mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ONe hand CLean and Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKHNdMA23ZQ

i see a deadlift (entire back , legs)
    i also see a military press (shoulders and upper chest)

IF this exercise is done correctly with very heavy weight ,DOes it work every single muscle in ur body?

all im asking is , Is it possible to build a good physique with just that exercise ?

plz dont answer me if u just read a couple of magazines , and workout with ur lil machines , THis is a serious questions and i want the real "power rats" to give me some advice ,

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mateostarks View Post

plz dont answer me if u just read a couple of magazines , and workout with ur lil machines , THis is a serious questions and i want the real "power rats" to give me some advice ,
    lol.
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKHNdMA23ZQ

i see a deadlift (entire back , legs)

IF this exercise is done correctly with very heavy weight ,DOes it work every single muscle in ur body?

all im asking is , Is it possible to build a good physique with just that exercise ?

no, it's a nice lift, good for some variety or if you'd like to show off how good your technique is but not a mainstay.

/thread
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^^^^^^^

what other exercise can i use with that dumbell exercise ? So it can be a full body workout

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looked at the video, thought we were talking 1-arm barbell clean&jerks, DB clean&jerk or KB clean&Jerks with one hand are actually a pretty good cardio workout, they're really good for endurance training, but if you're looking for size and strength not what you want to be working with (though would still be a good cardio suplement).

but to complement the DB clean&jerks you might do DB front squats.

- Stizzel

ok thanx repped

Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you jog while doing flexing double bi and lat spread you will work every muscle

Originally Posted by Huss! View Post
    if you jog while doing flexing double bi and lat spread you will work every muscle
    thanx kid

burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good point, there wasn't really a jerk in that video.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i too was expecting a one hand barbell clean & jerk, yet I got a dumbbell clean & press. Still an effective move, just was hoping for more. The song was good, I wouldn't mind finding it.

The clean & jerk or any variation of a clean and press, is a very good move for working many muscles in the body. If I had to choose just one exercise to ever perform, I'd be tossed between a deadlift and a clean & press variation. However, why would you want to limit yourself to just one move?
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    i too was expecting a one hand barbell clean & jerk, yet I got a dumbbell clean & press. Still an effective move, just was hoping for more. The song was good, I wouldn't mind finding it.

The clean & jerk or any variation of a clean and press, is a very good move for working many muscles in the body. If I had to choose just one exercise to ever perform, I'd be tossed between a deadlift and a clean & press variation. However, why would you want to limit yourself to just one move?

why not? it looks like it is the most natural move out there...

It looks like it works everything ,

Lets say the weight is 50 lbs , And u do 5 reps , 3 sets ...
    look at ur position , U start out from a Deadlift position , than u can bring the weight up , THat jerk right there just worked ur Entire BACK and legs, And when u bring the weight up u worked ur upper body , It is the king exercise....

Im talking about really heavy weight ,

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    why not? it looks like it is the most natural move out there...

It looks like it works everything ,

Lets say the weight is 50 lbs , And u do 5 reps , 3 sets ...
    look at ur position , U start out from a Deadlift position , than u can bring the weight up , THat jerk right there just worked ur Entire BACK and legs, And when u bring the weight up u worked ur upper body , It is the king exercise....

Im talking about really heavy weight ,
    as I said, it is a great move, and if you had to choose just ONE exercise to only do, it would be in the running for what move I choose.

However, using a weight that you can press overhead, does not stress the legs, and back much. It also minimally stress the chest, while pretty much neglecting the biceps.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    as I said, it is a great move, and if you had to choose just ONE exercise to only do, it would be in the running for what move I choose.

However, using a weight that you can press overhead, does not stress the legs, and back much. It also minimally stress the chest, while pretty much neglecting the biceps.
    NICE ! THAT WAS THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!

So i guess

my workout should consist

1)deadlift
    2)overhead press (one handed military press)

and thats it . (maybe ill do bench SOMETIMES)

2 exercises to built a physique ... Agreed?

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

2 exercises to built a physique ... Agreed?
    There is no point in restricting yourself to two exercises. You will be severely hampering your development.

A minimalist routine should center around squats, presses, deads, rows/cleans, and chins. That will cover the basics.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    There is no point in restricting yourself to two exercises. You will be severely hampering your development.

A minimalist routine should center around squats, presses, deads, rows/cleans, and chins. That will cover the basics.
    i agree with u , but i believe there is no point on doing squats , when heavy deadlifts work the legs.. Why would i do deadlifts that killed my legs than do squats right after? . That means i am putting alot of emphasis on my legs.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i agree with u , but i believe there is no point on doing squats , when heavy deadlifts work the legs.. Why would i do deadlifts that killed my legs than do squats right after? . That means i am putting alot of emphasis on my legs.
    You should be putting a lot of emphasis on your lower body, as that is where the bulk of your muscle mass is located.

Deadlifts are not equivelant to squats... in either the degree to which they work the lower body, or in the systemic effects that they have as a whole. They are also much more difficult to recover from and cannot be trained with the same frequency or at the same intensity as squats.

And yes.... you shouldn't be deadlifting, and THEN squatting, that's just poor sequencing.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

ok i understand thanx

burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Deadlifts neglect the adductors aswell.

Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    You should be putting a lot of emphasis on your lower body, as that is where the bulk of your muscle mass is located.

Deadlifts are not equivelant to squats... in either the degree to which they work the lower body, or in the systemic effects that they have as a whole. They are also much more difficult to recover from and cannot be trained with the same frequency or at the same intensity as squats.

And yes.... you shouldn't be deadlifting, and THEN squatting, that's just poor sequencing.
    depends, I like deadlifts then front squats, little different when you're doing back squats though.

- Stizzel

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are no cleans, nor any jerks in the vid posted

Just sayin'

newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post

Just sayin'
    x2
    Thank god somebody said it, I thought I was the only one who didn't see a clean and jerk.

Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post

Just sayin'
    what is it called ? lol

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    is it me or is the form just really really bad in that vid? terrible.

snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snowwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you are looking for just one movement that will work just about all the muscles than my money is on a full squat snatch from the floor. Snatch will work just about everything if you do it right. Learn the technique well, start with snatch stance bar stretch, snatch rotation, snatch press, snatch power pull, snatch grip deadlift, overhead shrug, overhead squat, snatch pull, drop snatch, slow speed snatch, and then move on to a half squat snatch from the floor, and finally to the king the full squat snatch from the floor. There is no shortcut to good snatch technique, you will have to practice all these moves until they become your second nature. Learn the proper snatch technique and be patient with it. All these snatch supporting movements should be easy to google, they are important, and you will find them useful even after you master the full squat snatch from the floor. Learn their ins and outs well, and start with an empty bar or even a broomstick when learning the technique, it's not an easy lift, but nothing worth anything is easy in life, it maybe simple, but it won't be easy. I think this is the one movement you're looking for. Not only will the snatch develop your muscles and strength, but it will develop your flexibility and balance as well. Snatch is an "explosive" movement, and it will enhance your speed as well. Give it a try.