 is usually too much for the average home gym. I've sold some for $495.00 and people still bitched about the price. LOL

I have to admit that I use my RH almost every day but only for therapy. I don't have any back problems and hopefully with daily use, I won't ever have any.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great job on your Reverse Hyper.
    I work out at home so I fabricate some of the equipment I work out with. I just made a donkey calf apparatus for my power cage. It can use a pulley system or free weights.

I am better with my ideas than craftsmanship.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had good success with reverse hypers using one flat bench placed on top of another ahd lying on that and doing the reverse hyper with a pair of iron boots. For you younger guys these were the way old timers worked their legs in the old days before the invention of machines. I bought them 4 years ago to rehab after hip replacement. You can purchase them here: http://www.atomicathletic.com/store/...?productid=IBC

Anybody else use them beside me?

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Josann View Post
    I have had good success with reverse hypers using one flat bench placed on top of another ahd lying on that and doing the reverse hyper with a pair of iron boots. For you younger guys these were the way old timers worked their legs in the old days before the invention of machines. I bought them 4 years ago to rehab after hip replacement. You can purchase them here: http://www.atomicathletic.com/store/...?productid=IBC

I just refurbish a pair of old iron boots I purchased over 20 years ago with new straps. You gave me again exercise I can do with the boots. I have a padded board with brackets to secure the ends to the support bars for my power cage. I can adjust the height of the board to do the reverse hyper laying prone on the board.
    Thanks
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very nice wish i thought of that. I had an old smith machine and made my own too.
    Attached Images

Awesome stuff you guys!!! I get a kick out of building stuff that I can use. Sometimes though, after buying the steel and making a few mistakes, I end up spending more. LOL I have the mistakes down to a minimum these days.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Josann View Post

I've been thinking of buying a set of these, mounting both on a single longer bar, and using it for leg curls. I could get rid of my leg curl machine and gain some space in the gym.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That is fantastic guys. Where there is a will, there's a way.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I've been thinking of buying a set of these, mounting both on a single longer bar, and using it for leg curls. I could get rid of my leg curl machine and gain some space in the gym.
    Do one leg at a time, standing upright. One bar through both boots will only get you hurt.

jackgrady927 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Turboboy View Post
    I build a lot of equipment for a few guys that live fairly close to me and about two weeks ago this guy brings me a power rack to modify to fit in his basement. He asked if while I had the rack if I could build him a reverse hyper attachment that would fit in the rack and fold up when not in use. I thought it was a great idea and although I've seen a few home made ones, I thought I'd see what I could do. It's designed to adjust for different width racks and can also be adjusted for different sized safety pins as well. After you get the adjustment for your particular rack set, you just turn the bottom bolts (not pictured) under the frame to tighten everything up so it won't slide around. Also, you tighten the bolts to secure it to the safety pins and that's pretty much it. The main reason this guy wanted it built is because he has a very small workout area and although I've built him a regular reverse hyper, he wanted to sell it to make room for other things. LOL One other neat thing about using a rack is that you can change the angle by moving the safety pins in rack itself. We found that his rack safety pins would allow us 2 different angle adjustments by simply moving them at an angle in the rack and then attaching the frame of the reverse hyper to it. Anyway, here's a few pics of it in the rack. It was a little wobbly with the unfinished rack but I'll try anything once. haha If you're wondering why I didn't post this in the equipment section is because I've gotten to know quite a few of the folks in this forum and I just plain like it better.
    Hey man,

Would you be interested in building me one of those reverse hyperextensions? It looks exactly like what I want to build for my rack, however I have no time to pull that off.

I tried to send you a PM but the website said that you do not accept private messages.

Thanks,
    Jack

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    jackgrady, this thread is four years old and the OP is banned. Good luck getting a reverse hyper from him.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel