breeze29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

for the formally sloppy, how long before you started seeing results?

Okay so I'm grinding... working my ass off in the gym. I've been at it for 3 and a half weeks now. For the first time ever, i found myself over 200 lbs (weighed in at 219 at just 6'). Six years ago I was 170 and under 15% bodyfat. I bought a scale last month that measures weight and bodyfat but the bodyfat measurements seem totally random (33% one day, 30% the next, 44% the day after that, etc.). Truthfully, I can't see any change yet. I'm doing cardio for 30-45 minutes 5-6 mornings weekly. I'm lifting weights Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays after work. Also doing the kickboxing classes at my gym one or two times a week but it's kicking my ass. For you guys who'd gotten sloppy like I've have, how long before you could really see the impact of your hard work.

These last three and a half weeks I've been refining my diet and supplements. I'm aiming for 6 meals a day, a few days I've only managed to get 5 but for the most part i'm on target. I had 2 cheat days in 3 and a half weeks. (had a beer one day. the other time i got buck wild and had pancakes for beakfast and fried fish w/ mac-n-cheese for dinner). Other than that, i've been really good tho. Besides drinking water constantly (and peeing all day), examples of my meals are as follows.

Breakfast:
    scrambled egg beaters and soy sausage and "veggie slice" or low fat cheese slice
    or
    a high fiber/low sugar cereal with soy milk b/c i'm mildly lactose intolerant (plain chereos, kashi, total raisin bran, fiber one) and Syntrax Innovations whey shake
    or
    soy sausage and lowfat cheese slice on whole wheat english muffin
    or grits w/ grilled talipia
    * always have a glass of o.j. for breakfast

Lunch:
    salmon salad with a light herb dressing
    or tuna steaks with brown rice or whole wheat couscous and a veggie
    or veggie burger on wheat bun w/ lettuce and tomatoe

Dinner:
    Grilled, broiled, barbecued or blackened fish or shrimp
    a green veggie or salad
    brown rice or couscous

Snacks
    myoplex bars
    muscle milk shakes
    tamari almonds
    albacore tuna and frozen microwave veggies

Supplements:
    Vitamin Shoppe Mens Sports multi
    Fish Oil capsules
    Vitamin C
    ECA Stack
    Kre-Alkalin Creatine capsules
    Saw Palmetto Berries (preventive medicine for prostrate health)
    Chromium tablets
    Syntrax Innovations Caribbean Nectar Whey

asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You will see the biggest results from losing body fat and not from lifting. Your diet looks ok but watch out for those snacks you list - the almonds especially pack on alot of calories if you are not careful. It all comes down to calories consumed vs calories burned. The faster you lose fat the faster you will see results. Shoot for 2 Lbs a week and increase the cardio to 60 minutes every day. If you arent losing weight then cut more calories until you start losing. Losing fat is tough but thats what you need to do right now - when you are at 10% or so then you can start putting on some lean mass.

For your weight every 10 Lbs will knock you down about 4-5% body fat - I really notice a big difference in the way I look and the way my clothes feel after about a 10 lb weight loss. Good luck.
    Last edited by asmolenski; 03-25-2008 at 10:10 AM.
    Dr Smo

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey breeze29.....

I'm still on the perpetual learning curve too but will submit a couple of comments that will hopefully entice some of the experts here to chime in.

1) It took some time put on the extra weight so I would excerise (ahem) patience while on your quest.

2) Cardio.....5 times a week.....are you sure at each cardio workout that your heart rate is where it should be for optimum results?
    Example: if my reading serves me well one knows their heart rate is where is should be (for about 15-20 minutes) if they are just able to carry on a conversation while doing the cardio workout.

3) I wonder if 5 times a week borders 'overtraining' based on the other things your are doing also?

Hang in here and hopefully othere will refine what I've submitted.

Good luck....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's always been my impression (right or wrong) that when it comes to cardio/weight loss that an every day routine is ok. Short of depleting your body of nutrients and succumbing to exhaustion, that you really can't over-train when it comes to fat loss. I mean within reason...the human body can't lose 10 lbs in one day ya know.

Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Hey breeze29.....

2) Cardio.....5 times a week.....are you sure at each cardio workout that your heart rate is where it should be for optimum results?
    Example: if my reading serves me well one knows their heart rate is where is should be (for about 15-20 minutes) if they are just able to carry on a conversation while doing the cardio workout.

3) I wonder if 5 times a week borders 'overtraining' based on the other things your are doing also?

Good luck....
    Thanks Marine (my dad is a marine and vietnam vet too). I'm pretty sure I'm in the right range with my cardio. As for the amount of training, don't feel like I'm over doing it. The morning cardio is pretty energizing actually. It's all I do in the morning and none of my workouts are over an hour (30-45 min cardio sessions and 50-60 min weight sessions)The kickboxing is kicking my butt so I may do it as an alternative to morning cardio instead of in addition to morning cardio. My best friend recently had a heart attack (at 37) so that has scared/motivated me to get back in shape aggressively. I'll ease up a little after the 1st 20 lbs is off and I'll also exercise better patience.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can't picture someone 6' 200 being overweight...

Those scales are worthless in my opinion. Don't rely on it for BF%
    I stick to measuring my waist to monitor my progress.

Your diet and cardio looks good.
    Hang in there 3 1/2 weeks is just starting keep it up and in 3 months things should start to come together.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fact #1 about loosing weight.... You must use more (burn) calories each day than you consume.

How much is open for debate, I have read more ideas than I can shake a stick at but reducing your intake to 300-500 calories below your daily need seems to be a good working range.

To track my calories burned I purchased a Polar heart strap with wrist monitor and wear it throughout my entire workout. My goal is a little different since I want to add weight but I don't want to add a bunch of fat as I add muscle so the tracking of calories burned is important. Tracking your heart rate realtime will also help you stay in the optimum zone for weight loss.

My 2 cents

sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Breeze,

Our situations, and dramatic lifestyle changes, sound quite similar. Ten years ago I was a top 1% athlete, playing linebacker at a DIV-1A school. Law school plus several years long hours at a desk, garbage eating habits (lots of eating out) turned me in to a total pile of goo. A month ago I finally got to the point where I was willing to make a change.

About three and a half weeks ago I made a dramatic dietary change. My plan was basically a hybrid of south beach and typical BB cutting principals. I can give you more details if you want, but the basics were no processed flour/sugar, tons of protein and salads, veggies, limited fruit (low GI) and no breads. I didn?t totally cut carbs though, I eat steel cut oats or a kashi type cereal in the AM before workouts. Eating 3 meals plus 3 snacks daily (every 2-3 hours minimum). Other than that its basically tons of water, a good amount of 1% milk and virtually zero starches.

Coupled with that I went back to the gym. I started out just trying to get my muscles used to lifting again. This was necessary as after my first squat workout I was literally crippled for a week. My workouts are simple, mostly the old football stuff ? squats, cleans, bench, military, deadlift, chins, dips etc. HIIT after workouts (3 days/week), and whatever low impact stuff I can work in on off days (i.e. front yard soccer with the kids, walking the dog). Almost a modified rippetoe?s for old fat guys.

As far as results, the weight loss has been dramatic. As of today I am down 15 lbs in about three weeks. Again, the change in diet was dramatic so I expected results like this initially. However, my strength is also beginning to return, albeit at a much slower pace. I haven?t really noticed any muscle increase but wouldn?t expect to yet either.

What I am stuggling with at this point is that I love pushing weights again but don?t particularly like the dieting/cutting aspect. I've got another 20 to lose around the midsection, but because of my seize its not very noticeable. I very much want to get strong again though. I?m currently taking in upwards of 250 grams of protein daily, but very limited carbs. I?m obviously calorie deficient (proven by the weight loss). What I?m struggling with now is whether to continue on a hybrid of cutting/clean bulk or focus on one or the other. For now I'm just going to continue what I'm doing but may have to focus one way or the other before too long.

sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Decided to include a sample of diet:

Breakfast: steel cut oats, V8
    ***WORKOUT***
    PWO: sting cheese + protein shake
    Lunch: Salmon on salad (usually meat from previous nights dinner on a salad, so either chicken, some type of steak or fish)
    Snack: couple hard-boiled eggs or lunchmeat, plus another shake
    Dinner: either steak, fish or chicken, salad and some type of steamed green veggie plus Udo?s choice
    Snack: a cup of non-fat cottage cheese.

*edit - comparing our diets, the biggest difference is the amount of carbs your getting. I figure I need carbs pre-WO, but not really post. So I'd cut the breads entirely, but keep the AM oats. Cut the dinner time carbs, even though they are low GI for the most part (brown rice, couscous etc.). Most whole wheat breads/muffins/buns still contain a bunch of processed flour, so cut all those too. Also, the OJ is basically sugar water w/ vitamin C, really high GI load. Sub in V8 for some fiber if you can stomach it. Also, most of those bars have a bunch of sugar alcohols and such, perhaps try cheese instead.

In short I go for protein plus two veggies per meal, except at breakfast (right before WO) where I add steel cut oats or Kashi.
    Last edited by sstroh; 03-25-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post

Hang in there 3 1/2 weeks is just starting keep it up and in 3 months things should start to come together.
    X1000, I'm 6' and weigh 200lbs and I really don't think that i'm overweight! LOL

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by breeze29 View Post
    Thanks Marine (my dad is a marine and vietnam vet too). I'm pretty sure I'm in the right range with my cardio. As for the amount of training, don't feel like I'm over doing it. The morning cardio is pretty energizing actually. It's all I do in the morning and none of my workouts are over an hour (30-45 min cardio sessions and 50-60 min weight sessions)The kickboxing is kicking my butt so I may do it as an alternative to morning cardio instead of in addition to morning cardio. My best friend recently had a heart attack (at 37) so that has scared/motivated me to get back in shape aggressively. I'll ease up a little after the 1st 20 lbs is off and I'll also exercise better patience.
    Well....I've always kept myself in fairly respectable shape but didn't start this BB thing until I was 58 and I'm glad I did.
    This forum, combined with your tenacity should be all you need to keep on truckin'.
    (I took Tae Kwan Do for a 1 1/2 years at 42 and it kicked my butt too....then the school moved and that was that)

As ntrllftr mentioned I don't have much faith in the accuracy/efficacy of the bf scales and 6' 200 does not seem that overweight to me either unless you are just referring to a hmmmm.....softening of the body.

I do think you need to give this process the time it needs....patience, discipline and intensity weedhopper.

My respect to your dad for his service.

Respectfully.....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulldog71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My $.02........Muscle is more metabolically active than fat! Every 10lbs. of muscle mass burns approximately 600 more calories perday at rest, which accounts for roughly 4200 calories a week! That's over 1lb. of fat per week. I'd put my cardio after I'm done lifting so there is no more muscle glycogen, and I'm not in a catabolic first thing in the morning state to begin with. Your body will use fat to burn if you do it after lifting. First thing in the a.m., your body has already started the process of breaking down it's own protein (muscle tissue) to convert to energy and it's too easy for the body to just continue down that road. The o.j. causes an insulin spike and goes right into storage mode. BAD! You're doing cardio 6-8 times a week and lifting 3 days a week! There's little chance for recovery there. Your apparent frustration is a classic symptom of overtraining. Cut it back and learn to walk before you run! Focus on getting some more lean mass, and take it slowly. The results will come, if you give them a chance.
    My Beast Sports Nutrition 2Shredded Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=156177641#post156177641

I know if I don't have my "special underwear", my workout is shot!!:) -- Hikemike

6 packs are for lightweights and underachievers! I've got the whole keg!

Clarification...

I'm well over 200. I'm started a few weeks ago at 6'0" and a flabby 219. I'm currently 216. Trust me. Trust me - i'm carrying a lot of fat for the first time. Maybe it's relative but I used to be athletic.

sstroh

Originally Posted by sstroh View Post
    Breeze,

Our situations, and dramatic lifestyle changes, sound quite similar.
    Yeah, situations do sound similar. though I didn't play D-1 ball, I was a weekend warrior who let work and life take over. I'd be interested in pacing progress with you. Cool.

m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    6 months is a much more reasonable and achievable goal. Try to hard and you'll set yourself up for failure.
    John McCain:
    "You know, I think you may have noticed that Senator Obama's supporters have been saying some pretty nasty things about Western Pennsylvania lately. And you know, I couldn't agree with them more. I couldn't disagree with you. I couldn't agree with you more than the fact that Western Pennsylvania is the most patriotic, most god-loving, most, most patriotic part of America, and this is a great part of the country."

My playing days are so far removed at this point that its not really relevant anyway. The only reason I even mention it is because its illustrative of body type and shows how far I've fallen (pretty common for ex-ballers though). Well, that, and it reminds me how far I can go if I stay committed.

asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Depends on your perspective. I am 5'10" and 191 lbs at 12-13% body fat - I dont consider myself "overweight" compared to most people out there but regarding bodybuilding condition I am definitely overweight or should I say "overfat"...
    Last edited by asmolenski; 03-25-2008 at 02:33 PM.
    Dr Smo

exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just a little over 1 year ago I weighted 287 at 5' 10". My neck was the size of a pigs and looked the same too....esp. the chins. I worked daily and when I retuemed from work I did my cardo....easy at 1st....walking 1 telephone pole length, jogging the other. perhaps a 1 mile at best. In 7/07 I was at 240....diet was vegs....protein....period...salad...no snacks. 8/07 I began lifting.... my progress pic are posted are my testament. Diet and cardio....lifting without a doubt, just lose some of the excess poundage 1st. Of course, I am only providing this info that worked for me.......each person is different.

Cardio will reduce fat....Focus and move....
    White Flood, Green MAGnitude, Purple Wraath, Orange Triad, Cellmass, Syntha-6, 1st 6 Hour Bovine Colostrum Powder, Flax Oil, Flax Seed & NOW Omega 3/6/9

http://battleintheburgh.tripod.com

It's OK to live everyday as if it were your last, But LEARN everday as if you were going to Live forever

sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50)

for what it's worth i agree with this. At 3 1/2 weeks your still building stamina(probably spelled wrong, sorry). I have been hitting the gym on average 5 days a week for 3 months. Yeah I still a little softness around the belly,but i can look in the mirror and see things starting to take shape. I get discouraged from time to time, but I keep pressing on and working hard. DIET or should I say your EATING HABITS play a major role in how fast you'll lose body fat. I change my diet up almost weekly or at least bi weekly because I don't want my body to get adapted to anything, that is true for my workouts too.

Hang in than bro, before to long you too will look at yourself and see some changes. OH one more thing others will see it long before you see it.

greg

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by asmolenski View Post
    Depends on your perspective. I am 5'10" and 191 lbs at 12-13% body fat - I dont consider myself "overweight" compared to most people out there but regarding bodybuilding condition I am definitely overweight or should I say "overfat"...
    LOL, I know what you mean. I feel like a fat sweaty stuffed pig right now being 15 pounds over contest ready shape.

But as the OP is just been at it for only about a month; if he posted a pic I am sure he would look like any normal not obese person out there. Not one of us freakazoids, which he will be soon enough with hard work and determination.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tlou5831 View Post
    X1000, I'm 6' and weigh 200lbs and I really don't think that i'm overweight! LOL
    you can be 6 ' 200 pounds and still have a 36-38 inch waiste if your lean mass is very low. I would consider that more just plain fat than overweight.
    Although if you go by MSN fitness web site BMI calculator almost everyone here would be considered overweight, some even obese even at single digit bodyfat. Their calculator only calculates height and weight though and applies it to a BMI index, a very incomplete picture of a persons fitness level.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    These guys pretty much said it all, but I'll add ..

Stop counting the days/weeks. Focus on training hard and eating healthy and the weight will take care of itself. Judge your progross by how loose your clothes are getting.

Also, have a cheat meal/snack every now and then. It keeps you sane.

binary_jester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In December I weighed 275 and I am 5'8". Lifting, cardio and a major adjustment in eating and I am now down to 232. More importantly (because I don't place too much credit in scales), I wore a tight 42 inch pants and now I am comfortable in a 36 waistband. I still have a long way to go, but being 38, I know it will take a little longer.

ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ed819 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The way your clothes fit is the best way to gage your progress.

I am @217 now from 232 and it took around a month to start seeing any results in my clothes.

My wife actually said this to me today; You didn't get out of shape in 3 months and you won't get into shape in 3 months. She is right AGAIN

Hang in there brother, results will follow.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Originally Posted by binary_jester View Post
    In December I weighed 275 and I am 5'8". Lifting, cardio and a major adjustment in eating and I am now down to 232. More importantly (because I don't place too much credit in scales), I wore a tight 42 inch pants and now I am comfortable in a 36 waistband. I still have a long way to go, but being 38, I know it will take a little longer.
    That's awesome progress. I thought I was doing well losing 15 lbs in 1 month, but you've basically done that for 3-months straight.

Congrats.

Actually I'd be curious what your diet looks like if you have time to post it.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    you can be 6 ' 200 pounds and still have a 36-38 inch waiste if your lean mass is very low. I would consider that more just plain fat than overweight.
    Although if you go by MSN fitness web site BMI calculator almost everyone here would be considered overweight, some even obese even at single digit bodyfat. Their calculator only calculates height and weight though and applies it to a BMI index, a very incomplete picture of a persons fitness level.
    I agree if you have a 36" waist but I have a 33" (none of my pants or belts fit me) and still dropping so I stand by my original statement.