My Body, My Temple. MANOSTEEL00's Avatar
    MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000) MANOSTEEL00 is just really nice. (+1000)

What to eat while at the office?

I work long hours, usually 7 - 6 PM and get ridiculously hungry towards the end of the day since I take a 11AM lunch.

I've looked into eating a couple lean cuisines a day but it really doesn't seem like the best idea in the world.

Could anyone give me some advice? I used to cook chicken every Sunday and bring in a couple chicken breasts....but I don't think you should be refridgerating it for over 3 days.

So, I'm stuck in the position where I would need to prepare two meals a day for work...I guess. I'm looking for something relatively easy to do and was hoping you all could help me out.

Thanks!

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pack tupperwares in a cooler! Drain some cans of tuna and have one for a day along with your favorite veggie, brown rice, etc...

I personally keep my chicken for longer than I probably should, but I cut them up and throw them in tupperware for when I'm at work.

Almonds are a great thing to have on hand when you need something in you.

How about some sandwiches on your favorite bread? I take ezekiel with me daily.

The options are out there.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Registered User HeartlessTinMan's Avatar
    HeartlessTinMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartlessTinMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartlessTinMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartlessTinMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work 11-10pm
    I bought a 3 part stackable lunchbox and cook 1/2 cup of rice and 3 chicken breast. Add some greens (brocolli for me) and eat every 2 hours. It's like a tiny meal. Plus I bring peanut butter and sometimes almonds.

IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not really sure what you need help with. Since you were considering tv dinners, it sounds like you have both a fridge/freezer and a microwave available, as well as the opportunity to stop and heat something up during the day. Knowing that, it seems to me like you have tons and tons of options!

Get some Tupperware and cook up your favorite foods at home the night before (or cook in advance every 2-3 days). There's thousands of options for meals you could easily heat up while at work. Chicken and rice, steak and a potatoes, etc. Or how about meals you don't have to heat up? Turkey sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs, a salad with chicken on top (dressing on the side, add it right before you eat), almonds, bananas, apples, etc. What about protein powder? Take a bb.com shaker and before work just put ground oats and protein powder in it. Sometime during the day just go over to a water cooler and add water to the shaker, close the lid, shake it, and drink.

I'm sorry, I may be misunderstanding your questions. I'm not sure what the problem is though. It sounds like (and correct me if I'm wrong please) you work in an environment where they'll give you some freedom and opportunity to do eat almost anything you can prepare at the house. So you have a lot of options.

Let me know if I misunderstood something and/or if there is something specific you need help with. Also, might want to just look on the main website (www.bodybuilding.com) for some meal ideas, if that's all you need. There are a bunch of good articles over there for recipes and quick, easy-to-prepare meals.

loki2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep nuts in your desk, and healthy food in the fridge.

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MANOSTEEL00 View Post
    a couple chicken breasts....but I don't think you should be refridgerating it for over 3 days.
    I keep my grilled chicken breasts refrigerated for 7 days. You could also keep the first three days worth in the fridge and put the rest in the freezer until the day before you need them.

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try to freeze the cooked chicken and on the day that you will eat it, Microwave them in the office if you have or microwave it before you go to the office and pack them in tupperwares and with some bread and some tuna, salad whatever you can bring. Some healthy fruits.

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..

mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm at work from 9am-5:30-6
    I bring cottage cheese
    protein shake
    oatmeal with ANPB
    Egg salad on a flatout wrap
    Tuna on a flatout wrap
    beef jerky
    HB eggs
    These are just mini meals. I also bring lunch.
    *~Desire, Discipline and Determination, create unstoppable possibilities!~

HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually pack a spinich salad with grilled chicken breast for lunch, then a couple little containers of chopped of veggies that I eat with my protein shakes for snacks.

Also, because I have to do runs into the field periodically, I keep a case of pre-made protein shakes in my office.

At least one day a week I do something different for lunch though to shake things up, like making some chicken or tuna salad, or bringing in some leftovers from the previous nights dinner.

It's a logistics problem, and it takes a little planning, but its not too hard to get around.

kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)
    i've been cooking a week supply of chicken on sundays and leaving them in the fridge.

i'm still alive
    Rep Back 1k+ ....just sayin

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HullBreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kamjah View Post
    i've been cooking a week supply of chicken on sundays and leaving them in the fridge.

i'm still alive
    Any change to flavor/texture by friday?

aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10) aheineken is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here are some of my typical "office foods"

Peanut butter
    Nuts
    String cheese
    Apples and oranges
    Homemade protein bars/cookies
    Celery
    Packaged tuna/salmon
    Starting weight: 225lbs (January 2007)
    Current weight: 178lbs (5/16/09)

Stuck at ~10-11% BF for 2 months. Starting carb cycling on June 1st to try to break through that plateau.

Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MANOSTEEL00 View Post
    I work long hours, usually 7 - 6 PM and get ridiculously hungry towards the end of the day since I take a 11AM lunch.

I've looked into eating a couple lean cuisines a day but it really doesn't seem like the best idea in the world.

Could anyone give me some advice? I used to cook chicken every Sunday and bring in a couple chicken breasts....but I don't think you should be refridgerating it for over 3 days.

So, I'm stuck in the position where I would need to prepare two meals a day for work...I guess. I'm looking for something relatively easy to do and was hoping you all could help me out.

Thanks!
    Didn't have time to read all the responses so this may be redundant. I keep the following on hand at work:

- Whey protein powder
    - Old fashioned oats
    - Natural peanut butter
    - Natural almonds
    - Protein bars

This enables me to eat in between meals. You can mix oats, whey and peanut butter for a tasty and healthy snack.

Hope that helps.

Actual:

September 1, 2008: 170 lbs and 15% bf

December 31, 2008: 190 lbs and 18% bf

April 30, 2009: 165 lbs and 11% bf

Goals:

June 23, 2009: 155 lbs and 9% bf

July 2009 = Maintenance phase

August 2009 to December 2009 = Bulking

January 2010 to May 2010 = Cutting

fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatchops51 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kamjah View Post

i'm still alive
    same here
    I rep back
    ----------------------
    3/29: 289.8
    4/05: 286.2
    4/12: 282.2
    4/19: 279.6
    4/26: 278.8
    5/03: 276.6
    5/09: 275.4
    5/20: 272.2
    6/01: 270.4

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fatchops51 View Post
    same here
    Ditto. Also I wouldn't recommend cooking them 2 weeks in advance, even if you keep half frozen for a week (didn't get sick but they didn't smell too fresh.)

kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HullBreach View Post
    Any change to flavor/texture by friday?
    no not really. i douse my meat/vegetables in sriracha, so that's what it tastes like
    Rep Back 1k+ ....just sayin

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Typical List of stuff I bring into office

yoplait 100 cal lowfat yogurts

Nonfat Cottage Cheese

Sandwich, Milton's Whole Grain Bread, Mustard, and then either a lowfat turkey or chicken the kind with no preservatives from the deli, also tuna or canned chicken with 1tbl of fat free miracle whip

Dennisions 99% fat free chili-super high in protein and fiber (probably high in sodium too but I don't worry too much about that)

Hard Boiled Eggs

Sniders Pretzel Bites

Apples
    Orange
    Banana or other fresh fruit

also mix up a whey shake for after workout right before I leave the office for the day

Strength and Honor! MarineVette's Avatar
    MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarineVette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use the following (I work 8-5:30 4 days a week and 4 hours on Fridays):

fat free yogurt, fat free cottage cheese, fresh fruit (I avoid anything with High Fructose corn syrup like the yoplaits)
    skim milk, protein powder
    harboiled eggs
    turkey
    chicken breasts
    spring mix, chopped peppers, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil and balsalmic vinegar
    whole wheat pitas
    tuna w fat free mayo or fat free cream sheese
    smoked salmon
    fruit: kiwi, blackberries, bananas, apple, tangelo, pineapple
    nuts: roasted unsalted pistachios, cashews, macadameias, almonds

I've dropped all the dairy as even the skim and fatfree stuff gives me a gut and have lost 5lbs since doing so 2 weeks ago.

jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

the yoplaits

I agree about the high sugar, for me they work ok, because they are pretty much the first thing I eat in the morning, so not to concerned with the sugar that early, as long as they work in calorically I don't sweat it too much.

What i have always found when cutting/dieting you tend to gravitate toward protien and whole grains anyway, too many simple sugars and you don't get full my wife can be on the same calorie diet as me and be starving because of weakness towards sugar products

SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I boil eggs on Sunday night, take them to work in a Rubbermade container and they are fine all week. I would do the same with chicken but I would be sick of chicken after five days. I also keep cans of tuna in the cabinet but try not to eat it for mid-morning/afternoon snacks.
    12/23/08 - 279
    12/31/09 - 243
    01/13/10 - 250

Yeah, that's a real gun in that gun rack...No, I don't have a permit for it
    Do you have a permit to ask stupid questions like that...Trace Atkins

pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I scramble eggs and take them to work in a tupperware. Chicken breasts, lunch meat, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, jerky, whey powder, and protein bars are usually the easiest for me. I haven't had a problem with chicken breasts going bad after 5 or 6 days in the fridge but they do get old after 5 days in a row. I switch it up to top round roast, turkey or something else after 3 days and freeze any unused leftovers.

csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10) csbrown147 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I usually just bring tuna and mix in mustard, relish and a couple of boiled eggs, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, walnuts and protein shakes. That will get me through the day.