ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000)

Wrist paina after bicep curl

Hey guys, I exepriance wrist pain after about 2 sets of bicep curls on a bench. I use 35 pound slabs on the bar with the 2 indents? I'm not sure what its called. Any advice would be apreciated. Stan.

pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500) pineapple_guy is not very helpful. (-500)
    Perhaps you need to try cable curls, I found this to be a much more comfortable movement for me.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you probably just have weak wrists, work on strengthening the wrist with exercises like wrist curls, wrist rolls, and weight levering.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000) ViceStan is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice, Stan.

AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It could be some irritation to the wrist if you aren't used to the cambered bar. Or, your wrists could be slightly weak. Either way, start doing some forearm exercises to strengthen your wrists up.

Regards,
    Abrams
    Oh-oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
    what so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, or the ramparts we watched,
    were so gallantly streaming.

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there.

Oh-oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
    O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?

jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ViceStan View Post
    Hey guys, I exepriance wrist pain after about 2 sets of bicep curls on a bench. I use 35 pound slabs on the bar with the 2 indents? I'm not sure what its called. Any advice would be apreciated. Stan.

If you're using a straight bar that can cause wrist pain in some people. Also, don't use too heavy of weights. Your lats can take over and may get pain in your elbow joints and forearms. A lot of people may not agree on here, but, dumbbells are built more for bicep exercises than barbells.

Je vais finir par l'avoir -=MD=-'s Avatar
    -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I got that all the time when I did preacher curls... then the pain just disappeared. I guess my wrists got stronger.
    "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jmusclehead View Post
    If you're using a straight bar that can cause wrist pain in some people. Also, don't use too heavy of weights. Your lats can take over and may get pain in your elbow joints and forearms. A lot of people may not agree on here, but, dumbbells are built more for bicep exercises than barbells.
    I don't think it's the bar really, it's just weak wrists, I used to get on either bar, than I started actually training my grip and wrists and the pain went away.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    I don't think it's the bar really, it's just weak wrists, I used to get on either bar, than I started actually training my grip and wrists and the pain went away.
    You might be right about that. Maybe some wrist curls and other wrist strengthening exercises will help alleviate the problem.....