Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pendlay rows question, quick question.

I need to know exactly how wide my grip should be for the pendlay rows. I keep a close stance, but I dont know where to keep my hands. its an oylmpic 45 lb. bar, so theres a line on each side that is used to tell you where to grip( Ex. my middle finger on line for bench) What finger should be on the line?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ir0n_Samurai
    I need to know exactly how wide my grip should be for the pendlay rows. I keep a close stance, but I dont know where to keep my hands. its an oylmpic 45 lb. bar, so theres a line on each side that is used to tell you where to grip( Ex. my middle finger on line for bench) What finger should be on the line?
    Don't sweat the details so much. The wider your grip (namely the position of the elbows), the less the lats will be involved which shifts some of the emphasis onto the other back muscles. I like to vary my grip between workouts.

Here are some photos of the exercise:

Pendlay Rows #1
    Pendlay Rows #2
    Pendlay Rows #3

swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "exactly how wide" your grip should be depends on exactly how wide your shoulders are, exactly how long your arms are, exactly how tall you are, etc.... Basically, the optimal hand positioning is going to be different for each person.

I generally use a grip that is slightly wider than shoulder width, but I also use a narrower grip (8-10 inches) occasionally.

cheers
    "vegetarians only eat life forms that can't run, hide, or defend themselves"

I rep back