Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tyler's Track and Field Workout Program

Over the summer and fall I will bein a Track and Field training program, in order to run faster and jump farther. I run the 100m, 200m, and long jump. Next year will be my junior season, and I want to be able to break 22.0 in the 200m, 11.2 in the 100m, and 20 feet in the long jump. My program will consist of weight training, plyometrics, and intervals/sprints.

Here's a little bit about me. I've been running track since 7th grade, and I am currently preparing for my junior season. I have been a football player my entire life. I have played ever since first grade flag football. I started out terrible and didn't start in 4th grade tackle football. I was starter my next season and have been successful since. I played nose tackle, and relied on my speed and power.

I started lifting like crazy in my freshman year. I was on line to be a starter for my high school, who is currently back to back 7A state champions. At the start of my sophmore season I got a really bad concussion and missed the entire season. The doctor said that it would be to risky to ever return to football (it was about my 3rd concussion). Since I have had people asking me whether or not I would play next season, saying how hard I hit, and that I could play in the NFL. I doubted that.

More recently I have realized that it could be more of a blessing in disguise. I was not planning on playing football in college, and with all of the research about head injuries of ex-football players, maybe I got out at just the right time? I have since realized my love for track and field and have been training more specifically for that.

My sophmore track season was also very rough. I missed lots of time with shin splints and planter fasciitis and never reached my full potential. I will do everything in my power to ensure that this does not happen next year. My ultimate goal is to become a D1 athlete and recieve a full ride scholarship.

Please subscribe!!
    Last edited by SpeedDemon5; 05-15-2011 at 05:40 PM.

SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedDemon5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is my first workout of the offseason:

Squats- First set: 5 reps/215
    2-6: 6 reps/215

Reverse Crunches: 2 sets till failure

RDL's- 3 sets/6 at 205

Bench Press- 3 sets/6 at 155

Decline Sit ups w/ 45 lb weight- 2 sets

Preacher curls- 3 sets at 75

Overhead Press- 3 sets w/45's

Narrow Row w/ cable- 3 sets at 140

Like I said been having trouble with the shins so I spent today focusing on rehabing, will be doing some lifting tommorow.

Shin curls:

1st set- aprrox. 70 reps with a pounder
    2nd set- aprox 30 reps

Twenty minuites of Ice.

Today's workout

Deadlifts- 3 sets /5 reps at 275
    Tuck jumps up to platform- 4 sets of 10
    Bench Press- 3 set of 5 at 155
    Seated Calf raises: 2 sets at 140
    Snatches- 1 set at 105
    Decline sit ups/twist with 25lb- 1 1/2 set w/ 1 1/2 w/o
    Abs
    Overhand pullups- 10 reps
    Hip abduction- 2 sets at 110
    Hip adduction- 2 sets 170
    Prone Bicep curls- 2 sets at 75

Tommorow:

Workout in the morning

At 4pm- interview with college scout approx 45min to determine whether im "scholarship" material.

Boy am I nervous.....

EDIT: also anyone have any good ideas for ab program and/or stretching/yoga?
    Last edited by SpeedDemon5; 05-20-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Easy workout today, trying to get back into a groove...

Squats- 2 sets of 5 at 215
    1 set crunches
    1 set Freemotion leg drives at 42.5

1 set of hills at 10 incline 14.0 speed (1 set = 3 reps: 2 short, 1 long)

20 min in sauna

NCSA Verification interview tonight, lets hope all goes well!

Passed the interview!

1set of hills today...

Compounds Today....

Squats-
    5 reps 215
    4 reps 245
    4 reps 245

Chin ups

2 sets till failure

1 set of pullups till failure

DB Bench Press-

3 sets w/ 60 lbers till failure

Power cleans-

3 sets of 4 at 135

Narrow Cable Row-

3 sets till failure at 140

DB Overhead press-

2 sets till failure w/ 40 lbers

Bicep curls- 2

2 sets prone w/ 70lbs

and then 1 more set because some idiot decided to take my bar....

1 set standing w/ 75 lbs

Plate loaded T-bar row machine-

2 sets w/ shrugs + squat till hands touch knees

90lbs + whatever the bar weighs (prob like 15-20)

....and lots of core as usual

No time to workout today, f*cking A level chemistry test tommorow.

2 sets of shin curls

2 sets of bicep curls at 75 lbs

Forgot to mention earlier, the majority of my plyometrics won't start till school gets out. Still, I did a little today....

Verticle Jump to platform- 4/10

Depth Jumps - 3/10

Box to long jump- 3-10

DB Bench press- 3 sets till failure w/ 60's

RDL'S- 3/6 at 205

Shin Curls - 2 sets with 15lbs

Plateloaded sitting calf machine- 140lbs 3 sets till near fail

Bicep curls- 3 sets till near fail at 75 lbs

Side delt raises- 2 sets at 20lbs

Captain's chair raises 3 sets w/ legs extended

Hip abduction- 2 sets at 110

Hip adduction- 2 sets at 170

Deadlifts-

6 reps at 275
    6 reps at 275
    5 reps at 275

Footwork

Bench Press
    3 sets with 60 lb DBS

Long Depth Jumps

skal1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nice frame of mind

Hello SpeedDemon,

First I would like to say, stay focused! With your dedication to T&F, by starting to look at next season this May you WILL exceed your goals however I do think you might benefit from a couple of changes in your routine which you should make based on what you learn and what fits.

Look at these websites when you get a moment, they are filled with an overabundance of articles that will assist you with achieving your goals. And just to let you know I am in no way affiliated with these sites, I'm a Masters athlete (age 30-34) who runs the 100m-400m and they have benefited more than I could describe in this blog.

www.speedendurance.com
    www.athletesacceleration.com

Another quick thing, when it comes to your shins search for "Trigger Points Self Treatment", heres a link for a scanned copy of the book on google addressing this issue.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=IYq...page&q&f=false

This is not the entire book but when you spend 10-15 minutes reading it and applying the techniques yourself you will clearly see it is sound science that I'm confident will benefit you.

Hope these sites help you.......soon you'll be saying 22point what?! When you're running those 21points!!!

Worked out on wednesday but computers was down forget what I did......

Today's workout

Smith Squats- 2 sets at 245 ( had some neck trouble so I had to stop)

Box lateral Jump- 3x10

Row machine- 3 sets of six at 210

Ab work

Over hand Middle grip lat pulldowns- 2 sets at 140

Platform verticle jumps- 3 sets of 10

Seated Plate loaded calf raise machine- 3 sets at 140

Body weight Dips- 2 sets till failure

Split squat jumps- 3 sets

Finals Started Friday and end Wesnesday, so I will probably not workout again till then, but as soon as schools at I will really kick it into gear.

Originally Posted by skal1976 View Post
    Hello SpeedDemon,

First I would like to say, stay focused! With your dedication to T&F, by starting to look at next season this May you WILL exceed your goals however I do think you might benefit from a couple of changes in your routine which you should make based on what you learn and what fits.

Look at these websites when you get a moment, they are filled with an overabundance of articles that will assist you with achieving your goals. And just to let you know I am in no way affiliated with these sites, I'm a Masters athlete (age 30-34) who runs the 100m-400m and they have benefited more than I could describe in this blog.

www.speedendurance.com
    www.athletesacceleration.com

Another quick thing, when it comes to your shins search for "Trigger Points Self Treatment", heres a link for a scanned copy of the book on google addressing this issue.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=IYq...page&q&f=false

This is not the entire book but when you spend 10-15 minutes reading it and applying the techniques yourself you will clearly see it is sound science that I'm confident will benefit you.

Hope these sites help you.......soon you'll be saying 22point what?! When you're running those 21points!!!
    The second article was a solid read, but as for the first one, I don't know if I was in the right place or not, because it was more geared to those over thirty trying to come back. Ill get to the shin article later, but as always thank you for your imput.

Power Cleans - 4/5 at 135

Lateral Box Jumps- 3 sets till my shins hurt

Captains chair leg tucks- 3 sets

skal1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Speedendurance.com is geared towards Masters athletes (30+) however sports science is sports science. It works with any age or gender, I would suggest you consider looking at just one article that seems interesting and see if it can be applied to you as well. There are also many articles that are actually college based workouts (even workouts done by the Pros) that are shown in detail that the editor advises Masters athletes to scale back on when it comes to volume and intensity. You actually would be in the same boat. If you saw a 200m off-season workout by Clyde Hart (Baylors' famous T&F coach) I'm confident you wouldnt implement 100%, at least consider an article or 2 that sounds interesting. Remeber knowledge is power and when it comes to achieving your goals you can never know to much.

You are dong very specific preparation exercises for next year, you need more general preparation, PRIMARILY cleans/power clean/hanging cleans to help you with your coordination. Also please look into a neck cover for your bar when squatting I'd hate to read you say anything related to straining your neck even worse due to the weight on the squat bar.

Speedendurance.com is geared towards Masters athletes (30+) however sports science is sports science. It works with any age or gender, I would suggest you consider looking at just one article that seems interesting and see if it can be applied to you as well. There are also many articles that are actually college based workouts (even workouts done by the Pros) that are shown in detail that the editor advises Masters athletes to scale back on when it comes to volume and intensity. You actually would be in the same boat. If you saw a 200m off-season workout by Clyde Hart (Baylors' famous T&F coach) I'm confident you wouldnt implement 100%, at least consider an article or 2 that sounds interesting. Remeber knowledge is power and when it comes to achieving your goals you can never know to much.

You are dong very specific preparation exercises for next year, you need more general preparation, PRIMARILY cleans/power clean/hanging cleans to help you with your coordination. Also please look into a neck cover for your bar when squatting I'd hate to read you say anything related to straining your neck even worse due to the weight on the squat bar.
    Ya i use a neck pad, i have had some cervical problems from football. And what is wrong with specific? I'm sorry but it just seems a bit suspicous that you have two posts...both in my thread. But I will read anyways.

kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

proper bar placement is across the traps/delts... using a pad does nothing to remove the load on the cervical spine if you're placing the barbell too high. if the bar hurts your spine.... you either have an extremely underdeveloped back, or you're not retracting your scaps. scapular retraction is key to a stable solid safe squat.

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon5 View Post
    Ya i use a neck pad, i have had some cervical problems from football. And what is wrong with specific? I'm sorry but it just seems a bit suspicous that you have two posts...both in my thread. But I will read anyways.
    wean yourself off the neck pad and use proper bar placement.

your goals are an 11.2 100m and 22 200m? you plan on negative splitting that? seems like odd goals for the average sprinter. mind if i ask what you're running now?

Originally Posted by kronik85 View Post
    proper bar placement is across the traps/delts... using a pad does nothing to remove the load on the cervical spine if you're placing the barbell too high. if the bar hurts your spine.... you either have an extremely underdeveloped back, or you're not retracting your scaps. scapular retraction is key to a stable solid safe squat.

wean yourself off the neck pad and use proper bar placement.

your goals are an 11.2 100m and 22 200m? you plan on negative splitting that? seems like odd goals for the average sprinter. mind if i ask what you're running now?
    Running a 11.7 and a 24.1, had a bad season so I know I can improve on it. Negative Splitting? You need to explain yourself a little more.

Todays workout

Deadlifts: 4 sets of 5 at 305

Verticle jumps to platform
    2 sets

Incline Bench press 3 sets (unsure on reps) at 135

Shurgs w/ 90lb dbs- 3 sets

Pull ups - 3 sets till failure

Starts- 5 reps at approx 60m

+ about an hour of hardcore drumming (srs you'd have thought I'd of came out of a sauna)

Today:

Plyos

Long Depth Jumps 3 sets of 8

Stair case depth Jumps- 2 sets

Alternating Lunge jumps

Footwork to low platform 3 sets

Lateral box jumps to medium box 3 sets

Lateral Bound 2 sets

Bicep curls (random but didn't do any yesterday) 2 sets a 75lbs

Hills-

3 short

1 long

Deadlifts- 3 sets of 4 at 315
    1 sets of 3 at 315

Long depth jumps- 2 sets of 8

Bench Press- 2 sets with 60 lb dbs

Staircase depth jumps- 3 sets of 5

Seated low row - 2 sets at 140

Chin ups- 1 sets w/ bw+10
    1 sets w/ bw + 20

2 sets w/ bw + 35 ( 4 reps)

Verticle Jumps to platform 3 sets

2 sets calf raises

1 sets of hip adductors at 190

1 set of hip abductors at 130

3 sets of pull ups w/ bw+25

Officially NCSA Sports certified- $849 Membership

Today:

Practice long jump for aprox 20-30 min

Hills- 3 short
    2 long

PT tonight for cervical spine

So I'm starting to follow the verticle jump bible routines. What I think ill be doing is the advanced plyometrics routine. This is meant to be done w/o weights so what i think im going to do is cut the sets in half or just do on seperate days.

Power Cleans- 4 sets of 5 a 135 ( only 3 on last)

Dips- 3 sets till failure w/ bw+25lbs

RDLS- 3 sets at 205

Low Row - 2 sets at 140

Bent over donkey ankle jumps - 2x50

30 yd accels- 3 times

Hurldle jumps- 4 sets x6

1 leg step up jump- 2 sets x 6 each leg

1 leg speed hop - 2 sets 25 yds each leg ****See below

Overall Notes:
    Nearly Hyperextended my right leg on the speed hops. Just a very weird workout that it will take some time to get accustomed too. Also, tweaked something on final set of power cleans, so I didn't do the last two reps. No big deal just a precaution. Hopefully I will see good results from this program. Overall, it was a learning experiance today. I will hopefully add in the remaining exercises in my next workout. Thoughts?

Squats machine- 5x400
    5x400
    6x380
    5x400

Bench Press- 3 sets w/ 60 lb dbs

Verticle Jumps to platform 3 sets

4 chin ups w/ a 35 lb plate

Deep ab exercise (Don't know how else to explain; pt gave it to me)- 3 sets

Captains chair raises-3 sets

Planks- 3 sets

Seated Low Row w/ cable- 2 sets at 140

Prone DB curls w/ 35 lb dbs- 2 sets

Concentration curls with 45 lb dbs

Bent Over Donkey ankle jumps- 2 sets

Long depth jumps- 2 sets of 6

Military Press w/ 45lb db's- 1 set****

Lateral DB raise- 2 sets w/ 20's

Overall Notes:
    Went to PT today and we might of found out the reason for my neck issues. Still wanted me to squat with some support so I did the machine. Track camp at University of Illinois this sunday, so I gotta stay healthy.

meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i had the similar situation with high school track, especially sophomore year and getting hurt a lot. good luck with the training. Oh and we run the same stuff
    Stats:
    6'0', 180 lb., 10% bf
    S:405 B:255 D:500 PC:275
    *Misc Mobility Crew*
    *Misc Calisthenic Crew*
    *Positivity Crew*
    Cincinnati Bengals

*Diamond Dog*

Deadlifts-
    3 -315
    4-315
    3-315

Hang Cleans-3x6 at 115

Quick Box Jumps at medium -3 sets

Plate Loaded T-bar row- 2 sets at 90 lbs

Military Press- 2 x 6 w/ 45lb DBS

Lots of Captians Chair Raises

Lots of Calf Raises

Incline Bench Press-
    6-135
    4-145
    2-145

High Box Jumps- 2 sets

Weighted Dips- 2 sets till failure w/ BW+25

Overall Notes:
    Shin started to really hurt durinng deads and was having trouble with my grip too. Gym does not have straps. Track camp starts this weekend so I will take a few days off to ensure that I am at my best for Sunday. Possible Running workout tommorow though. PT tonight.

More plyo's today... resting till sunday when I have camp at the university of Illinois.

Here are next seasons spikes, picked them up yesterday... needing them for this sunday because last seasons were stolen.............
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135693601

Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000) Chrome Face is a complete loser! (-2000)
    What volume of speed work are you doing on a weekly basis?