Gurrpah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrpah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new member- incline bench question?

hey i just registered for the forum and all after looking around for a bit..
    i was wondering about a bench workout, if i should do some incline also instead of just normal bench. i weigh 147, i'm 5'7 and am about 4% body fat.. i can bench max 200 but my upper pecs/chest region seems flat.. what to do to bulk up? incline bench?

elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500) elitebear is not very helpful. (-500)
    4%??

anyways, yes inclines

Gurrpah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrpah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea 4% i got it checked at our wellness center in town(main gym). i used to be pretty scrawny but then i bulked up quite a bit.. i eat sorta unhealthy though and i wrestled my freshmen year, but not since then - i'm a junior now. idk why i'm still 4% but it's pretty sweet.
    thanks though, i think im gonna start some incline bench

No Excuses, Just Results mhschiefs97's Avatar
    mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Gurrpah View Post
    hey i just registered for the forum and all after looking around for a bit..
    i was wondering about a bench workout, if i should do some incline also instead of just normal bench. i weigh 147, i'm 5'7 and am about 4% body fat.. i can bench max 200 but my upper pecs/chest region seems flat.. what to do to bulk up? incline bench?
    You're only 147 pounds, your chest is going to be flat. You are not 4% bodyfat either.

mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500)
    yea 4% i got it checked at our wellness center in town(main gym). i used to be pretty scrawny but then i bulked up quite a bit.. i eat sorta unhealthy though and i wrestled my freshmen year, but not since then - i'm a junior now. idk why i'm still 4% but it's pretty sweet.
    When you have a somewhat low bodyfat percentage like below 10 all those handheld and caliper things are not even close to accurate. The only true way to get tested is the water density test. No person would be able to maintain a 4% bodyfat, that is the percentage pro bodybuilders compete at that even what people think they are already ripped they have to spend months to cut down to hope to reach that percentage.

Your chest is not going to grow from flat bench alone so seeing how incline bench is one of the better exercises for chest (also a compound movement) it would be good to add to any routine.

excuse me i'm not a moron? nor was i trying to argue or give anyone advice...

anyways
    yes I am 4.2% body fat i've had it checked several times and i've been 4 to 5.. i haven't gotten into lifting that much (aswell as a good diet) but am going to start.

oh i see,mhschiefs97 - my bad. well i'm for sure under 10% then
    but yea i was just wondering about my chest and all.. i dont know too much about advanced lifting and whatnot

GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GordonTse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it is not at all sweet to have 4% bodyfat.. that is ****ing disgusting

my bad i'm not quite 4% body fat but i know i am extremely low.. but seriously it's not gross at all you'd have to see

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    youre not 4% BF, what parts of youre body are being used with skinfold caliper? maintaining that BF% isnt healthy, the guy that is measuring youre BF might be doing it wrong

he did a pinch on my bicep, stomach, peck, and thigh i think
    the reading for the bicep and peck were extremely low, stomach was pretty low too, and then the thigh was a bit higher but then he averaged it or something and looked at this chart.. he didnt really explain what he was doing to me at least

Did you guys not see I explained why he is not really 4% bodyfat and he said he understood and said he was wrong so why are you guys still being immature and bashing him?

Registered User MassMonsterr_12's Avatar
    MassMonsterr_12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    OP, ive been having the same problem with my upper chest. What ive begun doing is starting off my chest workouts with a heavy incline press movement, either Dumbells or a Barbell. In only three weeks ive already noticed a decent improvement. hope that helps...

-MM12
    Just tryin' to get as BIG as I possibly can...

Sep. 24/06 -- 183lbs (BF% - 15%)
    Oct. 17/06 -- 187lbs
    Nov. 01/06 -- 198lbs
    Nov. 28/06 -- 202lbs (BF% - 16%)
    Dec. 04/06 -- 203lbs

GOALS: 220lbs by the end of February -- 190lbs lean by the end of May

**PICS will be up soon**

he did a pinch on my bicep, stomach, peck, and thigh i think
    the reading for the bicep and peck were extremely low, stomach was pretty low too, and then the thigh was a bit higher but then he averaged it or something and looked at this chart.. he didnt really explain how he was coming up with this, or i just wasnt paying that close attention i'm not sure

dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000) dragonpit is a complete loser! (-2000)
    incline makes your chest seem fuller! i dont do flat unless its flyes. well about once a month ill do flat first.

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think his fingers were too close during his "pinch" youre fingers are supposed to be 3" apart and you pull the fat out 1cm, then you get the caliper to measure it, did he ask for youre weight? if he didnt ask for youre weight, the test was probly done wrong, he needs to know youre age + weight

yea he did ask for my age and weight, and hearing those measurements that sounds pretty close to what he did.
    im not saying that it probably is accurate because i really have no idea but.. yah he did do those things so it might've been done right