farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Isometric Strength Training

Isometric training is basically holding a position against a resistance for a certain period of time. So pushing against a pull while still, pulling back on a resistant band and so on.

It is not ideal for sports training and for things like strength and speed development only a supplementary form of training.

What is does basically is it strengthens the muscles involved as a whole at a certain joint angle. Further more it does help develop some tendon strength.

Retsam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've heard its beneficial for football lineman to hold an isometric contraction at the end of a bench press at lockout because it will strengthen the muscles needed to block. True?

Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Retsam View Post
    I've heard its beneficial for football lineman to hold an isometric contraction at the end of a bench press at lockout because it will strengthen the muscles needed to block. True?
    If you are blocking someone with your arms locked out chances are you aren't going to be blocking them for long. Damn some of you need some decent coaches.

itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Farzamk, I think you should get a thread to your self stickied where you just post all this info you write for us. Or that thread you made and link to all of this.

Actually right now I'm in the process of finding good articles for my brother to read about training he's just like a month or so in to working out getting in shape. (he's 13) and a lot of things I'm going to make him read are from you.

s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000) s4lnj is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm glad this came up-- someone was recentlly trying to turn me on to isometrics. he said it was the secret to speed. (i'm a bmx racer)

i currently strength train one day a week, using the super slow(heavy duty) theory. i've had godd success with this so i didn't entertain the idea of isometrics, i was gonna ask about them if i didn't see them come up soon.

so, with that being said, decent as a suppliment, but won't be breaking any records by doing them?

thanks
    dave

viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viiictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So if isometrics doesnt build speed then what does? Because according to this article http://www.balisongxtreme.com/balipl...ps/2-27-00.htm isometrics is all about speed. Then do you have any other recommendations to building speed?
    If 70% of muscles are made in the kitchen, then women must be jacked underneath :O

I always rape back.

farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by itsmike428 View Post
    Farzamk, I think you should get a thread to your self stickied where you just post all this info you write for us. Or that thread you made and link to all of this.

Actually right now I'm in the process of finding good articles for my brother to read about training he's just like a month or so in to working out getting in shape. (he's 13) and a lot of things I'm going to make him read are from you.
    ya Im gonna keep writing articles whenever I get an idea for one.

Originally Posted by s4lnj View Post
    i'm glad this came up-- someone was recentlly trying to turn me on to isometrics. he said it was the secret to speed. (i'm a bmx racer)

i currently strength train one day a week, using the super slow(heavy duty) theory. i've had godd success with this so i didn't entertain the idea of isometrics, i was gonna ask about them if i didn't see them come up soon.

so, with that being said, decent as a suppliment, but won't be breaking any records by doing them?

thanks
    dave
    Well the thing is you can give it a try, personal experience with isometrics is that it gives short and decent results if you havent ever done them before, or if you dont do them for a very long time then do it again for like 2-3 weeks. A supplement in your training program.

Originally Posted by viiictor View Post
    So if isometrics doesnt build speed then what does? Because according to this article http://www.balisongxtreme.com/balipl...ps/2-27-00.htm isometrics is all about speed. Then do you have any other recommendations to building speed?
    It depends on the sport, as I said above you can do it for 3 weeks, everyday, just alternate muscles involved. It will probably give decent results and develops strength/speed strength at certain joint angles involved in the exercises. After 3 weeks or so, it becomes useless, there go back to regular weight training, or you can go back at 2 weeks and do a mix for a week.