Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hey, what's an average standing reach?

I moved recently, and I don't have a tape measure. I'll go out and buy one in the next couple days but I was wondering, what would you guess my reach at if I'm about 5'9 with average arms length? This is a really weird question I know, but I'm kinda drunk and I just did a standing jump and hit my head on something about three inches higher than my standing reach, and since I haven't measured my vertical in a long time I was wondering what about that would make it.

I know I know, worst thread of the year award. Somebody humour me and guess. Cut me some slack, I wrote two exams today.

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    it all depends. things like broad shoulders and long torsos really make a difference on this.

Registered User happygolucky2443's Avatar
    happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happygolucky2443 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am gonna throw a 7'6" out there. But I could very well be off by a few inches.

zoo4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zoo4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zoo4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zoo4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zoo4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's from 7'3 to 7'6. I am exactly average height at 5'9 and have a 7'6 reach with a 5'10 wingspan. Hope this helps.
    Always God first, always.

Stats:
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 180
    Squat: ~300
    Deadlift: 280
    Bench: 155
    Vertical: 33"

k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-mac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would have to agree with the 7'6 reach reply.
    Hard work pays off. Simple.
    I have lost over 100 pounds of fat while gaining some muscle along the way. You can reach your goals, just give it time and plenty of hard work.

Registered User straightballing's Avatar
    straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) straightballing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    My reach is 8ft when I really really fully strech out with my hand against the wall to touch my 8ft ceiling. So really its more like 7'10 and usually when I compare with others they come up about half way my hand and my hand is 8 inches. So 7'6 would be a very good guess. I'm about 6'1 and 6'5 wingspan but most people I measured against were like 5'9.

But if you hit your head on the ceiling at your house that is likely 8ft. and Ya its pretty stupid question :P too random to know.

alleyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by teriyakisaki View Post
    it all depends. things like broad shoulders and long torsos really make a difference on this.
    Don't forget about shoulder height. Two people of the same height can actually vary considerably in shoulder height due to neck and head length. If you've got very droopy, hanging, shoulders (and the hence a long neck) your standing reach would suffer. Thankfully, I've got very high square shoulders (and a very very short neck) so my standing reach is 'good'.

loco91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The range is really big. I'm half asian with a long neck and short arms, giving me a paltry 7'4 reach at almost 5'11.

On the other hand a guy at my old work is 6'1 with a back condition that stopped his growth prematurely. The dudes in his family are all tall and he has their arms. Not sure what his reach is, but his wingspan is 6'10! I've never seen him wear a shirt that fits.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by loco91 View Post
    The range is really big. I'm half asian with a long neck and short arms, giving me a paltry 7'4 reach at almost 5'11.

On the other hand a guy at my old work is 6'1 with a back condition that stopped his growth prematurely. The dudes in his family are all tall and he has their arms. Not sure what his reach is, but his wingspan is 6'10! I've never seen him wear a shirt that fits.
    If you reopen a four year old thread, you could at least reopen one that wasn't a pointless question started by drunk guy.....

MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    If you reopen a four year old thread, you could at least reopen one that wasn't a pointless question started by drunk guy.....
    Lmao.
    A good dream is always better than a bad reality.

koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koepat01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree

Madrianfg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 5'11" with a wingspan of 6'3" and a standing reach of 7' 8 1/2". I'm hoping to shed off some pounds and replace some with muscle starting this year.

MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500) MehCheniti is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Madrianfg View Post
    I'm 5'11" with a wingspan of 6'3" and a standing reach of 7' 8 1/2". I'm hoping to shed off some pounds and replace some with muscle starting this year.
    I'm 6'3 with a standing reach of 8'6.

AlexDupler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 5'9" with a wingspan of 6'1" and my shoulders and neck are normal, not high or low, but my shoulders wide and my standing reach is 7'7".

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlexDupler View Post
    I'm 5'9" with a wingspan of 6'1" and my shoulders and neck are normal, not high or low, but my shoulders wide and my standing reach is 7'7".
    I'm glad you let the OP know about your reach 10 years after he posted his question.

Strong first post.

Bump.