Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

rowing machine vs. boxing a heavy bag

I'm looking from some input here. I would like to know which option, between getting an indoor rowing machine or a heavy bag to box/kickbox on, would be the better choice to help me achieve cardiovascular and overall physical fitness. Please share your experiences, etc. My goal is to drop fat and gain definition, so which would help he achieve this? I also heard that a rowing machine would define my forearms and calves, is this true? I would also like to state that I will continue lifting as well, on differet days of course.
    ~The art of Muay Thai, baby!~

I fight because in the ring I find myself, it's me vs. the WORLD!!! Enter my ring, enter my PAIN!

Quotes to Live By:
    - "Train like someone is gonna' kill your family if you fail!"
    - "Never believe that the circumstances of your life dictate that you can't become a huge, rampaging, f*cking beast!"
    - "Do not fear PAIN, it is what makes you grow!"

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Get whichever one you enjoy more.
    Awesome. Awesome to the max.

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    they are both awe3some tools and will no doubt be very beneficial in achieving your goals.

personally id go heavy bag, but i just love bag intervals! nothing brings as much pain and pleasure as going nuts on the bag (with good form of course

sounds liek u have room, so i would be looking to eventually have both. How does 500m row, 1min intense bag work repeat X 5 sound? awesome right
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastmo42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by matthor View Post
    they are both awe3some tools and will no doubt be very beneficial in achieving your goals.

personally id go heavy bag, but i just love bag intervals! nothing brings as much pain and pleasure as going nuts on the bag (with good form of course

sounds liek u have room, so i would be looking to eventually have both. How does 500m row, 1min intense bag work repeat X 5 sound? awesome right
    yeah, that's seems like what I'll probably end up doing. Any other comments/suggestions?
    ~The art of Muay Thai, baby!~

I fight because in the ring I find myself, it's me vs. the WORLD!!! Enter my ring, enter my PAIN!

Quotes to Live By:
    - "Train like someone is gonna' kill your family if you fail!"
    - "Never believe that the circumstances of your life dictate that you can't become a huge, rampaging, f*cking beast!"
    - "Do not fear PAIN, it is what makes you grow!"

travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think it comes down to whichever you enjoy more. They are both totally different forms of exercise. Personally, I row as a warmup before lifting because it's a great total body exercise and it's one of the few available machines that really warms up your back and shoulders as well as your legs. But for longer cardio sessions (more than 15 minutes) I don't like it. It's just a personal thing. I would much prefer to spend time on the bag for two reasons. First, it's more fun (to me). Second, there are a lot more variations available to work lower body, upper body, flexability, and cardio. Plus, bags take up less room if you're hurting for space, require little maintenance, and last forever if not abused.
    30, M, 6'0"
    07//01/06 - 187 lbs - 8-9% BF
    Goal: 199 lbs - <10% by '07

Registered User MadMushroomMan15's Avatar
    MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadMushroomMan15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well as a rower, I'd do the rowing machine. I use it for my HIIT because it drops the weight and helps me with my sport. Try intense 500m intervals.

bear82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bear82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bear82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bear82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heavy bag and a speed jumprope. throw a hoodie on and get angry. second, whats wrong with good old fashioned running? just buy a good pair of running shoes at a specialty store so that they will fit your foot type/goal. last i checked, if u want definition in ur legs, what will do it better than high rep squats and running 20miles a week? i do it and i'm 265lbs and still consistently losing 2-3lbs a week.
    TRY doesn't exist...
    what you CAN do doesn't matter...
    only your accomplishments prove who you are

The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get whichever you enjoy more

Painnnnn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m stuck w same decision but both because rower I never lost a pound I’m at all but fun for Tabatas. Boxing bag yes you loose weight...and it’s wayyy harder please makes the rower look like garbage but it’s fun to do a lazy then hit a bag 😂

Painnnnn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Haha omg I’m buying a hoodie now lol

latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000) latverian41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No contest. Heavy bag

Do three minutes on the heavy bag (but better know how to throw or you can break your wrist) vs three minutes on The rowing machine and you will have your answer.