Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My no-BS Methyl Masterdrol log

I've read plenty of logs on here and 99.9% of them are really good, but personally, they all still left me with questions about the product/gains/effects/etc. SO, I decided to do a very in-depth(some may feel too in-depth) log of my PH cycle.

For the record I'm 25, short with a small bone structure, been working out off and on for about 8 years, seriously for about 2-2 1/2 years. Gaining weight is very hard for me, and before anyone says it, yes I eat enough. I eat a lot, and good healthy food only. Maybe some pizza once a month, that's it. The only part of my diet that might need work is that I could stand to drink a bit more water.

I've gone from 114 to 145 naturally, and I haven't been able to break 145 ever in my life (some of you may laugh or again say that I just need to eat more, but trust me, I have). 3 months ago I was in a nasty motorcycle wreck and dislocated my shoulder and ground off a bit of my kneecap (I didn't use that part anyways) and I lost some weight due to being bed-ridden. Got down to about 129 to be exact. Also due to this I can't train my legs too overly hard or heavy. I lost a LOT of strength in my legs though, so I'm doing what I can. So now I'm sick of having trouble gaining, so I decided to try a cycle of masterdrol. I'm a couple days into it, so I'll post what has happened so far.

It's a 3 week cycle, 10mg/20/20

I have Nolvadex for my PCT, and 6-oxo, fenugreek, tribulus
    I'm also taking milk thistle, saw palmetto, and hawthorne berry with my methyl. And plenty of water.

Also, I work out in the mornings during the week, before work, and the gym I use only has dumbells for freeweights. so most exercises are on machines. For tuesday and saturday (leg days) I drive out to a different gym to use barbells.

Day 1 (last saturday) Legs
    starting weight: 139.6
    Nothing special noted, decent leg workout, but I was rushed for time.

Day 2 - surfing
    I noticed a good pump in my upper lats and triceps when paddling, a bit more than usual. Other than that, nothing.

Day 3 - Chest/triceps/calves/abs
    I don't feel any different, but... well, see for yourself:
    weight: 142.4
    incline bench press up 20 pounds, to 225 for 10 reps
    decline bench up 5 pounds
    overhead triceps extension up 15 pounds
    calves, no increase in weight or endurance noted.
    abs - big boost in endurance. I mean, HUGE boost.
    At least 1 pound of that weight gain is likely water, I really made a point to drink a lot of water over the weekend. But I definitely feel a bit stronger.

And for the details....

As far as side effects, nothing out of the ordinary has been noticed. People say your nuts shrink on things such as this. I have not noticed any shrinkage whatsoever, however I have noticed that they don't quite hang as low as before. Sexual performance has not changed at all either. I'm trying to eat more also, so I gain muscle instead of burning fat, and of course due to that I'm in the bathroom more. This stuff has definitely increased my appetite. I don't really feel any thirstier than normal on it though. I noticed a slight lactose intolerant- style reaction yesterday after drinking a quart of milk, which is odd, I've never had any kind of reaction (the poops) to drinking lots of milk, I've always thrived on it.
    Don't call me bro. I'm not your brother.
    Rack your weights. Don't be a douchebag.
    People who wear grip straps and gloves make me laugh.

infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I forgot to add, Sunday night I slept terribly, so those great gains I had on monday were after getting about 5 non-consecutive hours of sleep. I didn't sleep too well last night either.

Today will be a leg day again, afterwards either some surfing or a bike ride (I live in hawaii, I need to take advantage of these things )

I have high expectations for leg day today. I feel good.

Also, my other supplements:
    Vitamin World's brand of chocolate whey protein (actually tastes good!), creatine, and NO are my main supplements. My preworkout shake contains:

5g creatine
    uh.. 1 scoop NO
    ~10g protein
    3-4g glutamine
    BCAAs
    then I eat a banana. 25 minutes later, I workout

Post workout shake is the same, but no NO and 40g of protein instead. I also take a multivitamin, B complex, and some glucosamine. I have a bottle of gakic, but I've never noticed anything from it, so it's one of those "Take when I remember" kind of supplements. It's mostly ignored. I also drink the premade muscle milk drinks, as they are tasty and fairly calorie dense.

Oh, just one thing: please don't post just to tell me to take a different brand of something, I'm quite happy with my supplements. They taste good, they work, and they cost a LOT less than other brands. Vitamin world rocks.

I'll post again after I get to work my legs.

Day 4 - legs
    Unfortunately, I didn't notice any huge increase in strength or endurance in my legs. However, I did get the infamous lower back pump today. It wasn't really bad, nor did it affect my workout, but it was definitely noticable. Some stretching and water and it calmed down a lot.

I did a search on here for tom platz and read about him before my leg workout. Good motivation

Chicken and sweet potato time!

Day 5 - back/biceps/calves
    No increase in reps on narrow grip pulldowns, but I ground out a few reps extra.
    seated cable rows - added 15 pounds.
    no increase with curls, but my biceps are a touch on the weak side compared to the rest of everything.
    stronger on seated and standing calf raises also.

Couple things - this stuff gives me a huge appetite, I'm trying my best to eat all the time. I'm getting pretty damn tired of chicken all the time though, so I need to think of something new.

I did lots of stretching after my leg workout yesterday, more than usual, and today I'm more sore than usual. Go figure.
    I've felt bloated the past few days, also. More gas than usual, and my stomache feels kinda funky on ocassion.

I'vebeen busy lately and it's been screwing up my sleep patterns, so I know I'm not resting enough. Hopefully starting tomorrow night all of that will be done with and I'll be back to lots of sleep.

Tomorrow is a bike ride.

Sorry it's been a few days, honestly nothing hugely special to report though. I read that this stuff takes about a week to really take effect, and apparently that's so.

To cap up week one, nothing special, other than a 20 pound gain on my incline bench. Until.....

This morning, which I believe is day 9, I stepped on the scale. 148 even. That's a 9 pound weight gain. I've been working hard on my thighs, and I've definitely gained some mass there.

The lower back pumps went away after about two days. Also, my thighs feel sore pretty much all the time now... Like if I flex my quads hard they get pumped and start burning within a few seconds. It doesn't seem to affect my strength, but it's kinda wierd.

So to summarize the first week, 9 pound weight gain, decent strength gain and some size, and plenty of gas and some bloating. The 'boys' seem to be doing just fine also, even though I bumped it up to 20mg a few days early.

Almost forgot, today was day 9 - chest/triceps/calves

incline chest - went up 10 pounds on incline bench.
    Someone else was using the smith machine, so I just did some dumbell presses instead, for flat bench. I've never done dumbell flat bench presses, the balance is kinda... interesting.
    overhead triceps extension - no huge increase, but my elbows are kinda bad, so I can't go heavy doing those. Good strength on the pushdowns though.
    I ran out of time before I did standing calf raises, so only seated today, but I worked them nice and hard. Overall, a good workout today. Looking forwards to my back/biceps tomorrow.

Almost forgot to mention, after my workout my triceps and chest had a HUGE pump in them. I would say the best pump in my life, my chest looked like someone slapped a 2 pound steak on top of my pecs. It was awesome!

And the side effects - like I've said earlier, some gas and bloating are the only real side effects. I upped my protein intake to a good bit higher than I usually eat, so that might be part of it. No acne/bacne has been noted, and no 'roid rage' or overly-agressive behavior. I am trying to make a conscious effort to drink lots of water, but sunday I didn't drink all that much, and monday when I woke up and did the first pee of the day it was practically brown. So yeah, definitely drinking more water now.

I think one of the coolest things is that even though I don't really look 10 pounds heavier, I feel larger. It's a nice feeling.
    Last edited by infinitenexus; 12-27-2006 at 01:38 AM.

Ah, one last thing: I went to the doctor a couple days ago and my blood pressure was 108/62, so the added herbal supplements are doing their job. Resting heart rate was 64.

Alriiiiiiiighty, this morning I'm about to head out to the gym for a back workout. Wednesdays I do mostly width exercises, Sundays I do thickness. It's worked well for me, plus it allows me to work my back twice a week, which is nice since I enjoy working my back more than anything else. Deadlifts today, woohoo!

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey, man. It’s not too late to throw in some supplements for healthy lipid profiles. You should see if you can pick up some pilocosanol if it’s available. Nolvadex should also help to pick up your profiles once you hit PCT.

Remember to keep your protein intake high, especially after workouts. Your muscles can assimilate a lot more than it could naturally. And your muscles will also soak up a lot more glycogen too. Hope that your gains stay consistent, man. I suggest that you also try doing some stretches after you’re done working out. Get some more blood and nutrients into your muscles

While I would have personally tried climbing closer to your start weight, it seems like things are going good for you so far. Stretch, eat big and make sure to sleep good too. Keep stretching and eating lots through PCT because muscle memory is your friend. I know how much it sucks to slide backwards. Hope you recover good from that injury.

Thanks!

So far I've recovered just fine from my wreck, the only pain I get is if I squat ATG with really heavy weight, so I just squat with lower weight, higher reps, and just to parallel or a bit below.

I upped my protein a bit, and I think that might be part of the cause of my bloating/upset stomache. And I've been really good about stretching after I work out, something I usually kinda do when I feel like it. My wife has shown me a bunch of stretches, especially for my legs. I have some nolvadex, and I'm taking a lot of milk thistle, as well as hawthorne berry and saw palmetto, and while I haven't had any blood tests done, my blood pressure/heart rate have been great. My blood pressure has raised only a few points, and considering I measured it after walking around and doing calf raises to failure, I'd say I'm good there. I'm going to start taking a digestive aid also, to get rid of the bloating. It's not bad, but bad enough that my stomache isn't as flat as usual.

Okay, day...ummm..10 I believe it was, yesterday.

Close grip lat pull down: 180X10, that's another 10 pound increase
    I also did some deadlifts, I didn't go overly heavy, but I could tell that I was stronger. I usually go as heavy as possible for deads, as I really enjoy them, but I'm taking care not to get busy with the lower back pump, which has calmed down.
    I did some one armed dumbell rows, which I don't get the chance to do often. I started with the 85s for 10 reps, and I was feeling good, so I did a set afterwards of 10 reps with the 100s. I probably could have gotten 12 or 13 reps, but my grip gave out. I'm building some good thickness in my middle back, it's nice.

Tomorrow is shoulders and triceps and maybe a bit of chest. Looking forwards to it.

I'd say if there's anywhere I need to improve, it's hydration and sleep. I've been drinking more water than usual, but I think I still need to up it some. And I need a good 8 hours of sleep each night, but I usually only get about 6-7, so I'll try to improve there.

So today should be day 11, and since the gyms were closed on Monday due to xmas, it screwed up my split, so today I just did calves and abs and lots of stretching. I added a good bit of weight to my calf raises, both seated and standing. I usually go for 15 or so reps for the seated, and 8-10 on the standing, which has worked for me so far. I have horrendous genetics for calves (sticks), but I've slowly built them up a bit, and in the past week and half I can tell that I've added a bit more. Good stuff.

Almost forgot, tomorrow morning the wife and I are heading up to northshore. 20-25 foot waves are supposed to be there, that'll be nice to see. No, I won't be surfing them, but I've never seen waves that high, so it will be nice to see them. I'll take some pictures and try to post them somewhere on here, or at least a link to them.

Also, I was stupid enough to not take before measurements or pictures, however, I guesstimate that I've added an inch to my thighs over the past 11 days, maybe more.

Ahhhh, one more thing, everyone's favorite side effect of high testosterone: random erections! I have a high natural sex drive anyways, so the past few days on this stuff I've been thinking about nothing but sex. Granted, I'm not complaining much, but wow, I'm definitely a walking hard-on.

A male lion, that's what it is. That's how this stuff makes you feel. Pretty lazy, except when it comes time to mate or exert yourself, then hey, look out!

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A male lion describes it good. I also felt like I was going through puberty again. My manager called me down to talk to me and I had to sit at my desk and try to make up excuses while I thought unsexy thoughs!! True story. LOL

Things sound like they're going good. But if it's at all possible, you should try getting more sleep. That's one of my regrets. Going from 9 hours to 7-7.5 hours of sleep each night. When and if cortisol decides to rebound, it'll be hard to hold onto your gains. You otherwise sound like you're doing good. Keep it up.

ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For the cortisol take Retain by Anabolic Xtreme or Phosphotidyl Serine. PS works really well and there is a study done on bikers that you could look up on pub med. It lowered cortisol on average by 30%

Nice, thanks for the advice guys.

Originally Posted by ironhead184 View Post
    For the cortisol take Retain by Anabolic Xtreme or Phosphotidyl Serine. PS works really well and there is a study done on bikers that you could look up on pub med. It lowered cortisol on average by 30%
    I’ve never heard of Phosphotidyl Serine before. I’ll look into that. Thanks!

Hope that things are still going pretty smoothly. Any more cramping or back pumps at all? I would get weird back pumping episodes from time to time. Other times it’d be completely fine.

Once it got really bad when I was driving on the highway and it became pretty agonizing. If you don’t already have some taurine, NOW taurine cost me like $5 CAD and it was my best friend on-cycle.

My NO drink has taurine in it, and something else I take has it also. Thanks for that tip, I have gotten the lower back pump.

Day 12 was the day before yesterday, shoulders and some chest and triceps. I had a great shoulder workout, starting of with standing barbel presses. I do them behind my neck until me medial delts get really tired, about 8 reps, then immediately go in front of my head, so the front delts can help finish them off. I think it's working nicely for me. Then I did some bent over laterals for my rear delts, and the a couple sets of side laterals. No big increase in those. Afterwards I did some flat bench presses, which was great, because I usually can only use hammer strength machines. I did 3-4 sets, going up to a fairly heavy set for 6 reps. Afterwards I spotted my wife doing some benching, and when she was resting in between sets, I grabbed the bar and flipped it over my head and did some standing skull crushers. I've never done them heavy before, as my elbows can be tricky at that angle, but they've been getting a lot better, so I'm doing them more. Anyways, a couple of sets of those, maybe 4, and I was feeling good, a nice pump in the triceps. Oh yeah, I also did a couple sets of shrugs, forgot to put that in there
    After all that, I sat down and did some one-arm dumbell overhead extensions (I don't know what the technical name for them is), another two sets, feeling good all the way. After that, I did two supersets of cable crossovers and rope-grip triceps pushdowns, stripping the pushdowns twice for a total of around 25 reps. I finally stopped after that because my wife wanted to go. I didn't feel a huge increase in strength that day, but I felt like I could have worked out for 3 hours without getting tired or bored. I got a great triceps workout also, so I'm happy. Tris are a bit of a weak point on me.

Day 13, yesterday. Thighs.

I had lower back pumps/pain most of this day, and they interfered with my workout. Kinda sucks. Anyways, I'm trying to do my squat workouts like Platz, using his stance and higher reps. I think it's working decently for me. I can do reps on squats all day long, but I have trouble really exerting myself, so for the max weight stuff I go to the leg press. I put my old 5RM on the leg press, and was ableto squeeze out a set of 9 reps with it. Great increase there, even with the lower back pump. My legs felt decently worked at this point, but I know I can handle a lot more on this stuff, so I decided to try a Mike Mentzer style quad workout. I did 15 reps on the leg extension, though it wasn't to failure, then ran over to the leg press and did a weight that was roughly my 5 rep max, then went to the squat rack and squatted 135 with a really narrow stance for as many reps as possible. I rested about 5 minutes and did it again. After that I had trouble walking. It was great

So yesterday I had lower back pump problems, but I still got a good workout. I'm really focusing on my form with squats also, and they are getting really good and smooth. I also avoid locking out my knees.

Today is day 14, and will be a back/biceps/calf day, with emphasis on back thickness. My spinal erectors have really grown, all the way up. I've added a notable amount of thickness there, from waistline all the way up to the bottom of my traps, which have also grown visibly. I'm really looking forwards to today's back workout. I think I'll try the 105 pound dumbbells on the one armed rows.

Okay, for the nasty details now. Nothing really special, except for the annoying lower back pumps and some crap. Lots of crap. The volume and frequency of my bowel movements has increased quite a bit. Yesterday after my leg workout I probably crapped 2 pounds. I think I might be getting used to it a tiny bit, my gas has calmed down, but it's still there.

Note: dont take masterdrol while on a date

Well, after a little bit of thought, I've decided to up the dosage to 30mg for the last week. I'm also going to eat everything I can get my hands on and do everything possible to push the intensity into tom platz territory. I've been eating a proper amount so far, and good wholesome food, but I'm just going to stuff myself with anything and everything that's decently healthy now.

The side effects so far have only been some gas and bloating, large requent bowel movements, and some lower back pumps. I have had no acne, bacne, or aggression. Hell, I've kept my temper even though for the past 2 weeks we've been babysitting a friends dog, who is cute but a bit of a brat and untrained. If I can keep my temper with someone else's dog ****ting on my stairs, I think I'm pretty good. Also, my balls haven't changed since about day 4-5. They pulled up a bit closer to my body, that's it, no shrinkage, hell it's not even really noticable. I have a very high natural sex drive anyways, so all I've really noticed is a slight increase there, but what it mostly is, is the ease of getting erections. Practically every time I hug my wife, I'm popping a chubby. Kinda funny to me. Heh.

Okay, so yesterday's back day, day 14. Usually an hour or two before I work out, I have 2 servings of quaker oatmeal, with some brown sugar and raisins, and I'm full of energy. Yesterday I didn't do that, I just had and egg white omelet with turkey bacon and a whole wheat english muffin. Tasty, but I prefer eating lots of carbs, so when I went to the gym yesterday, I just didn't have the energy or drive. I warmed up on deadlifts, did one heavy set and stopped. I also wanted to avoid a lower back pump though, so that's another reason for stopping the deads. I did well on the narrow grip pulldowns, two sets of my 10RM, then I went over and did the 100s for the one armed dumbell rows. My grip strength seems to have improved, also. I've kinda slacked off training my biceps for a while, I just don't really enjoy it much, so while I haven't really lost any size in them, I lost a lot of strength. So for my bis I did straight barbell curls, a decently heavy set of I think it was 12 reps, until I had to cheat to get it up, then I dropped twenty pounds and did more until total failure, then dropped down to a 25 pound barbell and did that to failure. I did that twice. Great pump after doing that, so I rested a minute or so and did some dumbell curls, one set to failure. One thing I've noticed is that when my triceps get pumped up, they are a lot bigger than normal, but when my bis get pumped, they don't really seem to get bigger. Ah well.

I'm currently downing a bunch of oatmeal, and after digesting that we'll be onto day 15, chest and triceps. I've been emphasizing upper chest, putting it first, so that now my upper chest is halfway decent, and my middle chest mass is pretty good, but I'm lacking the lower/outer chest mass that makes the pecs look big, so for the next month or so I think I'm going to prioritize flat bench press. I'll have to use the smith machine in the gym I usually use during the week. Today I have off, so I'll be going to a different gym, one that is predominately free weights.

Another thing: I'm in the Army, and due to my wreck, and my knee, I can't run. So in the mornings when we get together to do PT, since I can't run, and since I'm a certified personal trainer, my platoon sergeant usually just tells me to go to the gym, which is right by where we exercise. This is why I don't really have a choice as to what gym I go to during the week. On the weekends though, I use the main gym here at Pearl Harbor, which is a pretty nice one. All the subs and ships had lights on them for the holidays, it looked really neat.

Oh, and a few posts up when I mentioned the waves, I went out to take the pictures, but the weather was ****, it was sprinkling the whole time, and the disposable camera I bought didn't have a zoom, so they didn't turn out that great. I think I'll try again Tuesday.

More updates after today's workout.

Damn, sweet updates, man. You’ve been keeping me nice and busy while I’m at work.

That sucks that the lower back pumps are setting in a little. To be honest, I didn’t squat or deadlift at all during my cycle. I couldn’t. I should have really stocked up on the taurine because I was just taking a gram or two here and there. 2-3g seems to be the magic number.

That’s weird that you’re getting GI problems, man. Are you carbing up much or eating fats with your MM? I’ve heard of people getting a little hypo, but that’s all as far as I can remember. Have you gotten any shin pumps either??? My shin muscles would get so pumped after walking a few steps, I’d have trouble getting to the lunch room and back. One night when the water in our city was turbid from extreme rain, I had to walk about 2km to pick up some bottled water when I hit the gym, and it took me FOREVER. I had to stop and just stand in the rain while the pumps subsided lol

Hope that you’re able to finish strong! Sounds like it’s working out pretty well right now. You planning on posting any pics once you’re done?

ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironhead184 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont recommend that you go for 30 mg during the last week. Most people experience the same amount of gains on 20 mg. It will be easier on your libido, bp, and liver. From the looks of it, though, your libido appears to be fine. You really have no shut down??

Okay, I tried replying three times last night and it wouldn't let me, so TEST TEST TEST

Good, it works. Man, I typed out a LOT of stuff last night and it wouldn't post. Fortunately, I ctrl+s'ed it and didn't turn the computer off, so I still gots it. This was last night's post, day 15:

I'm not a hundred percent sure what you mean by shut down, but all my equipment seems to be just fine. The boys are up a bit closer to my body, that's all, everything works just fine. For that matter, I feel like I could impregnate half the country. Thanks for the tip on staying at 20mg. I missed my noon dosage today, so just this morning and evening for today, so I kinda ended up staying at 20mg anyways. I guess it was meant to be

I'm trying to eat plenty of carbs while on this, and low GI also. A serving and a half or two of oats around twice a day, as well as good carbs with my meals, that's what I'm aiming for. I do try to eat plenty of healthy fats, if nothing else because they are calorie dense and help me get more calories in. No shin pumps, just the lower back, and I'm sure my water intake has a good effect on that. I'm drinking a good amount of water, but I probably need more, so I'm trying my best there. Oh, I weighed myself after my workout today, and I was 149.6. ALMOST THERE!! Finally, I'll hit 150. I must have a crazy metabolism or something, if a weight like 150 is so hard for me. Ah well.

I don't think I had enough calories today, though I tried my best, simply because of the amount of time I spent in the gym. I'm definitely not complaining though, it was GREAT!!

Day 15 - chest/triceps/calves/everything else. Best and longest workout of my life.

I headed out to the gym that I usually go to, but they were closed for the new year, so my wife and I went to Pearl Harbor's main gym. We usually avoid it, because while it is quite nice, it's also usually crowded. So I get in there and get a good, thorough chest workout. Good weight on the flat barbell benchpress, another 10 pound gain on the hammer strength incline, and about 4-5 sets of overhead triceps dumbell extensions. Afterwards, some cable flys, really squeezing hard on the contracted motion, which gave me a great pump. Then a nice burnout set of rope triceps pushdowns. Ah, I'm getting ahead of myself, let me start from the beginning.

My calves are genetic waste byproducts. 8 months ago, I literally had no curve in the sides of my calves, just straight up and down. Scrawny. Through hard work, I have built them up so that while they are skinny and still pretty weak, they have a bit of shape to them and a good, muscular look. HOWEVER... today I started off on the donkey calf machine, which I have only done once in my life, a long time ago. I start off with 140 or so pounds, to warm up, as that's about what I usually do on the standing calf raise, mid to high 100s. Easy. I go up in weight. Still easy. I keep going up, and it stays easy. Finally I just put the pin on the bottom and did the whole stack, 400 pounds, for a full set of 10 reps, from full stretch at the bottom to a full contraction at the top. Holy ****, where did that strength come from? I did two more sets that way. It was an incredible feeling, having such **** calves my entire life and then suddenly being strong. I've worked so hard with so little gains there, it was almost unbelievable. For the first time in my life, I feel like I might actually be able to be a bodybuilder. I can build muscle, I can get strong. To me it's comparable to being paralyzed and told I'll never walk again, and then taking a step by myself. Amazing. Afterwards I did the aforementioned chest/tricep workout. Another first. For the first time in my life, after doing the cable crossovers, I had striations visible in my chest. Nice ones. Woah! Good stuff.

Then something neat happened. While doing the cable crossovers with my wife, these three huge powerlifters came in and started squatting heavy, and I mean heavy. They worked quickly up to a couple sets of triples. One guy did 450, another 500-something, and then big tony does three sets of three reps with 675, all raw, all full parallel. Holy crap. I've never seen powerlifters in person before, so it was really neato. I asked them for a few tips with my squatting, cause I'm working hard but just not making much progress. Afterwards, two of them go to work on bench press and the third goes to do dips (he doesn't bench due to a sore elbow, he said). I asked him what he thinks is best for triceps, seeing as I want to work on my really hard, and his arms were easily 20 inches, and almost all triceps. So he replies "Here, work in with me." Now my triceps were already tired from my workout, but I figured, hey, why not. So I do a couple sets of weighted dips with him, good strength on those. Turns out these powerlifters are really nice guys. He takes me over to the dumbells where we do the quickest and one of the most brutal triceps exercise ever (I'll post it afterwards), then yet another brutal tri exercise for two more sets, and then as the other two finish benching, we all make introductions and I start working out with them.

My lower back was a bit sore, not pumped, but sore as in from a workout. I made sure to stretch really well, but it was still a bit sore. So our next exercise was (not sure what to call it) single arm, between the leg dumbell snatches. Turns out I'm pretty strong there, but WOW that works the lower/middle back erectors hard. After a few hard sets of those, we keep going. I worked my back yesterday, but I figured hey, I'm doing 'roids anyways, and I'm having fun, so who cares, right? Next we did heavy lat pulldowns, and then heavy dumbell rows. One of the guys shows me a technique that makes them a trillion times harder, and uses more of the core back muscles. At this point my lower back is burning, and fortunately that's it for the back, no deadlifting today. After that we chilled and chatted for a bit. I only did a couple exercises with them, but damn was I tired afterwards. I drank lots of water, downed my protein and stretched for a good 15 minutes. They invited me back, so every monday, wednesday, and friday afternoon I'm going to work out with them, each of those days they do squat, deads, bench, and other things thrown in. Also noted, although they only train as powerlifters, every one of them had a look similar to what I want, namely massively strong shoulder area, thick thighs, and big triceps. Squat narrow for more sweep? Uhh, sure, all three of these guys squat PL style and all three had great legs. I'm sold.

A powerlifter is born I can't wait to start on Wednesday. I'll add some size to these chickens! Altogether I spent around three hours in the gym, long enough to cut into my eating time, but I really didn't care, I had a huge smile on my face the entire time. And wow, I'm already sore in places I've never been sore at before. I love it!

Okay, the two tri exercises:

Take light dumbells and lay back on a bench, doing dumbell skull crushers with both arms simultaniously. Do 10 reps, then rest for only 10 seconds, then do the next set the same way. It's a total of five sets. Around set three you should start to get really worn out and probably won't finish the set, so you immediately drop the dumbells and pic up ones 5 pounds lighter and finish the set with those, then do the rest of your sets, only resting ten seconds inbetween. If you reach failure with the lighter set of dumbells, then it's forced rep time, until you finish all the sets. Highly effective.

The other one was at the cable machine, using the rope handles. Do a good heavy set of ten reps, standing facing the stack. Immediately as you're done, turn around and bend over, doing ten reps with your upper body parallel to the ground and arms overhead, targeting the long head of your triceps. After ten reps of that, immediately turn around and do any you can back with the normal standing form. Quick and brutal. I love it.

Man, I'm so excited to start lifting with these guys Wednesday. I guess in the mornings I'm just going to work my weak points, rear delts,calves, biceps, and probably a bit of light cardio and abs, and save the heavy stuff for M/W/F afternoons. AHHHHH!!! I love it.

Oh, and to top it off, when I went to bed last night my wife jumped me, so I'm definitely sure my stuff works well. One kinda funny thing: After sex I had a good pump in my quads and abs, ha ha. I think yesterday was one of the best days of my life, really.

So today is day 16. I wasn't able to eat enough yesterday, so I wasn't expecting much when I weighed myself this morning. No real change in weight, though I've noticed that I have lost a tad bit of fat (I don't have much anyways, though). I believe I now have less bodyfat than when I started my cycle, so all of my gains are purely muscle.

Also, looking in the mirror, it's obvious I've gained muscle mass. I couldn't really point to any specific muscle and say "I gained a lot right here!", but it seems like every single muscle in my body has gained a little. It's enough that the shoulder area of my shirts fit tighter now. My wife commented yesterday whilst driving home that my delts looked a lot bigger.

And the morning after my big workout yesterday: My chest is nice and sore, I think from the cable crossovers. I'm really squeezing hard on those, and it gives me a great pump. My triceps aren't as sore as I was expecting, even though I did a total of something around 17 sets, with over half of them taken to failure or beyond. Man, this Masterdrol does seem to help with recovery. Hell, working my back two days in a row, with heavy dumbell rows both days, and no back soreness, except for a bit below the shoulder blades. I'm sore in some wierd rear delt areas, and my lower back isn't pumped, but it's sore from working it, and the rear obliques, whatever those are called, are sore also. And one thing I'm not really used to, my biceps are really sore, much sorer than they've been in a looooong time, which is funny, considering that I didn't do any direct work for them at all.

Anyways, day 16 was just calves and rotator cuff exercises. I was going to do some more, but I was a tad pressed for time, and I'm a bit sore. Woohoo! I'm still really excited about working out with the powerlifters on Wednesday.

Man, I get on a tangent and forget everything.

I'm going to try to post some after pictures. I didn't take any before pictures, but I might have some laying around somewhere.

Okay, day 17. I got there a tad late, so I missed them squatting, so while they were doing bench I squatted. I didn't bench that day as my chest was still sore. Anyways, I usually squat really narrow, with my feet about 6-8" apart, focusing on that outer sweep. I widened my stance a bit, just to shoulder width, and my poundages went right up, I increased by about 30 pounds. After that we did stiff leg deadlifts, using 25 pounders on the bar for a longer range of motion. I did 295 for a set of 7 reps at the end, and that's really good for me, especially considering I havent deadlifted much since my wreck, and never over 225. After that, lots of stretching and a protein shake. I weighed myself that morning, and I finally hit my goal, 150.4 pounds. Wahoo! However, by the late afternoon I was 149.6, probably due to the enormous crap I took. Like I said, masterdrol definitely increased that aspect of my life.

Turns out these guys are doing a program really similar to the 5X5 that everyone raves about.

Day 18 was nothing special, just some calves, rear delts and rotator cuff exercises and a bit of abs, and plenty of stretching. Weight still at 149.8.

Day 19 was today, and it was pretty nice. A good calf workout in the morning, a good breakfast and meals afterwards, and I got off work early. Unfortunately I still ended up getting to the gym after the other guys, so I missed part of their workout, so i was kinda playing catchup. I hopped under the squat rack and warmed up and did a set of 6 reps with 225 with only a shoulder width stance, going to full parallel, which is really good for me. Remember, I am pretty much starting from nothing when it comes to legs. After a couple sets of 225, Joe came over and showed me the proper way to squat like a powerlifter, and I tried that. It's going to take some getting used to, and I can't go heavy yet as I'm not used to it, but I can feel that the weight just feels easier that way. I'm still going to squat narrow on occasion to make sure I get a good outer sweep, but I'm definitely going to squat a bit more PL style for a while, to see how strong I can get. Lots of stretching afterwards. I was pleased with my strength today, as Ive been really tired all day. I've had trouble sleeping lately, probably due to the odd holiday schedule, and I'm not used to waking up early again yet. I also only did a few sets of deadlifts today, my lower back started to pump. Joe worked with my form on that also, apparently my standard deadlift is pretty much a stiff-legged deadlift, I'm lifting with all back strength. So now Ill be doing it correctly, lifting with more glutes/legs, so that should be good for my leg development and overall strength. Afterwards I had this strange craving for a cheese burger so my wife and I went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. I ate it, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. I've noticed that the longer I eat good healthy food, the worse everything else tastes. About a month ago I was in a time crunch and went to burger king and got a chicken sandwich, and it was freakin horrendous. Ah well.

Tomorrow will be delts/triceps/lats/biceps. I think I'm going to keep those muscles on Saturdays, since M/W/F I'll be doing the main PL lifts. Good stuff.

Oh yeah, I weighed myself an hour or so ago, right after my workout, and I was back up to 150.6. Good good.

Hmm.... Only a couple days left on the cycle, so I guess I'll try to finalize everything. I gained a good, solid 10 pounds of muscle (according to my calipers, I haven't gained any fat) and I've gained a good bit of strength on my main lifts. Here's the stats there:

Hammer Strength incline bench - started at 205 for 10 reps, now up to 245 for 10 reps.

Narrow grip lat pulldowns - started at 170 for 8-9 reps, now 180 for 10 reps.

Squatting - Max was a paltry 185 barely to parallel, for 5 shaky reps with a breath inbetween. Now 225 for 6-8 reps, down to parallel

Overhead triceps extension: On the machine I use, I went from about 50 pounds to 85, all for 10 reps. I also have noticed the long head of my triceps is much more noticable due to this, and my horseshoe is much better.

Deadlifts: 225 for maybe 6 reps, to currently 295 for 7 reps, using 25 pound plates so I go down further.

One armed dumbell rows: I've always been strong here, no big gains. Went from an 85-90 pounder to a 100 pounder. Once my grip strengthens a bit more I think I can pull the 110 pounder up for 8-10 reps.

Another thing I thought was nifty: I didn't pay much mind to the increased recovery ability and endurance of this stuff until I realized that I worked out for 2 1/2 weeks straight with only like one true day off. Every day I was doing something, doing it hard, and healing quickly. No apparent signs of overtraining, even though my sleep schedule sucked. My sleeping didn't suck because of the workouts, it sucked because of my busy schedule and early mornings.

Calves - I don't remember the exact numbers, but I gained a good bit of strength there also.

So the positive side: 10-11 pounds of muscle, great strength gains, no gains in fat. No moodiness or zits.

Negatives: increased gas and #2, enough that my waist is probably an inch larger sometimes because I'm bloated. It should go away once I finish the cycle and my waist will be back to normal. I have also noticed the lethargy that is often associated with methyl masterdrol. The lower back pump. A strange muscle soreness feeling that's kinda hard to describe. Overall very minor, nothing serious.

I'm happy with the results so far, and as long as my PCT goes well, in roughly 6 or 7 months I'll probably do another cycle, maybe by then I can get closer to 175, which I have set as my new goal. I know that I don't have the genetics to be anything other than a lightweight bodybuilder, but at least now I have that hope. I have a good looking physique, I'm thinking I might try something more within the lines of fitness model, something like that. The slight side effects were well worth the gains.

Just chowing down some oatmeal with raisins, and in about an hour I'm going to hit the gym. Today has been a nice rest day, the wife and I have just hit up some video games and played with our dog and cat all day. My back is definitely the strong point, so I'm going to train it hard as usual, but my arms are really going to get it hard tonight. My arms are good, but my back is large enough that I feel it overshadows my arms, and I need some size there, especially my biceps. I'll hit my delts also.

Checking out the mirror today, I can tell I've definitely gained size in my traps, which is great. I want huge traps, seeing as I have a bit of a long neck, so large traps will help me in that area.

My stomach has been fine today, although I think it might have something to do with my diet today. I've had a lot of carbs today, and not as much protein as usual. Too much protein seems to be what's setting my guts off. I've still had more gas than usual today, but not like the past few weeks. Seeing as I'll be starting my PCT in a few days, so I seem to be getting this complex about gyno. I've been staring at my nipples all day, thinking "are they puffy? are they bigger?", but I know they aren't. I'm going to start something else during my pct to help keep the weight, maybe size-on or something along those lines. I figure the gains I'll get from that will help me keep my gains during PCT. Woohoo!

Well, my first week of PCT is over. Strange, I thought when I was on the masterdrol I would get a few zits. I think I might have gotten one. Now that I'm on PCT, I've gotten like 4. Strange. My last workout on masterdrol, last saturday I think, went really well. I did the 60 poun dumbells for shoulder presses for 8 reps, which is more than I've ever done. My weight at that time was still holding at about 150.

This past week has been good, no wierd side effects, though I'm still gassy. No gyno, and my weight is staying at about 149. Yesterday was a heavy deadlift day and I did 320X4, which is way more than I've ever done, so I'm really proud of that. AND I did it without getting a lower back pump haha. So yeah, the first week of PCT is going just fine. I'm taking Nolvadex, Novedex XT, ZMA, Fenugreek, and a bit of milk thistle still, because I've heard that Nolvadex can be hard on the liver.

My blood pressure is still good, it hovers around 108 over 62, and my resting heart rate is 47.

I'm going to stop powerlifting on Wednesdays, and only do it Monday and Friday, so make sure I'm not overtraining. I think I was getting some symptoms of it a bit ago, and I took this Wednesday off and felt alot better because of it. So now I'm goin to be doing Monday/Friday the 3 main lifts and some triceps, tuesdays and probably saturday mornings, delts, lats and biceps. Monday-Friday I'll do my calves in the morning, but alternating. One day I'll do only standing, the next day only seated, to make sure I get a bit of rest there. I think I might try higher reps for my calves also.