olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some diet assistance

Hi all new old guy here.

I have been training most of my life, retired military and was always fortunate enough to not really have to be strict with diet. I was always in the strike zone were abit extra cardio would get me summer ready. Well I had rotator cuff surgery, moved from florida to Missouri for work and a combination of not wanting to leave the house and not training added a good 20lbs of flab...so little extra cardio isn't going to cut it lol.

Stats...49, 245, bf if I had to guess is 15ish percent.

Like previously stated ive never had to diet to maintain a lean body....but things have changed, and I need an education lol.

here's basically what im eating now if anyone can look at it and steer me in the right direction for fat loss id greatly appreciate it.

meals:

1 cup of oats, 2 hard boiled eggs(whites only), 3 slices turkey bacon

2 whey protein shake, celery stalk with peanut butter.

3 chicken breast and asparagus

4 protein shake and vegies, broccoli ect smallish green salad

5 lean steak, sweet potato, veg

6 smoked turkey snack or home made jerkey

7 protein shake.

this was what I had today...water only to drink---

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First off, I rather doubt you are at 15% bodyfat. That's more or less where I am. If you are 15% at 245 lbs, you certainly don't need any advice from me!

I found that lifting hard and eating at a slight deficit resulted in steady, easy weight loss.

But you can't lose weight until you know how many calories you are eating! You need to weigh your portions to know what is going in your mouth. Otherwise it's all guess work. Once you know what you are consuming, you can adjust it to meet your goals.

Not to take Ironwill's place, but to quote him:

Use this simple-to-apply rule-of-thumb to fill your daily calorie/macro totals:

*1 gram of protein per pound of body weight (4 calories per gram)

*1/2 gram of fat per pound of body weight (9 calories per gram)

*Remainder of daily calorie requirement can then be made up of carbs, more protein, more fat, or any combination of the three that you enjoy.

You should also check out these threads in the nutrition section first, then spend some time there:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by olddudesrule View Post
    Hi all new old guy here.

I have been training most of my life, retired military and was always fortunate enough to not really have to be strict with diet. I was always in the strike zone were abit extra cardio would get me summer ready. Well I had rotator cuff surgery, moved from florida to Missouri for work and a combination of not wanting to leave the house and not training added a good 20lbs of flab...so little extra cardio isn't going to cut it lol.

Like previously stated ive never had to diet to maintain a lean body....but things have changed, and I need an education lol.

here's basically what im eating now if anyone can look at it and steer me in the right direction for fat loss id greatly appreciate it.

meals:

7 protein shake.

How many calories are you eating each day? And do you know what is your recommended daily calorie intake for fat loss?
    FREE Peak Physique Report for making those gains faster than most people. Check it out below.

http://www.peakdesire.com/peakphysiquereport

10 Ways To Build More Muscle Than Your Friends. Link below :)

http://www.peakdesire.com/10-ways-build-muscle-friends/

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by olddudesrule View Post
    Hi all new old guy here.

meals:

7 protein shake.

This doesn't add up, OP.

If you want advice, post a couple of pics of your current condition.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) olddudesrule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well my bf is 21 went to a local place and had it measured, so a pinch off (-: That said I got a solid diet from a trainer/nutrionist so hopefuly in 6 months or so I can be back to me...