Page 23 of 112 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast
    TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Daily Motivator
    January 12, 2010

Reasons to persevere
    The same effort spent looking for excuses to quit could instead be used to keep reminding yourself of your reasons to keep going. Don't fight against your own best interests. Instead, let your thoughts support your ambitions.

If you're going to put forth the mental effort to justify and rationalize a course of action, then by all means make the case for your own success and achievement. Keep on convincing yourself of the value of your goals, and you'll keep on doing what is necessary to reach them.

Deciding to persevere is no more difficult than deciding to quit. And when you decide to keep pressing forward, the rewards are infinitely greater than if you had decided to give up.

Be your own biggest supporter. Use the strength of your thoughts to continually encourage your own positive, productive actions.
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Daily Motivator
    January 13, 2010

Miraculous
    Every moment is a miracle. Though we often take this world and this life for granted, the fact is that we exist, experience and even thrive against unimaginable odds.

You're already a winner because you are here today, living and breathing, capable of making decisions, thinking thoughts, taking action and accomplishing great things. A whole miraculous universe is available to you here in this moment.

Those people who are able to tap into just a fraction of their potential enjoy stunning levels of success and achievement. Imagine what would happen if you were to do the same, right now.

Though you've made mistakes, though others may have hurt you, though you may be weary and filled with regret, still this life is full of positive possibilities for you. Step back for a moment and look at the whole picture. Consider the boundless magnitude of your good fortune. Live every moment as if it were the most miraculous thing you could ever imagine, because it is.
    M O O N spells LBM

floridaboy123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats good stuff to start the day with, Today is a gift from god thats why its called the present, taking time to count my blessings

Daily Motivator
    January 14, 2010

While you have it
    You have exactly one opportunity to make today the best it can be. Once the day is over, you've either made the most of it or you haven't. You've either made use of it while it was here or you've let it slip away.

One day may not seem like much. After all, there will be others. But unless you respect and value each day as it comes along, even enough days to last a dozen lifetimes would be of little use.

Today is yours right now. Use it to get things done. Use it to make a positive difference. Use it to change your momentum for the better, or to maintain the forward direction you've already established. There are plenty of things to do. You know what they are. Today is here for you to use.

The most gnawing regrets are for things not done, for actions not taken, for opportunities not acted upon. Don't set yourself up for regret today. Get busy! Use it while you have it, and tomorrow will be even brighter.
    M O O N spells LBM

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I was thinking this yesterday.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheLBM View Post
    Daily Motivator
    January 14, 2010

While you have it
    You have exactly one opportunity to make today the best it can be. Once the day is over, you've either made the most of it or you haven't. You've either made use of it while it was here or you've let it slip away.

One day may not seem like much. After all, there will be others. But unless you respect and value each day as it comes along, even enough days to last a dozen lifetimes would be of little use.

Today is yours right now. Use it to get things done. Use it to make a positive difference. Use it to change your momentum for the better, or to maintain the forward direction you've already established. There are plenty of things to do. You know what they are. Today is here for you to use.

The most gnawing regrets are for things not done, for actions not taken, for opportunities not acted upon. Don't set yourself up for regret today. Get busy! Use it while you have it, and tomorrow will be even brighter.
    ^^^ words to live by

I start my new job tomorrow and there will be NO regrets!

Originally Posted by HC View Post
    ^^^ words to live by

I did not know you had a new job. WOOT for you!!!!!!!!!!
    M O O N spells LBM

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ^^^ words to live by

OMG, OMG, OMG! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, LADY?!?!?!?!?! PM me immediately.

<Sorry for the hijack, Den>

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    <Sorry for the hijack, Den>
    No problem girl. This is the only thread i ever see her in, so I dont blame you.
    But she did not respond to my message, so i kinda figure she is teh gone.
    She is quite the Ninja,, ya know
    M O O N spells LBM

No problem girl. This is the only thread i ever see her in, so I dont blame you.
    But she did not respond to my message, so i kinda figure she is teh gone.
    She is quite the Ninja,, ya know
    Simpy is . I miss HC.

Daily Motivator
    January 15, 2010

Getting your way
    Is the desire to get your way, actually getting in your way?

Often we're so obsessed with getting our way, that we miss out on the good things that life has to offer. We whine and complain about insignificant details, and life just passes by without us. We might win the battle of the moment, but in the long run we lose.

Happiness is not defined by always getting your way. Sure, you have things you want to accomplish, things you want to have, things you want to be. But remember, fulfillment does not always come where we expect to find it. The things we desire will come, though not necessarily in the ways we anticipate.

Don't be so obsessed with getting your way, that you lose the opportunity to have what you really want.
    M O O N spells LBM

user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Daily Motivator
    January 15, 2010

Getting your way
    Is the desire to get your way, actually getting in your way?

Often we're so obsessed with getting our way, that we miss out on the good things that life has to offer. We whine and complain about insignificant details, and life just passes by without us. We might win the battle of the moment, but in the long run we lose.

Happiness is not defined by always getting your way. Sure, you have things you want to accomplish, things you want to have, things you want to be. But remember, fulfillment does not always come where we expect to find it. The things we desire will come, though not necessarily in the ways we anticipate.

Don't be so obsessed with getting your way, that you lose the opportunity to have what you really want.
    really need this this morning,going to see my attorney
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever
    "Forged in Iron...Built to Destroy"

"To survive war......you've gotta become war"....John Rambo

Visit my journal......http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121852841

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This says it all. It also makes a good tag line.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    Simpy is . I miss HC.
    Awww shucks I miss you too! I sent you a PM. Haven't been around, crappy year. Company bankrupt, spent whole year in fear of losing job and planning how I was going to support my family while looking for work in a **** economy (not to mention michigan) without losing my house, my retirement and my mind!

I got oficially laid off on jan 8th. But I had an excellent job offer (with a raise!) Handed to me on new years eve (what a great end to a bad year) and my first day was yesterday!

I get my new PC on monday - I should be here more, now that the job situation has stablized, time to train again. I will be staring a log

Sorry to be OT Den - but this thread helped a lot this past year even if I didn't post much.

So glad the chaos is over.

Cheers!

Awww shucks I miss you too! I sent you a PM. Haven't been around, crappy year. Company bankrupt, spent whole year in fear of losing job and planning how I was going to support my family while looking for work in a **** economy (not to mention michigan) without losing my house, my retirement and my mind!

I got oficially laid off on jan 8th. But I had an excellent job offer (with a raise!) Handed to me on new years eve (what a great end to a bad year) and my first day was yesterday!

I get my new PC on monday - I should be here more, now that the job situation has stablized, time to train again. I will be staring a log

Sorry to be OT Den - but this thread helped a lot this past year even if I didn't post much.

Cheers!
    WOW,,, thanks for the update. Some of us were wondering about you.
    Dont apologize for OT,, as this thread is for encouragement, in every form.
    M O O N spells LBM

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cheers!
    WOOT!!!!!! Good news at last, glad to hear it all worked out and the chaos is over.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

WOW,,, thanks for the update. Some of us were wondering about you.
    Dont apologize for OT,, as this thread is for encouragement, in every form.
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    WOOT!!!!!! Good news at last, glad to hear it all worked out and the chaos is over.
    Thanks. I learned a lot this year - especially about taking things for granted...life will be better for it.

I will start a journal when I get my new work PC (tired of hijacking the kids PCs) - the stessful year took it's toll on my condition and I plan to fix that starting NOW!

Daily Motivator
    January 18, 2010

Perspective
    Look up at the stars on a clear night. You are not looking at some illusion. They are really there. The vast magnificence of the universe is not "out there," it is real and it is here. You are right in the middle of it.

Though your problems of the moment may seem overwhelming, stop and ask yourself, "Compared to what?" Consider that the sun will rise tomorrow. The seasons will continue to change. The light from distant stars will continue to stream across the vast reaches of space, to sparkle before your eyes.

Are your challenges really insurmountable? If they seem to be, then enlarge your perspective. You have plenty of room to do that. You have an entire universe against which to consider those challenges. Back off far enough, and they will appear very tiny. Look at a big enough picture, and you'll find the courage, energy and inspiration to move on through those seemingly overwhelming problems.
    M O O N spells LBM

user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks LBM...great one for today

<------- living proof

Insurmountable challenges? Yes some times they appear to be but I have recently learned exactly what u posted - if you look at the big picture u can see it's mearly a bump in the road, that perspective enabled me to plan around the bumps.

Thanks Den.

Daily Motivator
    January 19, 2010

Unclog your mind
    A great way to keep your mind sharp and clear is to do things when they need to be done. When you think of something you must do, get to work on it as quickly as possible, and then continue working on it until it is finished.

Tasks which you put off until later, or which you start and then put off finishing, will have the effect of clogging your thoughts. If you regularly and consistently procrastinate, your mind will soon become so filled with thoughts of what needs to be done that there will be little room for anything else.

Clear out all those "need to dos" from your thinking by actually getting them done. Rather than worrying about them over and over again in your mind, do them once and be finished. Free your mind to recognize new opportunities, to develop new insights and to focus clearly on the business at hand.
    M O O N spells LBM

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Daily Motivator
    January 19, 2010

Unclog your mind
    A great way to keep your mind sharp and clear is to do things when they need to be done. When you think of something you must do, get to work on it as quickly as possible, and then continue working on it until it is finished.

Tasks which you put off until later, or which you start and then put off finishing, will have the effect of clogging your thoughts. If you regularly and consistently procrastinate, your mind will soon become so filled with thoughts of what needs to be done that there will be little room for anything else.

Clear out all those "need to dos" from your thinking by actually getting them done. Rather than worrying about them over and over again in your mind, do them once and be finished. Free your mind to recognize new opportunities, to develop new insights and to focus clearly on the business at hand.
    I thought it was water in my ear

True words D!
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Funny that you wrote this today. I filled out a procrastination worksheet yesterday about some things I just haven't been motivated to do at work and in my personal life.

Thumbs up

Daily Motivator
    January 20, 2010

Give What You've Got
    Do you want to really feel great? Then give your encouragement to someone else. You'll find it impossible to be discouraged after putting so much energy into encouraging another.

Do you wish to be wealthy? Then find a way of adding wealth to the lives of others. Do you wish to be loved? Then give your love to another. Would you like to be more respected? Then show more respect for others.

Can a bright, shining light focus on itself? Of course not. Light has no meaning unless there is something to illuminate. In the same way, you have plenty of energy and overwhelming abundance, yet these only become evident, only become useful, when they're radiated outward.

Send your energy outward, where it will truly do some good. Shine your light on others and it will, in turn, make you glow. Life will reward you precisely to the extent that you express yourself, in your own unique way, to the world. Give what you've got and you'll get whatever you desire.
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    January 20, 2010

Give What You've Got
    Do you want to really feel great? Then give your encouragement to someone else. You'll find it impossible to be discouraged after putting so much energy into encouraging another.

Do you wish to be wealthy? Then find a way of adding wealth to the lives of others. Do you wish to be loved? Then give your love to another. Would you like to be more respected? Then show more respect for others.

Can a bright, shining light focus on itself? Of course not. Light has no meaning unless there is something to illuminate. In the same way, you have plenty of energy and overwhelming abundance, yet these only become evident, only become useful, when they're radiated outward.

Send your energy outward, where it will truly do some good. Shine your light on others and it will, in turn, make you glow. Life will reward you precisely to the extent that you express yourself, in your own unique way, to the world. Give what you've got and you'll get whatever you desire.
    its really ironic,becasue i got the same advice from a friend yesterday!!

Originally Posted by JoeyDoyle2 View Post
    its really ironic,becasue i got the same advice from a friend yesterday!!
    These motivators seem to really correspond to a lot of things people have going on in there lives.
    It is great advice IMO.
    M O O N spells LBM

These motivators seem to really correspond to a lot of things people have going on in there lives.
    It is great advice IMO.
    absolutley true man!!!

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

It is great advice IMO.
    i read them everyday
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    i read them everyday
    That is what they are here for

Daily Motivator
    January 21, 2010

Real winners
    A real winner is someone who can accept defeat graciously. A real winner does not plan to lose or aim to lose, and yet when the loss comes a real winner does not waste time on anger, complaints or blame.

A real winner finds value and learning even in defeat, then goes on to win a victory which outshines all the setbacks along the way. You can recognize a real winner by the way he acts when things don't go his way. You can spot a real winner by her positive, winning attitude even in the midst of defeat.

Even cowards can look strong when things are going in their favor. True winners show their strength regardless of the circumstances. Those who are willing to accept defeat when it comes in spite of their best efforts, are the ones who ultimately can claim true victory.
    M O O N spells LBM

That is what they are here for

Daily Motivator
    January 21, 2010

Real winners
    A real winner is someone who can accept defeat graciously. A real winner does not plan to lose or aim to lose, and yet when the loss comes a real winner does not waste time on anger, complaints or blame.

A real winner finds value and learning even in defeat, then goes on to win a victory which outshines all the setbacks along the way. You can recognize a real winner by the way he acts when things don't go his way. You can spot a real winner by her positive, winning attitude even in the midst of defeat.

Even cowards can look strong when things are going in their favor. True winners show their strength regardless of the circumstances. Those who are willing to accept defeat when it comes in spite of their best efforts, are the ones who ultimately can claim true victory.

omg this is so good.

always make lemonade from lemons.