cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Who gets the Smith Machine?

So my gym doesnt even have a squat rack. All they have is a smith machine. Reluctantly, I use it, I'm on the SS program by the way. So ive been increasin my weight by anywhere from 10-15 pounds.

Monday: 2x5x 225, 1x5x 220 (with bad form, not getting parallel)

So, I have a squat rack at my house but with my schedule I dont have time to come home but can go to the rack-less gym. ANYWAY, today I didn't have time to squat. So i go to work for 4hrs (i'm a waiter so im walking around) i get back my legs are achy and im exhausted and i decide im guna finish my workout at 10 o' clock. So I go out there put 225 on and do 3x5 like its nothing!!!!! keep in mind i'm not fresh at all like i am during regular workouts.

So my question is, is Smith machine actually more difficult to do more weight??
    The only thing i could come up with is, since ur doning such vertical form it isolates ur quads rather than being a true COMPOUND lift. Doing smith machine squats I feel a DEEP burn in my quads but nowhere else. With regular squats it works ur quads, glutes, hammies, and core and those muscles combined make u able to do more weight.
    Rebuilding.

HouFIT.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why not just do your workouts at home? If you gave time to go to the gym then go home, you have time to go home and workout.

cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjackson24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HouFIT.com View Post
    Why not just do your workouts at home? If you gave time to go to the gym then go home, you have time to go home and workout.
    Cuz of my schedule, I get out of school 1 1/2 hour early but then go back to pick up my gf so i have 1 1/2 hrs and the gym is literally a football field away from my school... plus i like the atmosphere of a gym, as oposed to my garage

BUT now that im on SS and workouts are fairly short, I could go home for squats and to the gym to finish the workout.. is that retarded?
    Rebuilding.

#1 Tire flip all the time deafbrah's Avatar
    deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    smith machine is great for your shoulders, traps, calves, and incline chest.

Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Smith squatters should die! :-P
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703993

Originally Posted by redjm View Post
    smith machine is great for your shoulders, traps, calves, and incline chest.
    haha i would say only calves..

Would squatting at my house and then continuing my workout 15-20 min later at the gym create any kind of problems? Im not familiar with hormone levels or w.e kind of negative implications take a 20 min break in ur workout can have.
    Rebuilding.

MikeDunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in the same situation in regards to only being able to use the smiths for squats. I don't like the control you lose with standing position etc. I can still feel it in my glutes etc tho, hopefully my gym will get a rack soon.

human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) human_diode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doesn't really answer your question but you could replace the smith with a bench and dumbells, for instance bulgarian squats etc

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cbjackson24 View Post

Would squatting at my house and then continuing my workout 15-20 min later at the gym create any kind of problems? Im not familiar with hormone levels or w.e kind of negative implications take a 20 min break in ur workout can have.
    um... why would that create any problems? why don't you just do leg day at home if you're got a rack? i would.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To answer your question op, IMO, the smith is more difficult for certain exercises, eg: bench, squats. I only use it for traps. Shrugs are a fairly short motion and the weights mostly move in a straight line, whereas bench, squats and other movements are very long rom"s and the weight does not stay straight at all, I believe this makes those lifts harder on a smith. When I was having my back problems I thought I would do squats on the smith, it was very awkward and I couldnt do near the same weight.

MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by human_diode View Post
    Doesn't really answer your question but you could replace the smith with a bench and dumbells, for instance bulgarian squats etc
    Not for Starting Strength. I like Split Squats and do them as assistance work. But, they aren't good for Starting Strength.

That would be fine. I'd actually do my entire workout in the cage at your house. You can bench in the cage by putting the bench inside and setting the rails to the bottom position. But, I can understand why you prefer the gym atmosphere.

Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    um... why would that create any problems? why don't you just do leg day at home if you're got a rack? i would.
    Everyday is Leg Day in Starting Strength!

From a standpoint of what is more effective its going to be far better stay away from the smith machine. I've never found the smith machine to be harder, but I've found it to be awkward as hell. But, I haven't done a lot of squatting in a smith machine so you may be right about it being more difficult. I find bench press to be far, far easier in a smith machine. But, It reinforces bad mechanics. I'd stay away from them.
    Last edited by chaddukes; 11-12-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Originally Posted by chaddukes View Post
    That would be fine. I'd actually do my entire workout in the cage at your house. You can bench in the cage by putting the bench inside and setting the rails to the bottom position. But, I can understand why you prefer the gym atmosphere.

From a standpoint of what is more effective its going to be far better stay away from the smith machine. I've never found the smith machine to be harder, but I've found it to be awkward as hell. But, I haven't done a lot of squatting in a smith machine so you may be right about it being more difficult. I find bench press to be far, far easier in a smith machine. But, It reinforces bad mechanics. I'd stay away from them.
    Yeah thanks, I've decided to stay away from the smith machine. Im guna come home to do squats, it would make more sense to do my whole workout here but I just like going to the gym and the atmosphere.

Thanks for all the help man. I must spread reputation aroun before giving it to Chaddukes again. hahah I wont forget tho.
    Last edited by cbjackson24; 11-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    Rebuilding.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    Smith squatters should die! :-P
    your ignorant.

smith machine squats are a great way to break up your routine from regular squats. I do them around every 6th squat w/o. today i did them wide stance after hacks and regular squats.

MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    your ignorant.

smith machine squats are a great way to break up your routine from regular squats. I do them around every 6th squat w/o. today i did them wide stance after hacks and regular squats.
    Why would you intentionally do smith machine squats?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodybuilders enjoy the Smith machine due to its ability to maximize activation while minimizing interference from supporting musculature.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Truth fears no questions FlexinMike's Avatar
    FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think the smith machine is great for close grip bench presses,beginners at squats,upright rows, and the occasional heavy presses when you do not have a spotter around.
    I thought I was strong till I watched my wife fight through GBS.I could only dream to have as much strength and will power as her!

Co-owner of Flex N Style™

dat dere stick insect noflyingcars's Avatar
    noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Bodybuilders enjoy the Smith machine due to its ability to maximize activation while minimizing interference from supporting musculature.
    Translation?
    Getting a big ass without acquiring real strenght?

Registered User SmithMachineGuy's Avatar
    SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The Smith Machine is the best piece of equipment ever. Some people don't like it, but they probably have not yet achieved the required levels of awesomeness to understand the Smith Machine. In fact, you can work out your entire body without ever leaving the Smith Machine.

Pull ups for the back by placing the bar up high.
    Chin ups for the biceps.
    Bench Presses for the Chest.
    Shoulder presses.
    Shrugs for the traps.
    Leg Presses for the legs.
    Dead Lifts.
    Squats for the legs.
    Calf raises.
    Then set the bench on a decline and do some abs.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The only thing i could come up with is, since ur doning such vertical form it isolates ur quads rather than being a true COMPOUND lift. Doing smith machine squats I feel a DEEP burn in my quads but nowhere else. With regular squats it works ur quads, glutes, hammies, and core and those muscles combined make u able to do more weight.
    You've gotten it figured out, my man.

As for comparing the weight on a Smith machine vs a BB, you really can't because 1) the starting weight and couter weight on each is different 2) they are really just different exercises - thus it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

All the best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SmithMachineGuy View Post
    The Smith Machine is the best piece of equipment ever. Some people don't like it, but they probably have not yet achieved the required levels of awesomeness to understand the Smith Machine. In fact, you can work out your entire body without ever leaving the Smith Machine.

Pull ups for the back by placing the bar up high.
    Chin ups for the biceps.
    Bench Presses for the Chest.
    Shoulder presses.
    Shrugs for the traps.
    Leg Presses for the legs.
    Dead Lifts.
    Squats for the legs.
    Calf raises.
    Then set the bench on a decline and do some abs.
    Not sure if srs, if so youre the people I hate at my gym that will take the smith for 1hr+ doing a full body workout. My gym only has 2 smiths one of which is a pos, the other one is in high demand and people get on it and wont get off.

fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by chaddukes View Post
    Why would you intentionally do smith machine squats?
    To isolate your quads more I know a guy who ONLY does smith squats, and leg presses and has bigger legs than most who squat 'traditionally'. Barbell back squats are not the 'end all be all' leg developer, in fact they're quite lacking because there's not a direct focus on the quads. Barbell hack squats are another great direct quad isolator.
    Me Squatting 405X5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirPD1kKkuQ

This link might save your life.
    http://www.superhumanradio.com/rss/2009/SHR_Show_388.mp3

Originally Posted by SmithMachineGuy View Post
    The Smith Machine is the best piece of equipment ever. In fact, you can work out your entire body without ever leaving the Smith Machine.

Dead Lifts.
    Deadlifts on a smith machine? Really? The vertical motion would kill my back!

I'd never recommend that!

Originally Posted by fmrmarineinbiz View Post
    Barbell back squats are not the 'end all be all' leg developer, in fact they're quite lacking because there's not a direct focus on the quads.
    No, I agree with you there. Squats are great whole body lifts, but they aren't able to overload the quads as much as some other exercises are. I understand that. I just wasn't aware that the smith machine put more emphasis on the quads. It's so awkward for me that I'd probably never try it. I'll stick to some other lifts for putting more emphasis on the quads.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by noflyingcars View Post
    Translation?
    Getting a big ass without acquiring real strenght?
    Absolutely not.

Your translation skills need significant work.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

dat dere stick insect noflyingcars's Avatar
    noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Absolutely not.

Your translation skills need significant work.
    Oh well, here people are boasting the smith machine because it can work out the quads only. Having huge quads and the rest of the leg/glutes lagging behind is a dangerous muscle imbalance, imho.

gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i find the smith machine is great for shoulders, i have gotten great gains from the smith machine shoulder press

MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000)

So, I have a squat rack at my house but with my schedule I dont have time to come home but can go to the rack-less gym. ANYWAY, today I didn't have time to squat. So i go to work for 4hrs (i'm a waiter so im walking around) i get back my legs are achy and im exhausted and i decide im guna finish my workout at 10 o' clock. So I go out there put 225 on and do 3x5 like its nothing!!!!! keep in mind i'm not fresh at all like i am during regular workouts.
    This whole piece of information is useless
    Last edited by MikeD4386; 11-13-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Registered User SmithMachineGuy's Avatar
    SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JBrook View Post
    Not sure if srs, if so youre the people I hate at my gym that will take the smith for 1hr+ doing a full body workout. My gym only has 2 smiths one of which is a pos, the other one is in high demand and people get on it and wont get off.
    Don't worry. My Smith Machine is at my house!
    Yeah, monopolizing one piece of equipment at the gym is inconsiderate.

BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sometimes I feel smith machines can be harder to squat on because it changes your body's natural line of movement off and you can not create the proper leverage and body mechanics that were intended in a natural range of motion.

I dont understand why so many people diss smith machines and other machines for any matter of fact. Machines can be a great tool in overloading a specific muscle with more weight. I make some of my greatest strength gains on barbell movements when roughly half of my workout exercises are machines. Why, because
    If your body already has the "stability" it needs to lift heavier weights than you are currently capable of, then why not use machines to overload your specific muscle that needs more strengthening so you can lift as much weight as your stabilizing muscles allow in the following weeks.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I've done workouts where I've squatted as a separate entity. Do your squat workout in the morning on it's own, then hit the rest of the stuff later in the day. I'm not sure what SS is, though, and how that would fit into that program.