Closed Thread
    Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Water after food.

How long after food should i drink my huge gulps of water?

usually after food i drink like sips of 50ml of water...

Heard it somewhere its not too good to drink too much water after food due to diluting the digestive enzymes and everything...true?
    Hello

Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont drink huge gulps of water, unless im super thirsty, i just sip throughout the day, if i take huge gulps i end up feeling bloated

crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should never take huge gulps of water; it is never necessary unless you know you won't be able to have water for a prolonged period of time. Keep on sippin.
    "Did you know that there is a nerve that connects the eyeball to the anus?
    It's called the Anal Optic Nerve and gives people a ****ty outlook on life."

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."

Ronald Reagan

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dont gulp like the ^ poster said.

Its fine to drink some water, but don't drink too much. I usually drink water before I eat.

lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    50ml isn't too much, you should be fine if you're just sipping, like the others said.

bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishlawy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    drink as much as u feel u need , water is ok at any time . dont stay till u r thirsty , u should be hydrated al the time
    bishlawy :only the strong shall survive

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Alfz View Post

Heard it somewhere its not too good to drink too much water after food due to diluting the digestive enzymes and everything...true?
    A lot of it comes down to personal preference... You can decide for yourself - whether to drink a lot to feel full faster or don't drink much to be able to eat more, etc... , or for whatever other reason...

But there are no absolutes... so ff course, drinking huge amounts could cause you problems.

“Even in bad cases, eight ounces of fluid is generally allowable at each meal.”
    http://www.oldandsold.com/articles07/eat-20.shtml

“(2) Is it okay to drink water during meals? This is interesting as a lot of complementary practitioners recommend against drinking water with meals, believing it dilutes the stomach acid and, hence, interferes with proper digestion. Technically this is not true, Dr. B says, as the water probably doesn't significantly mix with digestive juices. So for the record it's only people who are having problems making enough stomach (hydrochloric) acid who need to worry about this. However, too little hydrochloric acid, known as hypochlorhydria, is said to occur in up to 47 percent of the general population, the highest incidence being found in older people.”
    http://www.consciouschoice.com/2001/...cious1406.html

“There is a common belief that drinking several glasses of water just before eating, or during a meal, will help to reduce food intake, because the water helps make the stomach feel full. There is actually little or no scientific evidence in support of this belief. In fact, it appears that eating high-moisture foods (rather than drinking water with or before a meal) does a better job of reducing the amount of food eaten. For example, one recent study found that having a bowl of soup before main course led to an overall 16% reduction in kilojoule intake compared to not starting with soup. Vegetables and fruits are other high-moisture foods that should help with weight control when eaten with meals (or as between-meal snacks), by making the stomach feel full.”
    http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/Fo...ration_faq.asp

“Tips to increase your water intake:
    · Invest in a 32-ounce sports bottle. Fill it with ice water and keep it handy throughout the day. Drink two of these each day.
    · Water down your meals and snacks. Complement food with water, milk or juice. Occasionally start your meals with soup.
    · Refresh yourself at snack time with juice, milk or sparkling water.
    · Before, during and after any physical activity, drink water, especially in hot weather. Consume 4 to 8 ounces of water every 15 to 20 minutes while you exercise. Dont wait until you feel thirsty.
    · Add a lemon, lime or orange slice to jazz up your glass of water.
    http://www.meals.com/Articles/Themed...px?articleID=8

“There are no fixed times for drinking water but... - Before breakfast, drink a glass of water while still lying down: the fluid is absorbed more rapidly and stimulates drainage and purification of the body. - Do not forget that a glass of water before a meal helps "freshen up" the palate. - During meals, drink a glass of water between each course in order to prepare your palate for different tastes. - Between meals, never worry about drinking too much and consume at least one large glass every two hours. - Before going to bed, drink a large glass of water to help "wash your body through". Always take small mouthfuls which quench the thirst more efficiently than big ones.”
    http://www.water-institute.com/uk/h-...eing_rules.asp

“Stay well hydrated by drinking water with meals and snacks. Most adults should consume about 2.5 – 3 litres (10.5 – 12.5 cups) of fluid per day, but more is needed in warm environments or during exercise.”
    http://www.longos.com/eng/sandra_saville/june_2005.asp

“Myth: Drinking water with meals interferes with digestion.
    Truth: Water does not dilute digestive juices, nor does it rush undigested food through your system. In fact, digestive juices work best in a semi-fluid environment. What water can do is take up some stomach space and give you a feeling of fullness before you have eaten much. If you are a weight watcher, you can use this to your advantage.”
    http://www.punjablinks.com/addons/health/water.shtml

“[I just read in a vegetarian cookbook that you shouldn't drink water with meals. It keeps you from digesting the food and absorbing nutrients properly. The title of the cookbook is The American Vegetarian Cookbook from the Fit for Life Kitchen, by Marilyn Diamon.]
    Thanks, now I know what cookbook NOT to buy. Cookbooks are written by, well, cooks, not by nutritionists or scientists. The purpose of the authors is, of course, to sell books. They should not be getting into giving unsubstantiated, nutritional advice. That said, I can remember discussing this very question during one of my nutrition classes at Penn State. The teacher, who had a doctorate in nutrition by the way, found the idea laughable that drinking water with meals is somehow harmful. The body is more than able to
    compensate for some water intake with a meal. What irks me is how often I hear people changing their eating habits based on them "having read something, somewhere that something was somehow bad" -- never mind that the source was questionable, and the claim unsubstantiated. To substantiate what I just said above, I tried searching PubMed (which indexes abstracts in Medline and other sources) for relevant abstracts. I couldn't find anything specifically on the question of the absorption of nutrients. But I did find a couple interesting studies. One study with rats determined concluded, "The results are similar to those found in humans and suggest that food intake is modified by fluid intake, whereas, fluid intake is primarily determined by food
    intake" (Physiol Behav 1989 May;45(5):861-70 The interactions of fluid
    and food intake in the spontaneous feeding and drinking patterns of
    rats. de Castro JM). So if one is trying to loose weight, then drinking water with meals is a good idea. Another showed that water ingestion did not alter glycemic and insulin responses in diabetics (Water volume and consumption time: influence on the glycemic and insulinemic responses in non-insulin-dependent diabetic subjects. Gregersen S, Rasmussen O, Winther E, Hermansen K. Am J Clin Nutr 1990 Sep;52(3):515-8).”
    http://www.fitnessforoneandall.com/n...utrition-3.htm

"There is no proof to support the theory that you shouldn't drink water with meals: your digestive juices can cope perfectly well with it. It usually only causes problems if you suffer from digestive ailments like acid reflux or hiatus hernia, which can be aggravated by drinking lots of water with meals, or if you have such a poor appetite that you find it hard to eat enough. In such situations, it's best to take small sips of water when eating and to make up your fluid requirement between meals. Otherwise, it can both refresh your palate and stimulate your hypothalamus (the part of the brain that registers whether you've eaten enough), making you far more likely to feel satisfied after you've eaten. Water also causes the fibre within food to swell, activating stretch receptors in the stomach lining to signal when you've eaten enough. There's no nutritional difference between still and sparkling water, and you can always request a jug of iced tap water if you resent the ridiculously high prices that most restaurants charge for a bottle of branded water."
    http://observer.guardian.co.uk/foodm...488476,00.html
    Last edited by in10city; 12-16-2006 at 10:47 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Heard it somewhere its not too good to drink too much water after food due to diluting the digestive enzymes
    Err, whats wrong with diluting enzymes?
    (Its not the same as diluting stomach acid which would rise pH).

noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10) noahklop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what the heck gulping is bad? That is retarted. I drink like 2 glasses at each meal, first glass while im eating meal, 2nd i down right after. Do what works for you. "Gulping is bad". Freakin retarted

DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    While eating a meal i'll drink about 300ml of water for dinner and tea(two of my bigger meals)

Then after a little meal i'll down about 400-600ml of water really fast.

Then theres water with my protein shakes which is about 200ml at a time

alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in10city's post summed it up... water is always good.

Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok thanks in10city
    Hello

patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrotoc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Drink as much as you want

applesauce the destroyer sanpedro's Avatar
    sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't gulp, sip

if you have problem learning to sip then get one of those "camel packs" that hikers use
    .(>^_^).> <3

|||----.(^_^).----|||
    cutting
    HIIT sprints
    swimming

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    From a technical point of view, I would be less concerned about diluting the acid and more concerned about enzymes... However....

I really dont see where the logic of this comes. pH is a logarithmic base 10 scale, meaning that to change the pH from 0 to 1, the acid has to be 10 times more dilute, at least the normality has to be...

Pepsin is the only major enzyme that I know that is secreted by the stomach to aid in digestion, the rest of the enzymes are secreted in the duodenum (the first part of the intestine). Gastric juices (acid) and gastric contractions churn the food so that its easier for the intestine to absorb nutrients.

Here is the catch: people w/o pepsin can actually digest the food. Pepsin is not that important. (Berney and Levy, Physiology)

Now, I admit that I have not seen a chart depicting where water absortion takes place, but just from the top of my head, I remember that some of it takes place in the stomach.

So, by the time the food reaches the duodenum, water is probably absorb. Also, I find it really hard to believe how the ball of food that is propelled to the duodenum via gastric emptying can have a significant amount of water that will somehow be contained within the really long long intestine and then affect the concentration of enzymes... The chyme (food) is wet and it dries out as it passes thru the intestine, but I can not imagine that most of the water is absorbed before any major digestion takes place.

Just my 2 cents.

I have heard however that its good to drink water during the meal so it helps you feel full!

Oh well...

Most of this is irrelevant. It does not hurt either way!.
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)
    -Not a Dr. in Nutrition or any other Human Biology Field-
    Fish Scientist / Computer Geek / Gymaholic
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Ovolactate Pescaterian and scientist.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sanpedro View Post
    don't gulp, sip

if you have problem learning to sip then get one of those "camel packs" that hikers use
    Most individuals would have to go out of their way to get one of those. Would a baby bottle do ???
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

applesauce the destroyer sanpedro's Avatar
    sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sanpedro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Most individuals would have to go out of their way to get one of those. Would a baby bottle do ???
    those things kick serious butt tho

they're great for running distance
    .(>^_^).> <3

|||----.(^_^).----|||
    cutting
    HIIT sprints
    swimming

Originally Posted by reefpicker View Post
    From a technical point of view, I would be less concerned about diluting the acid and more concerned about enzymes... However....

I really dont see where the logic of this comes. pH is a logarithmic base 10 scale, meaning that to change the pH from 0 to 1, the acid has to be 10 times more dilute, at least the normality has to be...

Pepsin is the only major enzyme that I know that is secreted by the stomach to aid in digestion, the rest of the enzymes are secreted in the duodenum (the first part of the intestine). Gastric juices (acid) and gastric contractions churn the food so that its easier for the intestine to absorb nutrients.

Here is the catch: people w/o pepsin can actually digest the food. Pepsin is not that important. (Berney and Levy, Physiology)

Now, I admit that I have not seen a chart depicting where water absortion takes place, but just from the top of my head, I remember that some of it takes place in the stomach.

So, by the time the food reaches the duodenum, water is probably absorb. Also, I find it really hard to believe how the ball of food that is propelled to the duodenum via gastric emptying can have a significant amount of water that will somehow be contained within the really long long intestine and then affect the concentration of enzymes... The chyme (food) is wet and it dries out as it passes thru the intestine, but I can not imagine that most of the water is absorbed before any major digestion takes place.

Just my 2 cents.

I have heard however that its good to drink water during the meal so it helps you feel full!

Oh well...

I thuoght theres Prorennin excreted too? Converts to Rennin by acid.
    Hello

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got this from wikkipedia:
    "Rennet is a natural complex of enzymes produced in any mammalian stomach to digest the mother's milk. Rennet contains a proteolytic enzyme (protease) that coagulates the milk, causing it to separate into solids (curds) and liquid (whey). The active enzyme in rennet is called rennin or chymosin (EC 3.4.23.4) but there are also other important enzymes in it, e. g., pepsin or lipase. There are non-animal sources for rennet substitutes."

So its not present in adult stomachs... The book I read that talk about pepsin was a human physiology book. Its a general book, but its one widely used in medical schools for their first year curriculum. So I assume they may make one or two generalizations. This is why I said "to my knowledge"...

My guess is that these enzymes (rennet complex) are not present in adults.
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)
    -Not a Dr. in Nutrition or any other Human Biology Field-
    Fish Scientist / Computer Geek / Gymaholic
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Ovolactate Pescaterian and scientist.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You get most of the water you need from your food, especially if you are eating a decent amount of fruits and vegetables.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000) heyyouwhome is a name known to all. (+5000)

Originally Posted by Swaggydoo View Post
    I dont drink huge gulps of water, unless im super thirsty, i just sip throughout the day, if i take huge gulps i end up feeling bloated
    Originally Posted by crazymutha View Post
    You should never take huge gulps of water; it is never necessary unless you know you won't be able to have water for a prolonged period of time. Keep on sippin.
    Originally Posted by Mtguy8787 View Post
    Dont gulp like the ^ poster said.

Its fine to drink some water, but don't drink too much. I usually drink water before I eat.
    Originally Posted by lafemmeforte View Post
    50ml isn't too much, you should be fine if you're just sipping, like the others said.
    Originally Posted by bishlawy View Post
    drink as much as u feel u need , water is ok at any time . dont stay till u r thirsty , u should be hydrated al the time
    A lot of it comes down to personal preference... You can decide for yourself - whether to drink a lot to feel full faster or don't drink much to be able to eat more, etc... , or for whatever other reason...

But there are no absolutes... so ff course, drinking huge amounts could cause you problems.
    Originally Posted by PopeGregorius View Post
    Originally Posted by noahklop View Post
    what the heck gulping is bad? That is retarted. I drink like 2 glasses at each meal, first glass while im eating meal, 2nd i down right after. Do what works for you. "Gulping is bad". Freakin retarted
    Originally Posted by DarthTophat View Post
    While eating a meal i'll drink about 300ml of water for dinner and tea(two of my bigger meals)

Then after a little meal i'll down about 400-600ml of water really fast.

Then theres water with my protein shakes which is about 200ml at a time
    Originally Posted by alexclark View Post
    in10city's post summed it up... water is always good.
    Ok thanks in10city
    Originally Posted by patrotoc View Post
    Drink as much as you want
    don't gulp, sip

Just my 2 cents.

Oh well...

those things kick serious butt tho

they're great for running distance
    Got this from wikkipedia:
    "Rennet is a natural complex of enzymes produced in any mammalian stomach to digest the mother's milk. Rennet contains a proteolytic enzyme (protease) that coagulates the milk, causing it to separate into solids (curds) and liquid (whey). The active enzyme in rennet is called rennin or chymosin (EC 3.4.23.4) but there are also other important enzymes in it, e. g., pepsin or lipase. There are non-animal sources for rennet substitutes."

So its not present in adult stomachs... The book I read that talk about pepsin was a human physiology book. Its a general book, but its one widely used in medical schools for their first year curriculum. So I assume they may make one or two generalizations. This is why I said "to my knowledge"...

My guess is that these enzymes (rennet complex) are not present in adults.
    Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
    You get most of the water you need from your food, especially if you are eating a decent amount of fruits and vegetables.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This is not the misc