Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dhea

iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Had zero issues with higher e2 from supplementing DHEA. I think it is over hyped, I was on 100mg daily for at least 5-6 months. E2 did not move, DHEA-S was up in range, minimal testosterone increase which most likely was not attributed to the DHEA supplementation.

All this was verified with blood tests and not only once but on several occasions.

hardgainer0224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to take 200mg 3 times a day (600) total and I now take 100mg 3 times a day. I've never noticed any side effects at all

GeronimoDavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Any new studies on Dhea?

Evidence or personal experience with it, especially in regard to increasing testosterone. Effective doses. And what are the negative side affects. Is there anything you can take that could significantly raise testosterone levels in men. I'm 31 and have had low t for some years. I want to avoid trt although I already tried it for 6 months with hcg and aromatase inhibitor. That was the only thing that relieved my anxiety and depression, also made me generally happier, healthier looking, etc. Is there a more natural way or am I doomed to low levels forever? Any input appreciated

bkravchenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by row machine View Post
    But do you guys see what I'm pointing out?

Here, I don't have time to go looking for a table, but essentially (forgive me if some substrates are incorrect. also, i've included no enzymes):

cholesterol-17-oh progestin - dhea - androstenedione - testosterone

There are many more branches in the pathway. My point though is to illustrate what I tried to say with words.
    If I may chime in from my schooling in biochemistry and organic chemistry... you listed the substrates, and as you can see, cholesterol needs to undergo chemical reactions to become DHEA. Whatever the chemical reaction before cholesterol becomes DHEA may be what is called a "rate limiting" reaction. meaning this is the step where your body controls the chemical pathway. If you start with DHEA, you have cheated your way along the pathway and risk upsetting homeostasis. Maybe that is why supplementing with DHEA is worse than eating eggs.

dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello and about dhea cycling, when you start or if you allready have your Dr can answer that, it just if you use testosterone you have to have your bloid tested unless your like just take your chances and go by the way you feel because i lift weights and im older. If you are between 20 to 30 yrs of age it wont benefit you because your body is making it. Hope this helps.

dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Have your blood tested that how you find out how much your body has.

Check with your dr.

Herpa Derp of Derpopolis isoletol's Avatar
    isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50) isoletol will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Just felt like bumping the thread because it was bumped for so many years.
    As related to the thread: if you are not over 40 do NOT use DHEA unless your doctor has shown your tests prove that you are indeed low in it. It not something to be increased or cycled, it needs homeostasis. More doesn't mean better. It may prove useful for depression and energy at low doses, but that means when you come off it, you will be worse off, and that's without the high potential of conversion to estrogen, progesterone, etc if you are already at normal level. At least for the love of God, use an AI
    Removable Shower Head Crew
    Please Respond

ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100) ABDO226 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I've used DHEA before, and from my experience, it's a good idea to cycle it. I usually do something like 5 days on, 2 days off. This helps prevent your body from getting too used to it, and you can potentially avoid some of the tolerance issues.