Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whats the diff??

Just a quick ?.What is the diff between pull ups and pulldowns?What diff muscles does it work?TIA,Hog
    Why do I do this, live with the constant pain, the suffering, the sacrifice? Why? Because I can. Because pain tells me I?m awake. Reminds me I?m alive. Who am I? I am the wrecker of steel. I am the crusher of mediocrity. I am the face of destiny. I am................... Chaos

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Pullups are better, althought they both work similar muscles. Go with pullups, its a lost art.

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
    Just a quick ?.What is the diff between pull ups and pulldowns?What diff muscles does it work?TIA,Hog
    It all depends on what grip you use, if you are doing pull-downs behind or in front of the head etc...

They use a lot of very similar muscles, but I'm a big fan of exercises where the whole body moves and the hands or feet stay fixed as opposed to the other way around. I typically do pull-ups with a wide grip, and then I'll do some narrow grip underhanded pull-downs.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogwash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was looking at an old article in MD and Gustavo had a back work out like this.
    Chin-up(wide grip)
    Deads
    BB-rows
    Seated cable rows(V-bar)
    Front cable pulldowns(wide grip)
    Close grip cable pulldowns(v-bar)
    Underhand-grip pulldowns

I think this should work.What do u guys think?
    Why do I do this, live with the constant pain, the suffering, the sacrifice? Why? Because I can. Because pain tells me I?m awake. Reminds me I?m alive. Who am I? I am the wrecker of steel. I am the crusher of mediocrity. I am the face of destiny. I am................... Chaos

Bigger than Darklight The Real Deal's Avatar
    The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you'll die.

Stimulate not annihilate

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post
    Pullups are better, althought they both work similar muscles. Go with pullups, its a lost art.
    I think pulldowns are just as good if you use more weight, Quasimodo did pulldowns.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post

Chins use more neural energy than pulldowns.

Chins will give you better size results.

Pulldowns are good also, just not as good as chins for pure size.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    This doesn't make any sense. 'Neural energy'? Wtf. Whatever is heavier makes more size. Your bodyweight+added for the chin, or the effective weight of the pulldown weight with any possible pulley mechanisms taken into account.

Why don't people actually try and figure out the differences? For one, I think you might be able to get a better stretch on a pullup bar because with a lat pulldown, you might not have to since you do need to be able to grab it after sitting down. Or that there might be some slight difference in the arc you pull in between the two since in a pullup your knees usually point more down whereas in the pulldown they're more forward since you're sitting.

Originally Posted by The Real Deal View Post
    I think you'll die.

Stimulate not annihilate
    I almost do the same thing now or have in the past.Just not the BB rows,but I have done them.ive done deads,other then that ive done them all,just not all of them in the same work out.Thanks for the info though.I'm not thrashing you.But I do apprectiate your info.Hog

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your questions already been answered, but just to add- since pulldowns allow you to lock your legs in, you can pile on more weight, which is usefull if you dont have access to a belt for your chins.
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

I just don't know anymore MoGeaYuglay's Avatar
    MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    This doesn't make any sense. 'Neural energy'? Wtf. Whatever is heavier makes more size. Your bodyweight+added for the chin, or the effective weight of the pulldown weight with any possible pulley mechanisms taken into account.

Why don't people actually try and figure out the differences? For one, I think you might be able to get a better stretch on a pullup bar because with a lat pulldown, you might not have to since you do need to be able to grab it after sitting down. Or that there might be some slight difference in the arc you pull in between the two since in a pullup your knees usually point more down whereas in the pulldown they're more forward since you're sitting.
    Closed v. Open Chained exercises: Look them up.
    If you think you can, you will.
    If you think you can't, you're right.