newlife01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Designer Protein Detour Bars...good for post workout meal?

I have a box of these great tasting bars....

290 ca
    9g Fat
    21g Carbs...only 6g sugar
    32g Protein

Will these work as a post workout meal in a Keto diet?

sox311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do a search on them, or at least go look at the supplements forum, the nutritional info on the bars seems to be false.

Don't quote me, but I think the sugar content was found to be around 19 grams instead of the labeled 6. So it would be a bad thing for keto.

But they taste amazing, huh.

newlife01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes...they do taste pretty darn good!

I agree that they are no good for keto...but what about the post workout carb up?

sox311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't give myself enough credit to reccomend anything, but I know that the post workout carbs are supposed to be best in a liquid form.

And the fat in a detour bar could maybe cause the protien to be slower to be absorbed.

I take 2 scoops of optimum 100% whey, about 10 ounces of water and 1 and 1/2 scoop of orange gatorade powder.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by sox311
    I wouldn't give myself enough credit to reccomend anything, but I know that the post workout carbs are supposed to be best in a liquid form.

And the fat in a detour bar could maybe cause the protien to be slower to be absorbed.

I take 2 scoops of optimum 100% whey, about 10 ounces of water and 1 and 1/2 scoop of orange gatorade powder.
    I'd have to agree with this. If your not on keto use them at another time and just use whey and dextrose PW. The fats (and probably fibre I assume they have some) in those bars will slow things down and this is the one time that this is a bad thing.