Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I don't get COLD FEET The MVPlaya's Avatar
    The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I Am The MVP. Come Ride Wit Me...Let's GET BIG!

I am going to keep this log for anyone who is interested, but most importantly, myself. I want to track my progress through out my workout plan(s) and see how everything follows through...it will also help keep my organized.

As you can tell by the title, I'm going to bulk up and put on some weight. I've tried before, and was successful but never kept the weight on. Failure is not an option this time. Let's GET BIG!

My Stats as of April 24/ 2006
    Height: 5'8 (almost 5'9)
    Weight: 119.2 lbs*
    BF%: N/A

My Supplements
    • GlycerGrow
    • Animal Pak
    • Purple Wraath
    • White Blood
    • Real Gains
    • Green Bulge
    • Lean Green
    • Dymatize Protein (Berry)
    • Fish Oil
    • Omega 3-6-9
    • NOxidant
    • Lean Green

My supplement dosage will be as follows:

Weeks 1-4: Green Bulge/White Blood/Purple Wraath
    Weeks 4-8: Green Bulge/GlycerGrow/Purple Wraath
    Weeks 8-12: Green Bulge/GlycerGrow/White Blood/ Purple Wraath

I will take all of the other supplements everyday because they do not need to be cycled.

The Workout Plan
    I will be using the MAX-OT Course and do my best to follow through. Right now we are in Week 1. So the plan for this week is...

Week 1 - Incomplete
    Monday- Legs - Completed
    Tuesday- Arms & Abs
    Wednesday- Shoulder & Traps
    Thursday- Back
    Friday- Chest
    Saturday- Rest
    Sunday- Rest

I will be running each morning down my block and back up to keep good endurance, but that will most likely be the only cardio I will do. MOST LIKELY.

Goal
    Gain around 2 lbs per week for 12 weeks.

I will do my best to provide detailed reports for each training day.

*lbs: I weigh 119.2 lbs on the scale at home and 129 at the scale at the gym. I am guessing the one at the gym is broken, and the one at home is right. The one at home is electronic is newer. The scale at the gym seems broken, but I can keep track of both if someone really wants me to. Other than that, I will use the scale at home since I'm almost positive it is right.

Shout Outs
    *AST Sports Science for their free Max-OT Course (http://www.ast-ss.com/max-ot/max-ot.asp?week=1&page=22)
    *pu12en12g for helping me with some of my questions/concerns.
    *bodybuilding.com for providing these forums, and greatpriced supplements! Can't forget about the free gifts.
    *fitday.com for having a great free online diet & fitness manager.
    *Controlled Labs for producing and selling great supplements!
    *MICHAEL ELIAS' BMR and Calorie Need calculator....really important part of gettin BIG!
    Last edited by The MVPlaya; 04-25-2006 at 08:03 AM.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

I Am The MVP. Come Ride Wit Me...Let's GET BIG! (Log/Journal)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=9775686

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Awesome... subscribed !!!
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10) The MVPlaya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    April 24, 2006

Legs
    Wow, the night started off horrible. I drove to a LA fitness gym that is located further than my local one, and it was remodeling. That took off about 1 hour...luckily I had taken the pills in the car so when I got back to my local one they were still in the time "zone." I go to the further one because it is MUCH nicer and bigger...but my local one also has all the machines I need.

I had a great workout today. I really impressed myself with the squats, and I found myself FILLED with energy throughout the whole workout. Each new exercise I went into, I had a lot of energy. I also felt pumps in my leg, which is good because getting pumps in the legs is not as easy as biceps...upper body etc.

The routine is...

Squats 3 sets 4 to 6 reps
    Leg Press 2 sets 4 to 6 reps
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts 2 sets 6 reps
    Standing Machine Calf Raises 2 sets 6 to 8 reps
    45° Leg Press Calf Raises 2 sets 6 to 8 reps

I'll be posting up my nutritional chart from fitday.com tomoorrow morning. I was really happy with my workout today. I had a lot of energy and lifted with intensity throughout the workout. Great workout for my legs, and very impressed.

Notes:
    Purple Wraath did not taste too great, but taste isn't a factor for me as I can down anything. Hopefully I won't be sore tomorrow, and I can really RECOVER quickly. Creapure was nasty, but thats ok.

I had a lot of water today from before the gym and now, and I'm going to keep on filling up.

I took

*Animal Pak
    *White Blood
    *Real Gains (will be tonight)
    *Green Bulge
    *Lean Green
    *Dymatize Protein (Berry)
    *Fish Oil
    *Omega 3-6-9
    *NOxidant
    *Lean Green
    *Purple Wraath
    Last edited by The MVPlaya; 04-24-2006 at 10:43 PM.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

Calorie Stats for April 24, 2006

According to Michael Elias' calorie calculator, I am suppose to get in

2660 cals to gain 1/2lb per week
    2910 cals to gain 1lb per week
    3410 to gain 2lbs per week

It's my first day so I think I did pretty good. I didn't burn too many calories other than working out (and running in the morning). I think I'll be fine. I'll do better tomorrow.
    Last edited by The MVPlaya; 04-25-2006 at 12:48 AM.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good luck with your Bulk!

I'm dissapointed though...... No Shout Out for my BMR and Calorie Need calculator??

- EME
    Free BMR and Calorie Need Calculator
    http://www.physiquefx.com/bmr-calculators/

Originally Posted by EME
    Good luck with your Bulk!

I'm dissapointed though...... No Shout Out for my BMR and Calorie Need calculator??

- EME
    Oh, I COMPLETELY forgot, and I mess with that thing all the time. I apologize. May I ask tho, when I'm selecting activity levels...would going to the gym count as being active etc.? I put it on the middle one...3-5 days a week.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by The MVPlaya
    Oh, I COMPLETELY forgot, and I mess with that thing all the time. I apologize. May I ask tho, when I'm selecting activity levels...would going to the gym count as being active etc.? I put it on the middle one...3-5 days a week.
    In the descriptions for the different activity levels it indicates which levels equate to different amounts of training per week.

You do have to take other things into consideration though.

For instance, if you are training 3-5 days per week, but also playing sports a few days per week, you would probably want to bump up the next higher level. Or if you have a very active job, you may want to go up a level.

The choice you make at that step should be representative of your entire activity level as a whole, so think about everything you do when you make that choice.

I use the calculator so much that I have gotten really good at pegging exactly where someone should be. It takes some practice. Often if falls in between catagories, and this is why I created the fields so that you can manually enter a number, rather than only taking the suggested values.

Good luck with your training and please let me know if you need any additional help.

- EME
    Free BMR and Calorie Need Calculator
    http://www.physiquefx.com/bmr-calculators/

April 25, 2006

Arms
    I woke up the day, and my legs were not sore. I walked around, went to school, etc. My legs became a tad bit sore later but nothing bad at all. I was very happy, good recovery.

Today, I was in a rush, so I don't think my supplements digested well since I didn't separate my pre-workout meal and GB+WB far apart enough. It still did take effect tho. Purple Wraath helped me and that's what stood out most.

My arm workout was good, as I had full energy throughout the whole entire workout. I've never experienced this kind of energy before. I really impressed myself with how much I could lift. I was able to do all the workouts with full power. The pumps were decent. They were there when I flexed but I didn't feel them too much. Again, this might have had somethin to do with my timing of taking the supplements. I was very happy tho, I had energy and I did have a lot of power/intensity. I could feel it.

The routine is...

I'll be posting up my nutritional chart from fitday.com tomoorrow morning. Again, I was really happy with my workout today. I wanted more pumps but we'll see what happens next time. Shoulders & traps tomorrow!

Notes:
    Purple Wraath was once again horrible. I am going to start pouring some in my mouth and gulping it down with water. That's what worked with GlycerGrow, and I think I'm just going to do it with this. I do it with Creapure too.

I had a lot of water today, but not enough. I need to drink more. I had almost a gallon...but I'm going to try to get in more tomorrow. I was not able to do cardio in the morning, but I will aim to do that tomorrow.

Today I took

*Animal Pak
    *White Blood
    *Real Gains
    *Green Bulge
    *Lean Green
    *Dymatize Protein (Berry)
    *Fish Oil
    *Omega 3-6-9
    *NOxidant
    *Lean Green
    *Purple Wraath
    Last edited by The MVPlaya; 04-25-2006 at 10:48 PM.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

Calroie Intake for April 25, 2006

I got in more calories today than I did the day before. I need some help getting up to 3700 calories though. I guess a schedule would help, as I am just eating and eating and not following any specific schedule. If anyone can give me some ideas to up my calorie intake for the day, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I need some help getting up to 3700 calories though. I guess a schedule would help, as I am just eating and eating and not following any specific schedule. If anyone can give me some ideas to up my calorie intake for the day, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Oats
    Milk
    Rice
    Pasta
    Etc...

I also personally like Granola Bars as a snack when on-the-go
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

How do you make your oats? It tastes so horrible when it's plan. I ate it dry yesterday with milk. I have brown rice, I guess I should start making some. Pasta...yeah I should give that a go too.

Do you have any good recipes for a sandwich?
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

How do you make your oats? It tastes so horrible when it's plan. I ate it dry yesterday with milk. I have brown rice, I guess I should start making some. Pasta...yeah I should give that a go too.

Do you have any good recipes for a sandwich?
    Well I like ALL kinds of sandwiches.. lean chicken breast, lean turkey breast, TUNA (quick and easy).. I'll usually add sprouts and tomato with a bit of salad dressing (various) for some variety.

As far as oats, if you REALLY hate the taste then Granola bars again are a decent (not perfect) option... but in general I recommend to just "man up" and down the oats some people prefer oatmeal and add cinnamon etc...

I'm a big fan of rice as well.... but oats basically changed my life.
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

April 26, 2006

I worked out my shoulders and traps today. It was a very good workout and I had a lot of energy. I actually felt a pump in my traps which surprised me. I was able to have full intensity and power through all my workouts. I really feel the Purple Wraath working, and pumps weren't a big deal today since the body parts I was working on are hard to get pumped (shoulders and traps). My muscles are rock hard after the workout tho.

I wish purple wraath tasted better, because its effect on you is amazing.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

April 27, 2006

I had a lot of carbs before the workout and my timing was perfect with all the supplements. Again today I was working out on a bodypart hard to get pumped (my back) so pumps are hard to get here.

I had a good workout, wasn't great. I always have trouble working on my back. I need to go to the bigger LA fitness with all the equipment I need for my back. Again I had all the energy I needed and full intensity with each and every workout. I love this Purple Wraath. My muscles are once again hard after the workout.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

April 26, 2006

I worked out my shoulders and traps today. It was a very good workout and I had a lot of energy. I actually felt a pump in my traps which surprised me. I was able to have full intensity and power through all my workouts. I really feel the Purple Wraath working, and pumps weren't a big deal today since the body parts I was working on are hard to get pumped (shoulders and traps). My muscles are rock hard after the workout tho.

I wish purple wraath tasted better, because its effect on you is amazing.
    Controlled Labs is actually working on improving the taste right now !

Glad you like it so far, and let me know if it starts "tasting" better... that's what people have been reporting so far.. totally seperate from the effects they swear that the taste gets better and better
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't been able to shed off time to update nor visit this site. I've been eating in the gym, etc. I find that to be most important.

I am on week 2 now and I'll just continue where I left off.

April 28, 2006
    This day I worked on the chest and I had a really great workout. I got some pumps in my chest but my arms were amazingly pumped by the end of the workout too. I love this stuff. The PW really works and I always have energy. I remember the feeling of not wanting to do the next set or exercise because of energy, but it's not like that at all anymore.

May 1, 2006
    WOW...this day I had the most raging and insane pumps in my leg EVER. They were so pumped I couldn't even move them. During the pumps I worked out and it seemed like I was strong, very strong. I was able to squat more than last week. Luckily these pumps didn't last for the whole workout because that would have been painful. Crazy pumps...AMAZING workout. Good stuff. PW is GREAT for energy once again.

May 2, 2006
    I had to go to the different gym today because my friend wanted me to come with him. I got in with his brothers pass. Anyways, the gym wasn't great so it was a distraction. I didn't like it at all it was horrible, but I was able to get through all my arm workouts. I felt great pumps and was very strong today. I think I need to get some gloves. The arm workout was amazing, I was able to do more skull crushers and I dumbbell curled 5 pounds more this week. Great workout! The PW worked once again!

I will be using the scale at home now, since it now lists me at 129. It was 119 last week so either I gained 10 pounds or it is a new one. All I know is it is right. I was at 129.4 when I weighed in...I took a crap then weighed in again at 129.0. So I'm sure it's working fine now.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

My Stats as of May 2, 2006
    Height: 5'8 (almost 5'9)
    Weight: 129.0 lbs
    BF%: N/A

Week 2
    Monday- Legs
    Tuesday- Arms & Abs
    Wednesday- Shoulder & Traps
    Thursday- Back
    Friday- Chest
    Saturday- Rest
    Sunday- Rest
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

I will be using the scale at home now, since it now lists me at 129. It was 119 last week so either I gained 10 pounds or it is a new one. All I know is it is right. I was at 129.4 when I weighed in...I took a crap then weighed in again at 129.0. So I'm sure it's working fine now.
    LMFAO !!! Best journal EVER !!!!
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Hahahah, yeah I just reread it. Really funny but true. It's an electronic scale BTW if anyone was wondering how I accumulated the .4 difference.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Controlled Labs is actually working on improving the taste right now !

Glad you like it so far, and let me know if it starts "tasting" better... that's what people have been reporting so far.. totally seperate from the effects they swear that the taste gets better and better
    Actually it's funny that you say that because when I had it today it didn't taste as bad...it was still not too great but it wasn't as bad as last week. Any new products coming out soon? haha.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

Any new products coming out soon? haha.
    4 new ones
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Again sorry with the late updates, but I am still on this program and still gettin big...

I weigh 132 now. Let me give a log of what happened since I left off. I have good memory, so it's not a big problem to me...

May 3, 2006
    I did shoulders and traps this day. It was a good workout and there were some pumps in my shoulder. I used the smith machine to do the military press...this is the first time I had done this exercise. There was a bit harder than I thought it would be , but I had a real intense workout. I had a lot of energy...everything was great. Pumps weren't too great, but then again it's hard to get pumps in the shoulders.

May 4, 2006
    I did not have a good workout this day. I had all the energy but mentally I was somewhere else. I was doing backs this day. I went through each exercise fine, and it was good but I didn't feel like I did everything to my max capabilities. Mentally, I was somewhere else.

May 5, 2006
    I had a real good workout on this day with my chest. With the MAX-OT program, it was real short but it was intense. I went through each rep with full power and intensity. I was pumped in my arms and chest! I can do about 25 dips, and I don't have a belt to hold weights so I had to just go do the dips without weights.

Week 3

May 8, 2006
    Today was for the legs and it was a good workout. They were pumped and I was powerful throughout the workout. I felt real good and strong after the workout.

May 9, 2006
    I did chests this day. It wasn't as great as I hoped, but it wasn't bad. I wish I had a spotter because when doing chest, I do not know 100% where I'm at with my power. I didn't have my friend with me so I just did everything heavy, but not to my MAX because I was afraid I could have gotten injured. It was a great workout nonetheless.

May 10, 2006
    Today was Backs and Traps. It was a great workout. I did all the exercises great, and I was able to complete everything with full intensity. I was filled with energy throughout the workout...everything was great.

May 11, 2006
    Shoulders and triceps today. It was a good workout, I felt a little weak in the shoulder exercises. But I did great in triceps, REAL good. I felt some insane pumps in my triceps. Again, i had a lot of energy.

May 12, 2006
    Biceps today. I was disappointed with my workout. Some things were off, I felt like I was just measuring everything wrong with my strength. I did some exercises where something was too heavy. Some where somethin was to light...it wasn't the best workout. I got through it, I felt a decent pump. The workout could have been better. Although, I felt that I had gotten a lot stronger.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

As you know, the most important thing to this is nutrition. I just got up to the nutrition week in the Max-OT course. I will start increasing my Protein intake and I hope to start gaining weight faster. I have been getting a lot of Carbs...protein too but more Carbs. I need to switch this around...
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

Again sorry with the late updates, but I am still on this program and still gettin big...

I weigh 132 now. Let me give a log of what happened since I left off. I have good memory, so it's not a big problem to me...

May 3, 2006
    I did shoulders and traps this day. It was a good workout and there were some pumps in my shoulder. I used the smith machine to do the military press...this is the first time I had done this exercise. There was a bit harder than I thought it would be , but I had a real intense workout. I had a lot of energy...everything was great. Pumps weren't too great, but then again it's hard to get pumps in the shoulders.

May 4, 2006
    I did not have a good workout this day. I had all the energy but mentally I was somewhere else. I was doing backs this day. I went through each exercise fine, and it was good but I didn't feel like I did everything to my max capabilities. Mentally, I was somewhere else.

May 5, 2006
    I had a real good workout on this day with my chest. With the MAX-OT program, it was real short but it was intense. I went through each rep with full power and intensity. I was pumped in my arms and chest! I can do about 25 dips, and I don't have a belt to hold weights so I had to just go do the dips without weights.

Week 3

May 8, 2006
    Today was for the legs and it was a good workout. They were pumped and I was powerful throughout the workout. I felt real good and strong after the workout.

May 9, 2006
    I did chests this day. It wasn't as great as I hoped, but it wasn't bad. I wish I had a spotter because when doing chest, I do not know 100% where I'm at with my power. I didn't have my friend with me so I just did everything heavy, but not to my MAX because I was afraid I could have gotten injured. It was a great workout nonetheless.

May 10, 2006
    Today was Backs and Traps. It was a great workout. I did all the exercises great, and I was able to complete everything with full intensity. I was filled with energy throughout the workout...everything was great.

May 11, 2006
    Shoulders and triceps today. It was a good workout, I felt a little weak in the shoulder exercises. But I did great in triceps, REAL good. I felt some insane pumps in my triceps. Again, i had a lot of energy.

May 12, 2006
    Biceps today. I was disappointed with my workout. Some things were off, I felt like I was just measuring everything wrong with my strength. I did some exercises where something was too heavy. Some where somethin was to light...it wasn't the best workout. I got through it, I felt a decent pump. The workout could have been better. Although, I felt that I had gotten a lot stronger.
    Awesome progress man !! :cool
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

May 15 2006

Great leg workout today. I got a lot stronger. I did a lot more in the leg press and I squated a tad bit more. Great workout...a lot of energy again an I credit Purple Wraath to this!

Great stuff CL.
    NEW STACK COMING SOON

May 15 2006

Great leg workout today. I got a lot stronger. I did a lot more in the leg press and I squated a tad bit more. Great workout...a lot of energy again an I credit Purple Wraath to this!

Great stuff CL.
    Awesome
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TT22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wheres the rest of your log Bro?

TT22
    PR's
    335 Bench
    425x2 ATG Squat
    455x1 Deadlift
    225x1 Power Clean
    26'' Vert

Goal: Cut down to sub 10% bf @ 185lbs before 09!!!

Any updates ?
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is a great journal. Good and informative updates. Subscribed.

Any updates man ?
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience