Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dhea

Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

ive got 50 dhea pills, 100mg. doc said take 1 a day. what do you reakon 200 or 300mg daily.

i just slipped 3 discs in my back 1month ago abd will be ready to hit the gym lightly soon maybe in 3weeks
    Semi - natural

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dbol26 View Post
    ive got 50 dhea pills, 100mg. doc said take 1 a day. what do you reakon 200 or 300mg daily.

i just slipped 3 discs in my back 1month ago abd will be ready to hit the gym lightly soon maybe in 3weeks
    if you want to avoid man boobs then stack it with an AI.

gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    gotta get in on the 1.5 year old thread.

You won't get any gains with DHEA but it will convert to estrogen.

greatescape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greatescape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greatescape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    so dhea is safe ??? what is the best dosage or a good for dont take sides
    and when is best take 30-35-40 ???

pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pats55583 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I actually find DHEA to be one of the very few effective supplements when it comes to keeping muscle mass on when cutting and helping lose fat.

As for dosage, stick to 150 mg a day. 100 mg in the morning, and 50 mg right before a workout. Don't go any higher to avoid sides. You'll get some great benfits from 150 mg a day

Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dbol26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

thanks for the replies, i did my research and know it can convert to estrogen, but my doc said i would be fine and not get slight gyno of 100mg's a day. im gonna do 200mg tho
    Semi - natural

bassman_bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 35 yrs old, I am getting injured alot trying to get bigger size. I bought the 25 mg of dhea, I was wondering if i should take this much or more. I was hoping a supplement will allow me to lower workout intensity by like 10-15% and still get the same results , and better results when I feel like 100%

bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    does dhea really only make back hairt? maxmuscletold me all this product will do is make me hairy not stronger or bigger?
    Does any body have conflicting reports from actually using it? thanx

bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassman_sound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    max muscle told me to get tren xtreme and estro extreme and a liver supp

skrzynip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started to use DHEA about 8 weeks ego. After doing some research and talking with some people even a doctor I started taking 100mg three time a day. The reason for that amount is because the supplement was not made for bodybuilding but for older people to keep the DHEA in their body normal. The doctor I talked to said you need to get about 200 to 300mg into your body for the testosterone to go up. 50mg will just maintain the normal amount the body should have.
    But you will need to take something that will stop your testosterone from turning into estrogen. I forgot the name, but I got it at home and take it before I go to sleep. As for cycling I have been on it for about 8 weeks and stopped for a week and did not work out, and I did not see any difference coming off of it. So I started again after a week. I like this supplement does it work? I think so. Also I think NCAA checks for it so it does something. I don't think there are any bad side effect and just because Canada banned it does not mean its bad for you. Most lawmakers are idiots and use some kind of new law or "big problem affecting the society" to get their name out there, not to acutely do the right thing. Any way I will probably use it from now on with 4 weeks on two week off.
    Last edited by skrzynip; 11-21-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Fit4OneLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4OneLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4OneLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit4OneLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mixed opinions on the dosage. I'm taking 5mg a day. I don't know if it's doing something!

dreemr13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skrzynip View Post
    I don't think there are any bad side effect and just because Canada banned it does not mean its bad for you. Most lawmakers are idiots and use some kind of new law or "big problem affecting the society" to get their name out there, not to acutely do the right thing.
    I am in Canada and they do some really stupid things up here. They banned all packaging a few years back that contained the terms 'low carb', Atkins and the Carb Options line had to pull everything. Gov said, there was not enough evidence to show low carb diets work. Personally, Carb Options had some awesome products like their BBQ sauce which was low cal and no sugar.

Anyway, I personally think the 'low fat' generation was a load of crap. Sure a box of crackers has only 1.2 grams of fat, but is the extra 20 grams of sugars and starches any better.

Who knows why our idiot government banned DHEA, but its easy to get online or via a stateside visit anyway.

kcwoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I know this is an old topic but no one had an answer

Originally Posted by mesomorphix View Post
    dhea is an indigineuos chemical found in the body... it has been studied for awhile now and many consider it a god send, in studies with rodents and monkeys it has shown to reduce the ageing process (making them live markably longer than usual) - quicken metabolism (which is why it burns fat), but what is great for bodybuilders is that it also builds lean muscle tissue - the only problem i personally see with dhea is that it can convert to oestrogen, but saying that it has a much higher rate of conversion to testosterone ... also the dose you stated is not very high for dhea it works best with an intake of between 100mg and 200mg per day, i would cycle it personally (8wks on 4-5 off) also if you take my recommeded dose range at the high end 150 - 200mg you could well fail a steroid test so be careful if entering competitions.

just my 2 pence
    - stay pumped
    meso (oh yeah, dhea production in the body naturally starts to decline at the age of 20)
    I am 39 and have trained on and off since I was a teenager. Now that I am older and need to get rid of some extra body fat and could use the boost in the testosterone area would this be a good supplement for someone like myself? There seems to be a lot of conflict in this topic. I have herd before that unless your in your 30s it's not a good supplement to take . Does this supplement work at helping loose body fat and increasing your testosterone. Also why did they take the other supplements off the market like M1 and andro and leave the DEHA alone? Well if any one has some info I would like to hear it. seems it has been a while since this topic has been talked about. maybe some new news on it.

Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Effects of DHEA are mixed:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydro...fects_and_uses

Just test DHEA-s level in You blood and You will know for sure if you need it or not.

kcwoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

so it's a waste of time

So it's not going to burn body fat and help raise test in the body like all the supplement companies want you to beleive.

-BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000)
    lmfao

this thread has been bumped once every year since 2006
    i rep back 1k+

joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10) joboco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What about 100mg for a 59y/o any good or not.

Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harpagan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by joboco View Post
    What about 100mg for a 59y/o any good or not.
    Good article about: http://www.lef.org/protocols/metabol...oration_01.htm

jayp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seriously, load ATD 25mg/ed for a week and then stack with DHEA for four weeks at 600mg/ed, end with ATD 25mg/ed solo for the sixth week. This 6 week cycle will not disappoint. No bitch tits here.

GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuyverX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DRP7 View Post
    if you want to avoid man boobs then stack it with an AI.
    This
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)

Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not sure, but very much of the same stuff is never too god for anyone

Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cagalhaodoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not sure, but very much of the same stuff is never too god for anyone

davidcodella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bobmirko View Post
    There a lot of opinion here...

Does someone between 22-28 years old took these product??? If yes, how long, dosage and results please.
    Ive been taking dhea for about six months 100mg a day. I have seen some results mostly more energy for my workout. Im not an expert take at your own risk. But Ive read that its not bad but like anything could have negitive effects when taken wrong. you have to take the good with the bad i guess. I have gained about 30 pounds mostly muscle but maybe its my diet and workout. I am 22, so probley dont need it but I want big gains like anyone else

Power25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been taking 25 mg of DHEA per day for about 2 weeks and I haven't really noticed any difference. After reading this thread I realize that 25 mg per day may not be a high enough dosage to make a huge difference, but when dealing with a supp like DHEA you should really consult a doctor and get a blood test to see what your DHEA levels are before you start taking it. Which is what I will be doing soon.
    That way you will gain a base line and a professional's opinion to help you determine how much you should be taking and how often. Until then, I'm going to stop the dosage for now.

I'm 25 y/o btw.

Registered User vincent.fortney's Avatar
    vincent.fortney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wtf

Ok... I take 100mg a day and have been for 2 months on and one month off. It seems to work well for me as far as energy, anti-depression, and libido. Reading through the thread, I see people mentioning taking something with it to avoid the manboobs, etc but they say 'I can't recall what I'm taking before going to bed (WTF?)' and 'AI'. Can someone clarify for a noob like me?

By the way, unless a doctor tells you to take it pre-40, check with the doc first. Don't trust the internet for telling you how to take a hormone. They're suggestions and experience, not fact.
    And that, my friends, is why so many people prefer the leg press to squats ... it just depends on what you're trying to build -- your muscles or your ego.
    -- Billy Chambless

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    science at it's finest
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Lollercoaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is so much bull**** in this thread, that I had to make an account.

DHEA is the MOTHER of all androgens. It interacts with the androgen receptors both directly and indirectly through it's metabolites. It's metabolites include androstenediol and androstenedione. These metabolites undergo further conversion into testosterone. A portion of the testosterone may break down into estrogens. However, this is not a bad thing, and it can be prevented. DHEA is also a potent sigma-1 agonist which may explain it's other beneficial side effects such as the anti-depressant effect.

Ever wonder about those hormones they put in livestock? they inject 200mg's of testosterone with 50mg's of estrogen in the cattle that gets slaughtered to make your beef. Estrogen, just like testosterone, is a muscle mass builder too!

The most common DHEA supplement I've seen on the market is Schiff DHEA w/ resveratrol. It's dirt cheap, but good stuff. Resveratrol is commonly found in red wine, and has many benefits. It's an antioxidant so it combats free radicals which are produced in large amounts when you work out or digest food. They probably put it in there to sell it as an anti-aging product, but this combination also helps body builders. Numerous studies show resveratrol also significantly increases natural testosterone production from being both a selective estrogen receptor modulator and an aromatase inhibition.

tl/dr version: DHEA is crap alone, but DHEA w/ resveratrol is excellent for body building because it raises testosterone levels, with nearly negligible increase in estrogen.

iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iroczinoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Reading this article and the 12 year long case study, I can't seem to read up on anything negative about DHEA. To me everything is positive, maybe it has been banned so people die earlier and the government saves on paying out pensions.

Don't believe the government is looking after your best interests. If that was the case alcohol and cigarettes would have been banned a friggin long time ago.

Get your levels checked and supplement if needed. The facts speak for themselves.

http://www.anti-agingmd.com/dhea.html

erdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lollercoaster View Post
    There is so much bull**** in this thread, that I had to make an account.

DHEA is the MOTHER of all androgens. It interacts with the androgen receptors both directly and indirectly through it's metabolites. It's metabolites include androstenediol and androstenedione. These metabolites undergo further conversion into testosterone. A portion of the testosterone may break down into estrogens. However, this is not a bad thing, and it can be prevented. DHEA is also a potent sigma-1 agonist which may explain it's other beneficial side effects such as the anti-depressant effect.

Ever wonder about those hormones they put in livestock? they inject 200mg's of testosterone with 50mg's of estrogen in the cattle that gets slaughtered to make your beef. Estrogen, just like testosterone, is a muscle mass builder too!

The most common DHEA supplement I've seen on the market is Schiff DHEA w/ resveratrol. It's dirt cheap, but good stuff. Resveratrol is commonly found in red wine, and has many benefits. It's an antioxidant so it combats free radicals which are produced in large amounts when you work out or digest food. They probably put it in there to sell it as an anti-aging product, but this combination also helps body builders. Numerous studies show resveratrol also significantly increases natural testosterone production from being both a selective estrogen receptor modulator and an aromatase inhibition.

tl/dr version: DHEA is crap alone, but DHEA w/ resveratrol is excellent for body building because it raises testosterone levels, with nearly negligible increase in estrogen.
    What about taking the DHEA by itself? I just bought some of the SciFit brand from the bb.com store but didn't see any with reservatol. How many mgs per day should I take? I'm also supplementing with OxyElite (on a cut) and Animal Rage pre-w/o. 31 y/o male 180 ~ 18% bf.

herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herofit54R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by erdom View Post
    What about taking the DHEA by itself? I just bought some of the SciFit brand from the bb.com store but didn't see any with reservatol. How many mgs per day should I take? I'm also supplementing with OxyElite (on a cut) and Animal Rage pre-w/o. 31 y/o male 180 ~ 18% bf.
    Bump - Curious if anybody else has new info about this. 28 y/o male on a bulk, supplement the basics - whey, creatine, fish oil, CLA, HMB, multi. Wondering if DHEA is worth a try - base dosage is 25mg. Read some studies (the ones linked on the wikipedia article) about how 200mg/day was shown to have minor androgenic effects and 400 mg/day shown to have large androgenic effects (including negative).

There's been several references to taking it with something else to combat the conversion of testosterone to estrogen but no specifics - other than the guy who suggested the particular variant that's packaged with reservatol, but is reservatol the best thing to use to minimize estrogen conversion?

In the end I think I'll go get my DHEA levels tested & go from there, ask the doc. If anyone can cite more recent complete DHEA cycles, dosages, age & training protocol, I think it'd be helpful to all of us.