Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude, How is the TRT going? Haven't heard anything about that lately! Any details?
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Dude, How is the TRT going? Haven't heard anything about that lately! Any details?
    it's going ok... to be honest things have stagnated in terms of new progress. i've started to get a feel for my rhythms as far as T levels go. i can tell when it's time to have my next shot. i guess i didn't expect the whole "newness" feeling to keep going, but i've settled into a normal persons feeling now i guess. my mood is still LIGHT YEARS better than before. i have my bad days don't get me wrong, but i'm very rarely innately cranky. i do get feeling down every now and then, but thats often in response to an outside stimulus, and i've always been like that. i'm a very emotional person, so thats a cost of being that way. the downer days are more frequent toward the end of my two week period, right before my next shot, and they are getting better too (albeit slowly)

i've started to notice some side effects, none bad, but my body hair is growing faster, and in places i've never had it before, like my back (GROSS.....) but other people are starting to notice the difference. i look like i lift, look much more "healthy". libido is not much different, but TBH i was never really the super "excited" type to begin with. i'm up almost exactly 10lbs from prior to TRT, but leaner and stronger. my metabolism and recovery are both faster too, especially now that i'm getting enough sleep. not sure what else to touch on, if you have any questions ask!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    DAT BACK!!!! Looking thick man! And ouch at that box jump miss. Alpha looking shins though haha
    Team Mustache

Follow my contest-prep log. It's mustache friendly!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137576793

Add me on ******** so we can be muscle friends!

http://www.********.com/logan.carrington

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    i'm up almost exactly 10lbs from prior to TRT, but leaner and stronger. my metabolism and recovery are both faster too, especially now that i'm getting enough sleep.
    That's awesome! If I recall correctly you used to get down in the dumps every now and then because no matter how much effort you put in the gym and in nutrition your body wasn't responding how it should before the TRT right? Glad everything is working out! Do you have to get shots every 2 weeks forever, or is there a chance that this can kickstart some natural test?

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    5/4/12

AM Weight: 162.2

Training
    Clean and Jerk Focus

Clean and Jerk
    226 (PR!!!)
    2x182*2

Muscle Snatch (never done these, was hoping it wouldn't irritate my wrist... worked well)
    111*3
    121*3 (saw stars on rep 3 lol)
    3x111*3

Clean Deadlifts
    309*3 (PR holy sh!t this was heavy... not used to resetting each rep)
    2x287*3 (better...)

Front Squats
    177*3
    199*3
    3x221*3

Pause Jerks
    3x177*3

Block Jumps
    3x5

False Grip Muscle Ups (supposedly harder...)
    3x3

Cardio
    none

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    great workout, had a buddy there with me to motivate me. he's got a bad handicap so he can't lift normal, but he hung with me and we talked the whole time in the gym. hit a rather small PR on clean and jerk, but it actually went up pretty easy (vid below). i'm still gonna take a deload next week, but i think it will be a relatively intense one. the muscle snatches are DEF harder than i expected. i've never done them before, but they were magic on my wrists. little pain and a good way to focus on opening the extension. after those i was WIPED though lol. got to the clean pulls and felt a little froggy with the first set... yeah didn't work out lol. i might could have got another set, but the form would have been rubbish. after that it was a pretty standard workout, i was pretty damn tired. the family is starting to roll in for graduation, so tonight i'm taking them to eat. tomorrow is the big day, gonna get a good long run in before it because i'm gonna need some thinking time, then gonna coast for food for the day. tomorrow night is gonna be filled with food that is RIDICULOUSLY bad for you, and a special jar of elixir my buddy brought me (quart of shine ) i'll prolly update tomorrow sometime with some pics from the ceremony, so til later!

Originally Posted by LoganCL View Post
    DAT BACK!!!! Looking thick man! And ouch at that box jump miss. Alpha looking shins though haha
    thanks man! i hear chicks dig scars, but i dunno that those are gonna get me any brownie points

That's awesome! If I recall correctly you used to get down in the dumps every now and then because no matter how much effort you put in the gym and in nutrition your body wasn't responding how it should before the TRT right? Glad everything is working out! Do you have to get shots every 2 weeks forever, or is there a chance that this can kickstart some natural test?
    yeah man that was one of the biggest downers about my low T before. just for a reference here's me almost exactly a year ago:

the shots are probably gonna be forever... i asked the doc if in his experience this might just be temporary but he said that it's always been a permanent thing. sucks but what can ya do? i may talk to him about adjusting the frequency to once a week to keep from having such wide fluctuations in levels, but apparently he's not a fan of that dosing scheme. we'll see
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

Wow man, physique change big time! GJPM

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey man, I've been meaning to stop in here. Thanks for the shout in in the v-log dude
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Wow man, physique change big time! GJPM
    Thanks man, it's been a log road. When I get back to my computer I'll see if I can find a pre-TRT pic from last fall

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163
    Hey man, I've been meaning to stop in here. Thanks for the shout in in the v-log dude
    No prob man, I owe you a lot as it is, so a shout out doesn't seem enough...

quick update

Just got done with lunch after graduation, I DEMOLISHED some cracker barrel. This morning I ate my usual pre and post run meal this morning surrounding my race with a storm lol. I've got the most ridiculously unhealthy cake waiting for me so it's gonna be an epic day for eats... I've also got a quart of high proof moonshine as well, but we'll see how much of it disappears given What I'll be eating lol. Tomorrow is back to the normal grind, I'm a lil afraid of what I'll weight haha... Til later, maybe a drunk update later haha. Food pron too

Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's graduation dude, don't sweat it. Enjoy! Congrats, by the way.

5/7/12

Training

Snatch Focus
    Deload

Snatch
    10x133

Power Clean + C&J
    5x165

Clean Pulls
    5x209*3

Front Squat
    155*3
    165*3
    177*3
    3x187*3

Jerks
    3x165*3

Block Jump
    3x5

Seated Box Jump (36")
    3x5

Cardio
    AM LISS: Elliptical

Nutrition
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

5/8/12

Training

Weak Points
    Deload

DB Bench
    2x80*5
    3x75*5

Incline BB
    3x135*8

DB Fly
    2x35*10

BW Dips
    2x12

Skull Crusher
    3x80*6

Cambered Bar Pressdown
    3x55*10

One Arm Overhead DB Extension
    2x25*10

Machine Dips
    2x165*10

BB Curl
    3x85*5

HS Preacher Curl
    3x45*10

Hammer Curl
    2x40*10

One Arm DB Preacher
    2x25*10

Seated Calf Raise
    3x110*6

Donkey Calf Raise
    3x Whole Stack *8

Old School Situp
    3xBW+25*10

Cable Crunch
    3x72.5*15

Hanging Leg Raise
    3x10

Cardio
    none

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    sorry for the slack update, just not a whole lot to talk about... deloads are super boring, so not much to say haha. one thing to not is AM weight this morning was 163.4, holding a LOT of water. i think Eric was right in that it's prolly from my TRT shot. i was still on the rebound from my cake binge saturday night anyway... lets just say it's a prune cake (don't knock it if you've never tried it... EASILY my favorite cake ever, and i thought it sounded gross too) in a large baking pan, and i ate a third of the whole thing saturday night, plus two red velvet cookies (kind of like cakesters). anyway, not two $hits were given (mentally anyway, it is a prune cake), and i jumped back on normal eating patterns sunday. i felt like hammered horse sh!t sunday, and went for a run and it HURT. anyway, the rest of this week is full of work and lifting and hangin with the chica, so i'll update when i can. gonna try a v-log this weekend, but it'll depend on if i have something to talk about. til later!

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    It's graduation dude, don't sweat it. Enjoy! Congrats, by the way.
    thanks man! haha see above

5/9/12

AM Weight: 164.0 (phucking TRT)

Training
    Clean and Jerk Focus

2x Muscle Snatch + OH Squat
    5x111 (didn't realize this was my working weight last time... lol it was easy)

Clean and Jerk
    10x180

SLDL
    221*5 (light as phuk)
    2x243*5 (better for a deload weight...)

Shoulder Press
    3x111*5

Squats
    3x209*3

False Grip Muscle Ups (supposedly harder...)
    3x2
    -SS-
    Glute Ham Raise
    3x10

Cardio
    AM LISS: Elliptical (was supposed to be HIIT, but i was SUPER tired)

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    another boring deload...was a little rushed in the workout because i was supposed to go to the pool with the girl. turns out her pool was closed, so i went and played some pool and air hockey with her and a mutual friend. was a lot of fun.

woke up this morning tired as hell. i was sleeping GREAT but then the alarm said no thanks. nodded off for a while after eating breakfast, so i decided to push HIIT til tomorrow and do LISS this morning. ought to work well because i have to take Friday off for a conference i'm judging. downside to that is i have another conference i'm judging Saturday til lunch, which will make it a pain to get my pre-w/o meal in. oh well, adapt and conquer. i'm holding a sh!t-ton of water again, and weight is back up to 164. this is def caused my my TRT. i'll talk more about it in the v-log i have planned for either tomorrow or friday, so stay tuned. tomorrow is gonna be a LONG day, EARLY workout, then work til 11, sprints, and then grant writing and manuscript drafting til i puke! oh well, you wanna be the best you gotta work harder than the best....

5/10/12

AM weight = 164.0 (fuuu)

Training

Back/Shoulders
    Deload

Pullups (chin over bar...)
    3xBW+2chain*5
    2xBW+1chain*5

Supported Rows
    3x125*10

HS High Rows
    2x2p+10/s*10

Neutral Grip Pullups
    2xBW*10

DB Laterals
    3x27.5*10

One Arm Rear Delt rows (got these from Gaspari... was actually really nice)
    3x35*10

Face pulls
    2x87.5*10

NOTE: Abs supersetted with shoulders...

Dragon Flags
    3x8 (was damn hard...)

Hanging Leg Raise w/ chains (1 chain/leg)
    3x10

Cable Trunk Twists
    2x30*10 (too easy...)

Cardio
    PM MISS: 3.1 mi Run (completed in ~21min)

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    another decent deload workout. not a lot to report, other than i'm hoping slamming a sh!t ton of water helps clear this water bloat... we'll see. i'm looking better now at the end of the day than i did when i woke so we'll see. was hella tired all day today, prolly a result of waking up early. got a list of notes on things to talk about for the v-log tomorrow. gonna be a messed up day, conference in the morning, beer and cigars in the afternoon. lunch is provided by the conference, so i have no idea what macro's will be like, but i'm making it an off day anyway. just gonna get up and motivate myself for some HIIT cardio before the conference. i called an audible and opted out of HIIT today. my legs weren't feeling 100%, and the point of the deload is to help recovery, so i just went for a nice long run. im hoping that will clear up a little of the soreness in my hammies from the SLDLS, but i doubt it...

5/12/12

AM Weight: .... yea not good lol

Training
    Clean and Jerk Focus

2x Power Snatch
    5x121

Clean and Jerk
    5x165*2

Snatch Deadlift + Shrug
    3x177*5

Split Jerks (focus on form)
    5x155*3

Front Squats
    5x188*3 (felt SOLID and easy)

Seated Box Jumps (36")
    3x5

BB Jumps from rest (on blocks...)
    3x133*5 (HEAVY)

Cardio
    none

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    gonna hit on a couple things that i didn't cover in the v-log below. first, i'm prolly gonna do a short mini cut for a week or so... my weight has been increasing steadily and not slowly, and i've got a nice little lower belly pooch going. a lot of it is from water retention, which i need to get sorted out because everything i try to combat it isn't working (might be a hormonal issue...). i'm not in horrid condition like it looks like in the v-log (see 2 pics, relaxed then flexed from this morning), but still not where i think i need to be to keep within a respectable distance of contest shape. also, happy mothers day to everyone, even if you aren't a mother. celebrate with those you love and praise the person responsible for bringing you into the world... we could all learn about dedication from looking to our mothers... after all, not only did they carry us and deliver us, but also raised us.

anyway, v-log had to be cut a little due to size, so that would explain the retarded start and stops. sorry for the random tangents lol:

here's the pics i mentioned above, a better indication of conditioning. first relaxed then flexed:

I was checking in to say, "One word - SHEIKO!" But then I saw your pics, fapped, and had to comment. Wait, wut? haha bro, you do not need to do a mini! If you want to by all means go for it, but to me, that is perfect conditioning. I think you're in a good spot and if your putting on strength and size with your current macros, don't eff with it! My .02

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

You are that lean and want to cut? Not sure if serious.

I was checking in to say, "One word - SHEIKO!" But then I saw your pics, fapped, and had to comment. Wait, wut? haha bro, you do not need to do a mini! If you want to by all means go for it, but to me, that is perfect conditioning. I think you're in a good spot and if your putting on strength and size with your current macros, don't eff with it! My .02
    You are that lean and want to cut? Not sure if serious.
    i guess you guys are right... seeing Berto's "offseason" condition made me look at my own and i thought "good god i'm fat" lol

ex:
    https://www.********.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

here's some full pics from a quick vid from EARLY thursday morning:

the rest:

No way I would cut if I were you, but it's completely up to you obviously! To me, you look like your in the perfect spot. Keep the lean gains going!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First time in your journal brother, I was told to come chat with you about test issues. I have had some serious problems as of late and I will be reading through your journal to see the start of your issues and how you have worked through them. I just had blood work done last week that came back with my liver not working correctly, low test and thyroid with some other issues as well not as bad. So ill be reading through this that way I am not asking questions you have already addressed.
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    First time in your journal brother, I was told to come chat with you about test issues. I have had some serious problems as of late and I will be reading through your journal to see the start of your issues and how you have worked through them. I just had blood work done last week that came back with my liver not working correctly, low test and thyroid with some other issues as well not as bad. So ill be reading through this that way I am not asking questions you have already addressed.
    welcome! feel free to ask away, not only do i study physiology for a living i have lived the issues, so i know how bad it can suck. what were your Test and thyroid levels? and what were the issues with your liver?

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Blood work came back with high enzyme concentration in my liver which the dr that I am seeing said that its the precursor or leading to a fatty liver. Since hormones are metabolized in the liver he thinks that by addressing the issue there that my hormones might have to come up without additional support but we won't know until my liver clears as to whether or not it worked. My test was 207. T4 - 5.1 t3 - 53. After doing some research on the possible effects of a fatty liver the only one that it could possibly be from my knowledge is starvation. Although I was not ever starving i was sub 5% from sept-jan and I know our bodies don't want to stay that low naturally and will fight back. My symptoms though are pretty bad, most days I can't make it through the afternoon without sleep and it's not like I'm just tired but it's like if I don't lay down soon I'm going to pass out, strength post contest has never come back and everything from warm ups on up is heavy. Libido what's that lol.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Patrick, just checking in after few weeks - holly cow! Your progress is insane! Keep it up.
    Of course it's up to you but like other said - cannot see why you'd need to cut at the moment.

5/14/12

Training

Snatch Focus 90%

Snatch (first time with straps.... experiment...)
    8*148 (only missed 1, felt SOLID...)

Power Clean + C&J
    5x160

Snatch Pulls
    5x182*3

Front Squat
    187*3
    199*3
    3x214*3

Jerks
    3x187*2

Block Jump
    2x5

Seated Box Jump (39")
    3x5

Cardio

Nutrition
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

5/15/12

AM Weight: 164.0

Training

Weak Points (at 430am) 90%

DB Bench
    5x85*5 (SOLID as phuck...)

Incline BB
    3x135*10

DB Fly
    2x40*12

BW Dips
    2x12

Skull Crusher
    3x90*6

Cambered Bar Pressdown
    3x60*10

One Arm Overhead DB Extension
    27.5*10 (hard, WTH)
    25*10

Machine Dips
    2x180*10

BB Curl
    3x95*5

Cybex Preacher Curl Machine (HS was taken...)
    3x55*10

Hammer Curl
    2x42.5*10

One Arm DB Preacher
    2x27.5*10

Dragon Flag
    2x6 (was hurting so i quit it)

Reverse Crunch
    3xBW+40*12

Cable Crunch
    3xStack-1*12

Decline Situp (hands on ears)
    2xBW*20

Cardio
    none

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    been a long couple of days... worked both of them, which meant early mornings. yesterday's workout was fantastic, i won't lie... i was worried about the snatch irritating my wrist, but i found that as the straps tightened it pulled on my hand keeping the compression away, combined with the support of the actual strap itself. this morning was awesome too, the DB bench felt more solid than i've ever felt before. only issue was after a while i started to lose that drive, so yeah... oh well. i've decided to leave cals alone until things stabilize a little more. in the past few days it's fluctuated from 162.4 up to a high of 165.2 and then back to 164.0 today. i'm so glad for everyone who comes and visits my thread. without you guys i'd prolly still be struggling along at cutting macros and a rubbish metabolism. i don't have the objective eye i need here, so all i see is myself every day. as i'm typing this i'm falling asleep on the couch haha, so i think a nap may be in order. i have some writing i need to do, but i doubt i'd be able to stay awake for it ATM, so that can wait til later. tomorrow is another Oly day, gonna hit some relatively heavy C&J, still on the transition week from the deload.

No way I would cut if I were you, but it's completely up to you obviously! To me, you look like your in the perfect spot. Keep the lean gains going!
    advice well taken man, thanks for being my objective eye. gotta make some serious gainz to catch up with you!

Originally Posted by coconuttree2009 View Post
    Hey Patrick, just checking in after few weeks - holly cow! Your progress is insane! Keep it up.
    Of course it's up to you but like other said - cannot see why you'd need to cut at the moment.
    thanks a lot! very glad to have you offer input, the fact that you can see progress is a real booster for me. like i mentioned above, i see myself every day so i have literally NO perspective to see progress.

Duuuuuiide 42 sets on weak point day?!?! Holy voluuuume!

Hey brother I shoot you a message tomorrow. I got a full blood panel taken, I'll look over all my tests and get back to you reguarding what through had asked. I am waiting to hear the results of my siliva test should be in the next day or so
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

5/16/12

AM Weight: 162.4 (where the phuck did that drop come from lol)

Training
    Clean and Jerk Focus 90%

Clean and Jerk
    6x199

Power Snatch + 2 Sq Snatch
    4x121 (wrist was acting up at first...)

Clean Deadlift, no straps (all hook grip babay!)
    264*3
    2x274*3 (all went up quick...)

Squats
    worked up to weight with triples
    3x236*3 (not bad...)

BTN Press (strict, no leg)
    5x121*3 (PR, even if at 90%

Death March (see video)
    3x60's*10/s

Cardio
    AM HIIT: Elliptical

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    not a bad workout at all today... my form was pretty solid on all lifts, and they all felt relatively light. that death march SUCKED bad... the focus for them is hammies and glutes, but i'll tell ya, my lats and forearms were SCREAMING by the end of each set... my wrist was acting up a bit when i started snatches, but after some good wrapping and some straps they felt fine, and i was MOVING under that bar. speaking of light, WTF with my wake up weight? that was after a no cardio day too lol. i doubt it will carry over to tomorrow, but it was nice to be light for a change. i was a little flat though, so that kind of sucked. that fixed itself real quick haha, i went from flat to spilled real quick. finally leveled out about 4 this afternoon (sad that i can follow it that close). tomorrow is back and shoulders, gonna be total suckage because i'll prolly be sore, but such is the life! and i freaking love it!

death march:

Duuuuuiide 42 sets on weak point day?!?! Holy voluuuume!
    haha HELLZ YEAH! nah it's not nearly as bad as it looks, thats only 10 sets per body part, i just feel like i have a LOT of weak points the crazy part is that it only took me an hour and a half to get all that in

5/17/12

AM weight = 163.2

Training

Back/Shoulders 90%

Pullups (chin over bar...)
    2xBW+3chain*5
    Switched to close grip to make harder... didn't help lol
    3xBW+2chain*5

Supported Rows
    3x140*10

HS High Rows
    2x2p+25/s*10

Neutral Grip Lat Pulls
    2x162.5*10 (was actually tough... stupid cybex equipment)

DB Laterals
    3x30*10

One Arm Rear Delt rows (got these from Gaspari... was actually really nice)
    3x47.5*10

Face pulls
    2x10 (can't remember weight lol...)

Seated Calf Raise
    3x3p*6 (tempo lift...)

Standing Calf Raise
    2x235*8 (tempo lift again...)

BTB Forearm curl
    3x125*6

Reverse Forearm Curl
    2x50*8

Gripper Machine
    3x100*8

Cardio

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    great workout... forced myself to sleep in til 630 so i was ITCHING to get up and do something. so i hit my cardio hard, came back, ate my pre-w/o meal and hit the gym. sad thing was after i didn't have much else to do all day so i've been bored sitting on my ass. i went shopping for a couple things i needed, but that only took about an hour. i would have gone fishing or done something productive but it decided to pop up storm. karma is a bitch... anyway, tomorrow i'm hitting the oly gym with a buddy, gonna hit a nice last 90% day and then it's back to blasting some serious weights...

i wanted to get anyone who is following along's thoughts on some arm work... mine haven't improved at all, and i've been toying with the idea of running a PHAT style split with just my arms. I would do a Power day on my now back and shoulders day, then a hypertrophy day on the weak point day (more time that day). i made some gains doing PHAT a long time ago, but haven't tried it since. any thoughts on the idea would be welcome!

Train arms after legs and see what happens, thats when I have had the most success. Just and idea
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

5/18/12

Training

Snatch Focus 90% (kind of lol)

Snatch (dumb mistake... after this everything else was GARBAGE...)
    165 (missed 2, got a third...)
    170x..... see notes...
    2x143*2

High Hang Clean + C&J
    4x177

Hang Clean Pulls
    3x221*5

Front Squat
    187*3
    199*3
    5x214*3 (was HEAVY)

Jerks for form
    3x155*3

Explosive Jerk Dips (literally the bar came off my shoulders above my head)
    3x199x3

Hanging Situps
    3x10

GHD Leg Raises (think Half Dragon Flags)
    3x15

Kettlebell Side Bends
    2x2 pood*12/s

Cardio
    none

Nutrition
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

Notes
    ok so i really don't feel much like discussing this workout... i made a dumb mistake and didn't listen to my body when i got to my current max, and it cost me. i went in feeling SUPER SOLID on snatches, like the best i've felt in a long time. worked up to my 90% weight, and decided F-it, i'm goin max today. so i didn't miss a single one up to 10 under my max... then went for my max and had a relatively ok miss... thought i'd tweaked my shoulder but it didn't hurt so i was like whatever. went for it again, near miss again. didn't rest like i should have and wen't straight into another try (frustrated...). bad miss this time... elbows came unlocked and 165lbs of barbell scraped down my back... i didn't bleed or anything, but left some marks and hurt like a bitch. i got angry and made my next attempt, and then after 2 tries at the PR (with close misses) i called it and did doubles. trouble is by this point i've already wasted pretty much ALL energy. so the rest of the workout blew nuts, big time. everything that should have been easy was heavy as hell. i also forgot to do more hamstring work, as they've begun to lag... all in all a bad day in the gym. i did some serious rehab after though, some spinal decompression, foam rolling and stretching. i think i'll do some more foam rolling tonight before bed too, my back is killing me. i think it's time to invest in a deep tissue massage, and get some kinks worked out for good. tomorrow is gonna be a long day, still unsure of the final plans but be looking for a v-log and update sometime tomorrow morning!

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    Train arms after legs and see what happens, thats when I have had the most success. Just and idea
    honestly that crossed my mind, but i think the benefit behind lifting arms after legs was the increased growth factors associated with working a larger muscle group, and i'm not sure how much of a difference it would make with me already on TRT. i know that testosterone isn't the only growth factor out there, but it's pretty important lol... we'll see, i haven't really made up my mind yet. i do legs on 3 different days, so i have options, but those days are already VERY long workouts, so i don't particularly wanna add to that lol.

5/21/12

Training
    Clean and Jerk Focus

Clean and Jerk doubles
    4x199 (PR)

2x Hang Sq Snatch (from knee)
    5x133 (easy...)

Chinese Style Snatch Pull (double extension...)
    4x199*3

Squats
    5x236*3 (not bad...)

Jerk Doubles (with catch between reps)
    3x177*3

Glute Ham Raise
    3xBW+10kg*10

Seated Box Jump ~40"
    3x5

Cardio
    AM HIIT: Elliptical

Diet
    ~3099 kcal
    402.5/226/65

5/22/12

Training

Chest and Power Arms

DB Bench
    95*5 (easy)
    100*4 (PR!)
    95*5 (heavy lol)

Floor Press (slow and squeezed)
    2x185*5

Incline BB Press
    3x135*10

Cable Fly
    2x55/s*12

BW Dips
    2x15

Straight Bar Skull Crusher
    3x105*5

Cambered Bar Pressdown
    Stack *8
    Stack +10*6
    Stack +15*4

DB Curl
    3x50s*5

CG Cable Curl
    100*8
    110*6
    120*4

Toes To Bar
    3x10

Decline Situp (old school style)
    3xBW+25*8 (holy hell hard...)

Cable Crunch (tricep station)
    3x100*12

Seated Calf Raise
    3x3p+10*6

Cardio
    none

Diet
    dunno... trying to be conservative but it may end up a cheat day lol

Notes
    gonna keep this brief but i just wanna say that FINALLY BROKE TRIPLE DIGITS ON DB PRESS!!!... whats now sad is I can DB press more than i can BB press lol. the rest of any kind of update can wait til tomorrow. i'm gonna record a v-log on the drive back to TN. was lookin good this morning in the gym too lol... anyway, stay tuned for some tired rambling in the car!