Thread: Bicep Gap

vorsini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bicep Gap

Someone has probably discussed this question somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Is it possible to close the gap between the biceps and the forearm? Or is it just genetics? The reason I ask is because I recently quit smoking. I used to lift weight before I started smoking and didn't have the "gap," however as soon as i started smoking I thinned out quite a bit. Now I have this gap between my biceps and my forearm that fits about three fingers. Any suggestions?

toddspear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know of any way to change that "bicep gap". Just don't worry about it, i think it might help the look of your bicep peak or overall mass anyway

IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500)
    no that is determined by your genetics and is actually an indicator of how much potential you have for bicep muscle growth. The bigger the gap the worse your gentics. Typically a gap of about one finger space indicates excellent genetics while a gap of 3 or more indicates worse ones
    Recovering from the catastrophic mod neg of 2011

itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) itshenry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hmm.. I can just barely fit middle finger/ forefinger.... But I don't really have big biceps.. Work out forearms more?

DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    unaware? pics?

pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pothead93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Evan_Henri View Post
    no that is determined by your genetics and is actually an indicator of how much potential you have for bicep muscle growth. The bigger the gap the worse your gentics. Typically a gap of about one finger space indicates excellent genetics while a gap of 3 or more indicates worse ones
    Wut...

Having a bigger gap indicates higher positioned bicep insertion, not maximum natural bicep size.

People with high insertion generally have a tall bicep peak, while those with smaller gaps have flat biceps.

HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    people tell me that you need to go FULL range of motion with biceps to close the gap. Like lower the weights all the way down and bring them back up if you are lifting for example dumbells *curling* idk tho since you guys are now telling me that its genetics. but i heard it i dont know from experience.

IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500) IrnhNve is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by pothead93 View Post
    Wut...

Having a bigger gap indicates higher positioned bicep insertion, not maximum natural bicep size.

People with high insertion generally have a tall bicep peak, while those with smaller gaps have flat biceps.
    yes higher insertion of the muslce is a determination of good genetics as is the muscle insertion of your calf in relation to your ankle. It simply means that that particular muscle is not going to be especially easy to develop so you will have to work hard but you can still make it impressive
    Recovering from the catastrophic mod neg of 2011

robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HUG3 View Post
    people tell me that you need to go FULL range of motion with biceps to close the gap. Like lower the weights all the way down and bring them back up if you are lifting for example dumbells *curling* idk tho since you guys are now telling me that its genetics. but i heard it i dont know from experience.
    You can't close this gap. It is where the muscle is inserted into the tendon and then to the bone. You can't physically alter this.

HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HUG3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by robwein83 View Post
    You can't close this gap. It is where the muscle is inserted into the tendon and then to the bone. You can't physically alter this.
    oooh... wow that sucks i have ahuge gap.

EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's all genetics, can't change it. You can have impressive biceps either way, unless it's an exremely large gap.

Look how with Kevin Levrone's bicep (palms facing up), he almost doesn't even have a gap.

Same with Roelly Winklaar, hard to see, a dark pic but you can tell.

But with Lee Priest's left hand palm face up, his bicep has a larger gap.

Kai Greene also has noticable gaps too.

AdamTule is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vorsini View Post
    Someone has probably discussed this question somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I have about a one finger bicep gap, how long will it take me to fill it?
    I know from personal experience, it took me about 3 to 4 years. And that's on a very regular and fairly intense workout routine!