Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlxandrTheGreat View Post
    Probably the most intelligent statement one could possibly make on a bodybuilding message board. Life comes first! Reps to you brother.
    Very likely it doesn't have to be one or the other though.
    It is very simple to cut out a few things here and there (TV, sleep, etc) to make time for more important things. It only takes about an hour a few times a week to lift.
    I've never met anyone who is so busy that they can't find an hour. It's all about your priorities. Not a putdown, just a statement of fact.
    Who was this love of yours?

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    It is very simple to cut out a few things here and there (TV, sleep, etc) to make time for more important things. It only takes about an hour a few times a week to lift.
    I've never met anyone who is so busy that they can't find an hour. It's all about your priorities. Not a putdown, just a statement of fact.
    Yep no kidding. Life doesn't get any slower/less busy as you get older either. Even if you only make it to the gym once a week it's still better than nothing. Progress may not be optimal, but you can still progress rather than regress.

dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No ****.

I am in the gym about 6 hours a week...

It isn't that hard at all. Hell, even 30 minutes 2-4x a week is just fine.

Thread starter... you are just a big vagina.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    A boss of mine once said 'don't tell me you didn't have time. What you mean is that it didn't get priority over whatever else you are doing.'

Maybe semantics to some, but I thought it was a great attitude.

It make you think about what is really a priority and I think that having solid priorities is definitely good for most people. At least the OP seems to have a clear identification of what is a priority.

I also think taking more than a week or two off once a year or so is good, especially if you train hard for the whole year. It can definitely be hard to do though.

I'd say up to 1 month rest and it will only take a week or two to get back to where you were. For extended breaks, say 2-9 months or more, if you were at a fairly high level, my experience is that it might take 50-80% of the time you were off to get back to where you were.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm pretty sure people could find an hour each day to f*ck a super-model though.....
    I don't know either lol

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8 View Post
    I'm pretty sure people could find an hour each day to f*ck a super-model though.....
    Or 2 minutes in your case

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Canadian Iron View Post
    Or 2 minutes in your case
    Just like my workouts.....
    I don't know either lol

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pepingtom View Post
    how is that possible ?

describe your regular day
    6am wake up, get me and son ready
    7am start driving my son to school, then drive to work
    8am start work
    12pm-1pm- lunch break, work out
    4:30 pm-leave work, pick up son, drive home
    5:30-5:45-arrive home
    5:45-6:15-prepare dinner and eat
    6:30- leave for school
    9:30-arrive back home from school
    10-10:30- go to bed

Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    That would be very difficult for a student that carries (full-time, when I was going to school) 12-17 credits per semester. I don't know when you would have the time to study.
    yeah, i don't have time to study. i study at work, or on weekends, it makes things very difficult, doesnt change the fact that i've been doing this for a year now...

oh yeah, OP- my GPA is 3.8 so far.
    Last edited by Rachel_n_SD; 12-13-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Registered User thaibodybuilder's Avatar
    thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your priorities are in order man.

School being #1

Anything else #2

Yes time management is a skill that can really allow to essentially make time for anything and everything...but when time is limited due to projects, exams, finals, etc, you have to take your pick based on your priority. There is nothing wrong with choosing school.

Honestly for me now being out of college, I have WAY much more time to make for my BB routine than ever before.
    "You are born small and weak, and you die small and weak. How you look inbetween is up to you."

paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by squarebx View Post
    I think Rachel is a woman!! And good for you Rachel. Thats a tough regimen. What youre doing isnt easy.
    Paul E

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by paul e View Post
    I think Rachel is a woman!! And good for you Rachel. Thats a tough regimen. What youre doing isnt easy.
    thank you.

and OP-i'm not trying to rip on you, but as you can see, my schedule is grueling but i still make it work.

no, i don't have free time, and yes, i have to write papers at work and stuff, but everyone can find at least 45 minutes-1 hour, 3 times a week, to go lift weights.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Rachel_n_SD View Post
    thank you.

and OP-i'm not trying to rip on you, but as you can see, my schedule is grueling but i still make it work.

no, i don't have free time, and yes, i have to write papers at work and stuff, but everyone can find at least 45 minutes-1 hour, 3 times a week, to go lift weights.
    Thanks bro!

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on many factors and your current state of training. I'll use myself as an example. I did Rippetoe for almost 5 months straight, only difference being I increased weights weekly as opposed to every workout. I got to a point where I plateaued on everything except deadlifts. I then got a wrist injury which put me out of the gym for a month.

So for 4 weeks I did no physical activity, I stopped taking creatine, my diet sucked, but I relaxed, partied it up (yes I was drinking), and just enjoyed a breath of change.

I lost about 7lbs, a lot being water weight. I had a cast put on my left arm and when they took it off, the arm was REALLY loose inside it.

I lost a ton of strength.

I researched and with some help from people here came up with a new program.

The first week back at the gym sucked ass. I wanted to die every single day. By the end of the second week I had most of my strength back, I actually set new PRs, and I gained back 5lbs. A month into it I'm back to the weight I was, except with less fat (pants fitting better, belt tighter), more visible muscle, a much more relaxed diet (I'm no longer stuffing myself and I don't get stressed out about cheating), and more strength than ever.

That said I think a week here and there isn't a bad idea, especially at the end of a cycle.
    Last edited by md3sign; 12-13-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks bro!
    no problem, girl!

T-BOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

Originally Posted by Dark.Rezzan View Post
    Got really busy towards the end of the semester and somewhat lazy as well. I've been off for about a month now. I dont think I've noticed any size decreases but I do feel somewhat weaker. About how long can you take off without losing muscle, or does that really just depend on the person?
    A month may be too long. I take a week off every few months to replenish. You need that time to recuperate if you've been pounding the iron hard.

That's how I roll AlxandrTheGreat's Avatar
    AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Never said it did. Atleast he has the sense to know what is more imortant in life.
    Last edited by AlxandrTheGreat; 12-13-2006 at 12:13 PM.
    Some times you gotta add that poundage, and beat that muscle up!

- Kevin Levrone

AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Canadian Iron View Post
    Yep no kidding. Life doesn't get any slower/less busy as you get older either. Even if you only make it to the gym once a week it's still better than nothing. Progress may not be optimal, but you can still progress rather than regress.

Thanks alot for the pointless neg rep. What a stand up guy you are.
    Last edited by AlxandrTheGreat; 12-13-2006 at 12:12 PM.

- Kevin Levrone

I didn't say it did!

I think it's good he's got his priorities straight.
    Got really busy towards the end of the semester and somewhat lazy as well .

School being #1

Anything else #2

Yes time management is a skill that can really allow to essentially make time for anything and everything...but when time is limited due to projects, exams, finals, etc, you have to take your pick based on your priority. There is nothing wrong with choosing school.

Honestly for me now being out of college, I have WAY much more time to make for my BB routine than ever before.
    wow, strong banana hammock
    I don't know either lol

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks alot for the pointless neg rep. What a stand up guy you are.
    Don't worry about it. CI negs me every time I post a thread in this section that spans more than 2 pages.

Yeah no sweat. Just another a$$hole from up above...

- Kevin Levrone

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

School being #1

Anything else #2

You know your ghey when....
    Cha Cha Cha

Registered User thaibodybuilder's Avatar
    thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by spirit3530 View Post
    u wanna finish that sentence ?
    "You are born small and weak, and you die small and weak. How you look inbetween is up to you."

Ramses195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramses195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramses195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramses195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramses195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramses195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramses195 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by spirit3530 View Post
    You know your ghey when............your looking at and commenting about a dude's package on a bodybuilding website instead of their physique. Which if Im not mistaken is the whole purpose for this forum is it not?

Do I sense just a touch of jealousy in the air? Perhaps the reason why spirit3530's and probably 95% of the pics people post on here from topheavy weekend warriors are from the waist up. Dont Hate.........Congratulate!

To Squarebx......Gratz on the physique man, good to see someone dedicated enough to put in a full body routine and it looks like you have some real goals set for yourself based on your profile. Good luck in your upcoming contests!

Ramses195

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread came up at a good time.

Im leaving on a course with the army for the next 3 weeks. Just stocked up on VPX protein bars and some EAA caps. Will try to keep my diet as clean as possible... hard, but I guess Ill avoid anything with sugar

As for workout, any kind of body weight routine I can follow to try and maintain muscle?

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ramses195 View Post
    You know your ghey when............your looking at and commenting about a dude's package on a bodybuilding website instead of their physique. Which if Im not mistaken is the whole purpose for this forum is it not?

Do I sense just a touch of jealousy in the air? Perhaps the reason why spirit3530's and probably 95% of the pics people post on here from topheavy weekend warriors are from the waist up. Dont Hate.........Congratulate!

To Squarebx......Gratz on the physique man, good to see someone dedicated enough to put in a full body routine and it looks like you have some real goals set for yourself based on your profile. Good luck in your upcoming contests!

Ramses195
    LOL top heavy. My legs aren't that small "26 inch wheels real small" and I bet they are better than my back. I am insanely jealous of this guy.

Yes I made fun of the pose. So what. If it was a front db bi or an ab and thigh I probably wouldn't have said anything. The pose looks funny... almost out of place thats all.
    Cha Cha Cha

Originally Posted by Ramses195 View Post

Ramses195
    First of all, your mother f*cks goats on the internet

Secondly, if you ever clicked on spirits profile you'd see his leg pics, which are some of the best on the site.
    I don't know either lol

dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There is a lot of people on this page I am going to neg... just need to recharge...

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got really busy towards the end of the semester and somewhat lazy as well. I've been off for about a month now. I dont think I've noticed any size decreases but I do feel somewhat weaker. About how long can you take off without losing muscle, or does that really just depend on the person?

The more over your natural size you are, the faster you will lose.

The longer you have held the size, the more slowly you will lose it.

The slower your metabolism, the more slowly you will lose it.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

crizpydogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are lots of variables in place here. I've been experimenting with this a lot lately and I've noticed that personally I can take about two weeks off and still hit my Max on any specific exercise. I think that's about as far as I could push it without actually losing strength. Any longer than two weeks and I will start to lose strength. And of course when I train that one time after the break I get way more sore than normal during the following days. If had any advice it would just be too continue to eat healthy during your time off. And don't take too much time off if you can't fit a workout in at least pump your muscles maybe just do some push-ups and some Pull-Ups once every other day.