PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

fat free canola oil spray???

Hey guys

This question will strike you as ridiculous, but I think it's worth asking.

I use fat free, calorie free, carb free canola oil cooking spray when I fry my chicken breast for the day. The chicken breast comes out tasting juicy and tender. It's amazing and I love it, but it's almost too good to be true. I'm wondering if the extreme heat is catalyzing some sort of reaction that will result in, well.... the creation of fat. Is it ok to fry chicken breast in such a cooking spray? Or is the protein being destroyed and the 'fat free' cooking oil somehow saturating the chicken breast with fat?

Please help!!! I don't want to give up this recipe!!!

-Richie

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump bump.

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PianomanRichie
    Hey guys

I use fat free, calorie free, carb free canola oil cooking spray

-Richie
    O'rly...........I bet it's great for deep frying then.
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fat-free cooking spray is not fat free. They just scale down the serving size until they can round down the fat (its gotta be below 1/2 g of fat or under 5 calories). If you look on the back I'm sure it wil say for a 1/4 to a 1/3 sec spray is a serving.

The reason its coming out juicy is because your still using fat. Unless your putting a whole lot on it though it shouldn't be too bad. Canola oils good for you anyways.
    Be fit for more than the thing you are now doing. Let everyone know that you have a reserve in yourself; that you have more power than you are now using. If you are not too large for the place you occupy, you are too small for it.
    James A. Garfield (1831 - 1881)

YOUR MOTHER'S BOOTY CALL steelo79's Avatar
    steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    unless you're CUTTING, why stay away from real canola oil? that's some good fat right there!
    my journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125520783

RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedOnDaHead will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well first it is real canola oil in the can. Its just been mixed with a propellant and soy lecithin which is just an emulsifier.

Second, I think it kinda helps with some people that way you tend not to overdo it ya know? But I see where your coming from.

It is alot easier though to coat a pan with spray then have to use a larger amount of oil and spread it around.
    Be fit for more than the thing you are now doing. Let everyone know that you have a reserve in yourself; that you have more power than you are now using. If you are not too large for the place you occupy, you are too small for it.
    James A. Garfield (1831 - 1881)

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are there any "Healthy Alternatives" then? I do not own a grill or anything like that...would it be possible to cook it in lemon juice on a skillet?

Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just use the spray. If you're really worried about using too much, wipe off the excess from the pan with a paper towel before cooknig the food. I use spray Pam religiously, and still manage to keep my cutting diet.
    {**Dirty South Crew**}

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Edmond Burke

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PianomanRichie

I use fat free, calorie free, carb free canola oil cooking spray when I fry my chicken breast for the day. The chicken breast comes out tasting juicy and tender. It's amazing and I love it, but it's almost too good to be true. I'm wondering if the extreme heat is catalyzing some sort of reaction that will result in, well.... the creation of fat. Is it ok to fry chicken breast in such a cooking spray? Or is the protein being destroyed and the 'fat free' cooking oil somehow saturating the chicken breast with fat?
    The protein is not being "destroyed". The fats are healthy and you need them whether cutting or bulking. Read more about canola here.

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Canola like all other processed oils are not ok to consume. They are oxidized oils and should be avoided at all costs. Either use a different cooking method like baking, broiling or grilling, or use a heat friendly oil like (eg) lard, coconut oil or butter. Unless the oil is a first cold pressed oil, use something else.
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by garlichead
    Canola like all other processed oils are not ok to consume. They are oxidized oils and should be avoided at all costs. Either use a different cooking method like baking, broiling or grilling, or use a heat friendly oil like (eg) lard, coconut oil or butter. Unless the oil is a first cold pressed oil, use something else.
    What happens when you use a non- heat friendly oil? Isnt' lard full of high saturated fats and cholesterol? Butter is mostly saturated fat right?

PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10) PianomanRichie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by garlichead

???