Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1817
    The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In for Epic gains! You saw what their 4 week squat cycle did to me!
    Someone is next in line!

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Nice workout and awesome news!!! Been hearing great things about those guys!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    In for Epic gains! You saw what their 4 week squat cycle did to me!
    Someone is next in line!
    heck yeah I'm PUMPED.... i'm really looking forward to the rest of this offseason, got some growing to do!!!

Quick Update

Just a brief update, it's a good thing today is an off day... i woke up late, went to church and by the time i got back to my apt. i was tired already and CRANKY lol... i think today's rest is gonna be good for me. gonna get some laundry done, put up my Christmas tree (i know, a bit late lol), and just eat and chill... may be lookin for a deload soon, i'm getting a bit worn. we'll see!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Take the deload / Time off before the program with TSG.
    Meaning time off, no GPP on a deload LOL we know how picky you are

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In to see TSG Gainz
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Take the deload / Time off before the program with TSG.
    Meaning time off, no GPP on a deload LOL we know how picky you are
    yeah it should work out perfectly to do so, i'm gonna hit some big weights this coming week, and then take 4-5 days off over christmas. i'll be at home from the 20-27th and won't have access to a nice gym so that would be the perfect time to get a break in. i HATE not doing anything, but it'll be good for me

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    In to see TSG Gainz
    you know it!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

12/17/12

Training:
    Squat Primary

Squats
    135*5
    185*5
    225*3
    255*2
    *added belt
    275*1
    285*2 (TOO LIGHT!)
    4x295*2 PR!!!
    *squatting next to Brian Whitacre + superman returns soundtrack (don't hate lol) = SERIOUSLY MOTIVATED.......

BB Bench (not paused, target RPE = 8.5)
    115*10
    135*8
    155*5
    170*10
    170*8
    2x165*10
    *WOW i suck at higher reps now lol... humbling for sure...

Incline DB Press (really wanted to hit my upper hard)
    75's*6 (chest = smoked...)
    3x70's*8
    *wow... just wow lol

Pause Squats
    135*3
    185*3
    4x225*3
    *DEEP pause... really beat the hell out of the legs

Good Mornings
    4x185*8
    *after all those squats, these were tough!

Diet (C/P/F)
    3048kcal
    387/222/68

Notes
    just an amazing workout, really nice... yesterday's off day was just what the doctor ordered. i woke up this morning after 9 hours of sleep feeling AMAZING, ready to go. and then as i walk into the weight room in comes Brian Whitacre, both of us hitting squats today... yeah, i was motivated as FUUU... i know most people like heavy music to motivate them, but i get really energized from a good orchestral song, like those from soundtracks... well today i found the superman returns OST on youtube, and when you tack that onto having Brian there I was chomping at the bit to rip that bar off the rack. i signed my paperwork for TSG today, so Matt is getting started on my plan tonight/tomorrow. i'm freaking excited as hell, gonna be epic!

12/19/12

Training:
    Deadlift Primary

Sumo Deads
    135*5
    245*3
    305*2
    355*2
    372*2
    *got it, but was pretty tough with refined form...
    4x355*2
    *could have done more, but i really wanted to keep my hips low

Weighted Pullups (just outside shoulder width grip)
    5xBW+20*5
    *tempo lift, freaking EASY

DB Curls
    3x50's*5

Fixed BB Curls
    2x90*8
    *surprisingly easy!

Conventional (wanted to test these out some)
    155*3
    245*3
    3x310*5
    *absolutely spot on and felt amazing... gonna use these from now on i think

Strict DB Side Laterals
    3x35's*5
    *did these like in Berto's new vid... made it super tough

Notes
    not a bad workout at all... woke up really tight and SUPER SORE... my damn hamstrings DO NOT like any elongation move, like SLDL's or what i did Monday, good mornings... my hams get so effing sore when i do those i can't even touch my toes when doing a hamstring stretch. i can normally touch my head to my knees... anyway, despite that i had a pretty good workout. i wasn't feeling the sumo's all that much, so i didn't push it too much. they weren't all that heavy TBH, but i feel like if i went heavier i wouldn't have kept my form. conventionals on the other hand felt amazing... i was watching Brian do them monday, and i made the call to bring my hands closer and boy did it make a difference. i was able to stay way more upright and pull through my glutes, hams and quads on top of my back, so they just felt amazing. i think i'll use those from now on in my workouts. speaking of, got word that i'll be getting my nutrition tonight and program soon from TSG. matt wants to do a quick cut (~8wks) to get me a touch leaner in the hopes of working my cals up higher for the rest of the offseason. this will all start after the holiday so that i have a nice break before hitting it hard. i'm motivated as phuck right now... it's amazing what an actual deadline will do for your psyche

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    STRONG deadlifts and nice new avi! Lookin BIG! Foam roll hamstrings? Ive been using a PVC pipe to roll with...BIG difference!

glad to hear your motivated bro! In for leaaaaaannesssss!!!
    advertising not permitted

12/21/12

Training:
    Bench Primary

BB Bench (Paused)
    120*5
    145*5
    185*3
    205*2
    4x215*2
    *not bad, odd bench made things a little more difficult...

Squats
    135*5
    185*5
    225*5
    255*5 (EASY)
    2x265*5 (PR!!!)

Paused Squats
    2x235*3
    *getting stared at by this point... bring it on!

Machine Lying Ham Curls
    3x130*8
    *pain!!!!

Machine Leg Extension
    210*8
    195*10
    *almost maxing the machine... gotta get stronger!

BB Bench (Paused)
    185*5
    3x175*5
    *could have stayed with 185, but wanted TIGHT form for all of them

Incline DB Fly
    3x40's*10
    *easy....

Notes
    This workout was great despite the past couple days... for that story see below! i wasn't feeling super strong to be honest, was a little tired and rushed but still tried to push hard. the bench was really odd, and made it a little tougher than normal, but I still matched my last doubles numbers. i wanted the PR but it's all good, i made up for it with the squats. i got a bunch of stares when doing the pause squats, you could see they've never seen someone go that low in squats. i didn't have a lot of time to stretch, foam roll, or anything after so i'm gonna have to pay special attention to it tonight.

anywho, for the long story, it's been a pretty bad couple days... i originally was supposed to leave OK at 330 yesterday, connect in ATL, and make it home by 830p last night... well of course my luck with flying being what it is, not even close to what actually happened....... on the way to the airport got a call saying my plane was delayed and that they were in the process of rebooking my flight. I never got a call back, so i get to the terminal and find out my only option is catching the first flight out of ATL the next morning... i say fine, i'll have my mom book me a rental car and i'll drive the 3 hours home instead. Well i get to ATL and wait 2 HOURS in line at the service counter to talk to a non-english speaker to cancel my flight the next morning. after a short train ride to the rental car place, they tell me my reservation isn't valid because my mother wasn't there with her major credit card, so by this point i have no car to drive, no flight, and no hotel to sleep in.... i literally just sat in the rental car center lost, no idea what was gonna happen. well i went back to the terminal and talked with a rep and managed to get my seat back on the flight this morning, as well as a meal voucher and hotel voucher. so i get some food, get to the hotel and wake up RIDICULOUSLY early to beat the security traffic. everything seemed fine, but when taxiing out to take off the captain announces we have to go back to the gate for unexpected maintenance... and that it was an estimated 1.5 hours repair time. i tried to find another flight, but the next one left at 730 tonight, and so "you're just gonna have to be at the mercy of the flight crew..." yeah i told that worker to phuck off, literally. to wrap this up, i didn't get home til 15 hours after I was supposed to... tomorrow after i hit accessory we're driving to SC to visit family, and just a big cluster phuck of travel and misc. next week is no lifting, and i've been promised desserts and fried chicken so i'll have to behave myself lol...

sorry for the wall of text! was a bit of a story

STRONG deadlifts and nice new avi! Lookin BIG! Foam roll hamstrings? Ive been using a PVC pipe to roll with...BIG difference!

glad to hear your motivated bro! In for leaaaaaannesssss!!!
    Thanks bro! i've tried everything to fix the hammies, but they don't seem to like me much when it comes to those exercises... maybe i need to try contrast baths or something....

12/15/12

Training:
    Accessory Primary

Speed Deadlifts (conventional)
    5x275*3
    *strong hip drive!

Fixed Cambered Bar Preacher Curls
    75*10 (PR)
    75*8
    70*10

21's (w/ olympic BB)
    60 (WAY too easy)
    2x65

Reverse Grip Pullups
    3xBW*10
    *was really feeling these today

Cable Low Rows
    3x190*12
    *harder than I thought after the pull-ups

Skull Crusher (Olympic straight bar)
    3x95*10 (m-fing PR!)

Rope Cable Pressdown
    2x10
    *X/1/2/1 tempo

BTN smith shoulder press (wide grip)
    2x95*10
    *HUGE pump from this

Smith Upright Rows
    2x135*10

Pec Dec Reverse Fly
    2x15

Finished with abs and calves

Notes
    On my phone in the car on the way to my sister's place in SC. I was a little rushed for time but I didn't let it get in the way of an awesome workout... I knew it was gonna be a good one when I was ploughing through the deads like they were 135. This is my last workout before I start the new program from TSG, got a nice 4-5 days off ahead, not planning on working out, nor would I even have the time or facilities. Cat wait to get started with the new work, I've got te goal of the stage in my sights and it can't come soon enough! Gonna try and get a v-log and some food pics over the next few days so stay tuned!

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Way to hit a session hard with limited time! Enjoy the days off and let me know when you post that vlog!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Enjoy the time off and your holidays my friend
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Way to hit a session hard with limited time! Enjoy the days off and let me know when you post that vlog!
    Thanks man, motivation is at a peak right now!

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Enjoy the time off and your holidays my friend
    Thanks man, hope your holidays are just as good as mine will be!

As promised, some brief ramblings of boredom!!!

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Merry Christmas

Have a great time with everyone

Enjoy it

P.S; I will view the Vlog when i can
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

FINALLY got to watch the vlog! Dancing till 2…sounds like a fun time! Hope the stress goes away soon bro! Its always nice to see family though! We all feel that way on off days...sucks but ya need em!

SOOO pumped for your prep log brotha!

12/28/12

The Strength Guys
    PAP Contrast Hypertrophy Phase 1
    Week 1, Day 1

Back Squat (2:0:1, RPE @ 10, 60s rest)
    185*20
    185*16 (was supposed to be 20 :/)
    *added belt
    185*20
    185*15
    175*15
    175*15

*proceeded to puke in the bathroom... FTMFW

Complex 1 (60s rest/set, RPE 9):

A1. Slow Concentric DB Press (1:0:4)
    4x55*5
    50*5

A2. Slow Eccentric DB Press (4:0:1)
    4x55*5
    50*5

Cable Flyes (superpump method)
    10x3 (2:0:1 @ 8, 15s rest)

Complex 2 (60s rest/set, RPE @ 9)

B1. Slow Concentric French Press (1:0:4)
    4x50*5

B2. Slow Eccentric French Press (4:0:1)
    4x50*5

Barbell Roll Out (2:0:2, 60s Rest, RPE @ 8)
    3xBW*10

Notes
    Mother.Of.God........... what an insane workout... i haven't done squats for more than 5 reps (with the exception of after i hurt my back) in like a year. after the first set i had a splitting headache, and luckily Brian walked in and wanted to work in with me, so i had him for motivation. i was supposed to do 3x20 but on the second set i started losing my form, so i had to call it early. after the third set of 20 (w/ a belt) i knew i wasn't going to be able to go up in weight. i was dying every set, getting more nauseous by the rep, but i was NOT gonna quit... Brian stepped in and yelled at me to finish the sets, and after the last set i collapsed... 10min later i had to go to the bathroom and lost what was left of my pre-w/o meal. i was shaking, dizzy, had a headache, but i was SO satisfied that i made it through. i think i even earned a bit of respect from Brian for keeping going. after ~20min i felt OK enough to move on to the DB press... i managed to make it through the exercise, but had to make a quick trip to the bathroom again after the last set. this was the key because after i was feeling better and was able to finish the workout. i do feel like i wasn't able to give the DB presses the attention the deserved because of how i felt at that point, so i'm gonna have to reevaluate my squatting for next week so i can really give them their dues. i'm WIPED now, and i don't see myself doing much else today lol, but no matter how it "sucked" at the time, i'm super excited to go back to the gym tomorrow. the only problem is the gym is closed new years day, so i'm gonna try and find another to go to so i can finish the week strong!

as far as the break goes, i'll post some food pics when i get them uploaded. it was a great time, and i won't lie i cried a bit when i had to say goodbye... my sisters and grandmother really took me leaving hard. of course my flights were phucked up AGAIN.... my flight out of home was delayed, so i missed my connection in ATL, which meant i got to sit for 4.5 hours in the airport. food and drink that whole time cost me $30, then when i finally got back to OK i realized how little groceries i had so spent another $70 on food... there went my christmas money! lol nah i have a little left, got some great gift cards to Dick's Sporting Goods, so i'll be getting some new gear to lift in, as well as some hunting supplies for next year's deer season.

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post

Merry Christmas

Have a great time with everyone

Enjoy it

P.S; I will view the Vlog when i can
    Thanks man, i really did have a good time. hope your holidays were just as good as mine!

FINALLY got to watch the vlog! Dancing till 2…sounds like a fun time! Hope the stress goes away soon bro! Its always nice to see family though! We all feel that way on off days...sucks but ya need em!

SOOO pumped for your prep log brotha!
    yeah that dancing til 2 only happened that one night lol... we were supposed to go out the next night, but we were so wiped from shopping all day that it didn't happen lol. the stress went away pretty quick actually, though there was a lot of tension surrounding some relatives who happen to be real jackasses... thats ok though, because after that drama happened my sisters got drunk on wine and i had a cigar and they decided to wax my back... being that i was buzzed from the cigar i made the mistake of saying yes... lets just say that buzz went away REALLY quick lol... after today's workout, i'm sure it's gonna be an EPIC year of growth, and then an even more epic prep!

Better up that intake son. Time to train like a man.

Better up that intake son. Time to train like a man.
    Matt's taken the reigns on the intake! gonna push it to the limit every day!

Pic Bomb
    Here's some pics from the break

The parents and the dogs were happy to see me lol

Mom let me help her make fudge! lol

Celebrated Christmas Eve with the #1 rated cigar last year... had it before and love it!

After church on Christmas Eve my sister and I always have a beer together for dinner... Tradition continues!

One plate of Christmas dinner

My favorite part of the holiday dinners: sweet potato souffle

Pic Bomb Part 2

Cant forget dessert! Japanese Fruit Cake, rum ball, peanut butter bar... I also had some of my Aunt Lil's fruitcake earlier that day... her's is the best by FAR, made from my Great Great Great Great Grandmother's recipe....

My Mom's fruitcake from the same recipe, but i think she leaves out the booze (makes it more moist/easier to slice)

Of course all good things must end, but i got some presents that will DEF come in handy later

Part of my Pre-W/O meal today:

Dinner tonight: lean beef, broccoli, and egg white stir fry... was bomb

thats about it, til tomorrow!

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Strength guys program... training with Brian Whitacre... ^^This dude's jelly^^
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had to make it a point to stop in and see how day 1 went, although get sick is no where near one of the goals of our programs at the same time if it happens it happens. You think you might have eat too soon/too far away pre workout? Looking forward to seeing how you progress through this training and as I hope you are seeing the word cardio due to the intensity of the training is going to be out of your vocab for quite sometime
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    yeah it was pretty awesome having that hulk spotting me on squats... plus he was starting a DUP program today, so he was moving some big weights on squats!

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    Had to make it a point to stop in and see how day 1 went, although get sick is no where near one of the goals of our programs at the same time if it happens it happens. You think you might have eat too soon/too far away pre workout? Looking forward to seeing how you progress through this training and as I hope you are seeing the word cardio due to the intensity of the training is going to be out of your vocab for quite sometime
    i think what mostly did it to me was sucking down cold water too fast after those squats... i've never had a problem before, even when i was pushing it hard so i think that was to blame. hell i'm doing good to walk to my kitchen to cook let alone think about cardio lol!

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    In before Pat doesnt post his cardio he does

haha j/p!

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    WOW is that awesome! Me jelly jelly JELLY! Nice job Patrick

Progressively Overloading Incubusfan18's Avatar
    Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Incubusfan18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Haha that's such a weird coincidence, I had to run to the bathroom last leg day too. Surprisingly it wasn't the squats that did me in, it was the forced reps on leg press...hurts like a b'itch!
    Bulking Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145737171&p=900538741#post900538741

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

12/29/12

The Strength Guys
    Week 1, Day 2

Lat Pulldowns (2:0:1, RPE @ 10, 60s rest)
    3x Lvl 10*20
    3x Lvl 10*15
    *by the time i got to the 15's my head felt like someone had it in a vice grip, and was failing at the 15 too lol

A1. Slow Concentric Cable Row (1:0:4)
    5x Lvl 10*5

A2. Slow Eccentric Cable Row (4:0:1)
    5x Lvl 10*5
    *after the lat pulls my lats were raped...

Standing DB Military Press (2:0:1, RPE @ 9, 60s rest)
    35*15 (too light)
    2x40*15
    2x35*15
    *had to back off to keep RPE at 9...

Seated Lateral Raise (superpump method)
    10x35's*3 (2:0:1 @ 8, 15s rest)

B1. Slow Concentric Preacher Curl (1:0:4)
    4x60*5

B2. Slow Eccentric Preacher Curl (4:0:1)
    4x60*5
    *the pump was INSANE

Seated Calf Raise (5:5:1, 90s Rest)
    6x2p+25*6
    *RPE was about 9 for these... til the end lol

Notes
    FANTASTIC workout today, i'm really understanding what i've been missing while working on strength for so long... by the end of the workout i was shaking from fatigue! intensity was at a max, even when my exertion headache from yesterday started plaguing me again... imagine someone sticking a screwdriver in the back of your head, and that's what it felt like every set of the lat pulls, and even some of the cable rows... they started with the squats yesterday, so i'm hoping some rehab tonight will help. speaking of yesterday, i'm SORE AS A MOTHER PHUCKER... lol i was sore by the time i got back from the gym, but today was a whole new world... walking was even difficult, and i don't even wanna talk stairs lol. the best part about it is i have squats AND deficit sumo deads tomorrow! oddly enough i can't wait lol... am i crazy?!!?

In before Pat doesnt post his cardio he does

haha j/p!
    dude i'm serious i didn't want to even walk from my bed to the couch this morning lol... cardio was the LAST thing on my mind!

WOW is that awesome! Me jelly jelly JELLY! Nice job Patrick
    Thanks Alex, I'm just waiting for you to get the invite to workout with Doug Miller, and then it will be MY turn to be jealous!

Originally Posted by Incubusfan18 View Post
    Haha that's such a weird coincidence, I had to run to the bathroom last leg day too. Surprisingly it wasn't the squats that did me in, it was the forced reps on leg press...hurts like a b'itch!
    this is the first time lifting has ever put me hugging the toilet lol... i've gotten it from a conditioning workout a couple times, back when i was doing MMA, but never lifting... it was def. an experience!

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First time posting in your thread, you're doing some great work in here, very inspirational. I hear you on the exertion headaches, I did that to myself on Thursday and it came back today doing lat pulldowns of all things! It's an intense pain that's hard to work through, I try to focus on my breathing and it seems to help. Keep killing it!!
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    Thanks Alex, I'm just waiting for you to get the invite to workout with Doug Miller, and then it will be MY turn to be jealous!
    Damn man, I would absolutely LOVE that! haha

x2 once he gets that invite he better hit us up too!

12/30/12

The Strength Guys
    Week 1, Day 3

BB Bench (1:0:1, 2@90%, 3m rest)
    6x215*2

A1. Slow Eccentric Squat (4:0:1)
    5x185*5

A2. Deficit Sumo Deads (1:0:X @60%)
    5x265*5
    *MOTHER FUCKING EXERTION HEADACHE.........

DB Floor Press (2:0:1, RPE @ 8.5, 90s rest)
    4x85*5

B1. Slow Eccentric Hamstring Curl (4:0:1)
    4x45*5

B2. Swiss Ball Hamstring Curl (2:0:1)
    4x15
    *really hit the hams hard!

Weighted Situps (2:0:2, 60s Rest, RPE @ 8)
    3xBW+35*10

Notes
    muther phucking exertion headache... i swear to god i thought my head was going to explode after my second set of the first complex... I don't know if it was my breathing or what. i was def. controlling it very well, not holding my breath, i even went lighter on squats than i could have but i still got it BAD... i literally had to stop after the squats and sit down. it even made me nauseous, and it makes me think thats what caused to emesis on day 1. after i let it back down some i pushed through the rest of the workout, but even now i'm still battling the headache. it's subsided to a dull ache with throbs, and i'm hoping it goes away by tomorrow. luckily i don't have any big compound lifts tomorrow, so i'll be taking it easy and then taking new years off, with the hopes of it getting past. if it keeps on i'm gonna talk to Matt about a full week off, as much as i HATE the idea. we'll see.......

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    First time posting in your thread, you're doing some great work in here, very inspirational. I hear you on the exertion headaches, I did that to myself on Thursday and it came back today doing lat pulldowns of all things! It's an intense pain that's hard to work through, I try to focus on my breathing and it seems to help. Keep killing it!!
    Thanks man, i wish i could get past them... i'll focus even more on breathing and hope for the best!

x2 once he gets that invite he better hit us up too!
    this FTW! I'd bet it will happen, if not soon!