Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000)

Body Hair Removal

How do the pros remove their body hair? I noticed on NAIR for Men, they strongly caution NOT to use on the nipples? why not and if I can't use it on my hairy man nips - how do I remove the hair w/o shaving. No matter what I do, if I shave, I get a lot of ingrown hairs and bumps.

I thought about laser hair removal, but its pricey.

I'm not courageous enough to go into a salon and get my body waxed - so it'd have to be something I could do at home.

Since I've read NAIR for men doesn't really work to well, what other products do you recommend?
    WOOOO!

Calluses: Mother Nature's Potato Scrubbers

tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by animal2b
    How do the pros remove their body hair? I noticed on NAIR for Men, they strongly caution NOT to use on the nipples? why not and if I can't use it on my hairy man nips - how do I remove the hair w/o shaving. No matter what I do, if I shave, I get a lot of ingrown hairs and bumps.

I thought about laser hair removal, but its pricey.

I'm not courageous enough to go into a salon and get my body waxed - so it'd have to be something I could do at home.

Since I've read NAIR for men doesn't really work to well, what other products do you recommend?
    I took an electric hair trimmer to every part of my body I could adequately reach, then followed it up with a regular razor. I had girls shave my back. You'd be suprised that a girl would actually want to do that. They sorta take it as a compliment.
    www.myspace.com/tonyvitale

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you can't shave or nair, I would suggest waxing it yourself. It can be done if you have a strong stomach. Or have a g.f. do it that doesn't mind putting some pain on ya. But I assure you it can be done, I'm Italian and I've done it.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what about hair no more? does that removal cream work? the BB store has it for a VERY good price.

www.hairnomore.com

to read up on it.
    WOOOO!

hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just removed my hair over my whole body last night using Hair No More. The cream worked just like it's supposed to, but the process itself is aggravating.

If you do small sections at a time, be patient, and let the cream sit long enough, the hair comes off completely and easily.

I recommend you getting someone to help you apply/remove it.

Though aggravating, i believe its better than shaving/waxing.

Je vais finir par l'avoir -=MD=-'s Avatar
    -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -=MD=- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you scrub religiously every day, even twice a day with a luffah or something similar, I assure you won't get ingrown hairs. Shaving is the most painless and inexpensive method, if you scrub vigorously within 24 hours and every day after that, you'll get very little to none ingrowns. The same applies if you wax. Scrub!!!

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Agostage
    If you can't shave or nair, I would suggest waxing it yourself. It can be done if you have a strong stomach. Or have a g.f. do it that doesn't mind putting some pain on ya. But I assure you it can be done, I'm Italian and I've done it.
    How did it feel? So far i only shaved and its a pain in the ass, since u gotta do it pretty much every 5-6 days. How long did it take for hair to grow back?

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Vadim Beliaev
    How did it feel? So far i only shaved and its a pain in the ass, since u gotta do it pretty much every 5-6 days. How long did it take for hair to grow back?
    You get used to the pain, but you just have to make sure not to screw up then be forced to do the same part twice. Then it really sucks. I actually just did it 4 days ago and I'm still smooth. I'll let you know how it goes.

2011 Prep Journal

Originally Posted by hotrod89
    I just removed my hair over my whole body last night using Hair No More. The cream worked just like it's supposed to, but the process itself is aggravating.

If you do small sections at a time, be patient, and let the cream sit long enough, the hair comes off completely and easily.

I recommend you getting someone to help you apply/remove it.

Though aggravating, i believe its better than shaving/waxing.
    What was aggravating? The only areas I will be using it on are my upper arms and shoulders/traps. My back is hairless, thank GOD. Might give it a shot on chest/stomach when I'm cut.
    WOOOO!

hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What was aggravating? The only areas I will be using it on are my upper arms and shoulders/traps. My back is hairless, thank GOD. Might give it a shot on chest/stomach when I'm cut.
    Hair No More wasn't aggravating, just the process itself. Applying a thick enough coat of it, letting it sit long enough, wiping it off gets messy, some spots you're gonna have to go over, but all in all its not so bad if you're patient.

Shaving/waxing/cream all can be aggravating but each have their pros and cons.

Hair No More wasn't aggravating, just the process itself. Applying a thick enough coat of it, letting it sit long enough, wiping it off gets messy, some spots you're gonna have to go over, but all in all its not so bad if you're patient.

Shaving/waxing/cream all can be aggravating but each have their pros and cons.
    Whats the process? Do you just have the vanishing cream or all of the other sprays? Do you need a loofa or can you just use a washcloth to wipe it off? How long does it have to sit on the skin and how long does a tube last?

was this the first time you used the product? if not - how long does it take for the hair to grow back and how soon after it starts to grow back can you apply it?
    WOOOO!

Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you're not homophobic... find a gay salon to get waxed at.

you live in washington DC... there should be a straight men's salon, too. My city has a men's salon. There are gay ones, but this one has women waxing you.
    Look around for salons for men in your city... They're used to seeing what you got... there are GORILLAS out there - you're not hairy to them, in the end.
    Still workin'

Whats the process? Do you just have the vanishing cream or all of the other sprays? Do you need a loofa or can you just use a washcloth to wipe it off? How long does it have to sit on the skin and how long does a tube last?

was this the first time you used the product? if not - how long does it take for the hair to grow back and how soon after it starts to grow back can you apply it?
    The process is basically applying a thick layer (they say 1/16 inch) and basically letting it sit for about 5 mins, then use a damp cotton cloth to wipe off hair. I used a bag of old cloths such as socks and such and i went through a lot of them. The longer it sat, the easier it came off, but they recommend not letting it sit longer than 10 mins. The only pain i got was when i removed hair from my armpits, i scrubbed the hair off too hard. If you apply a thick enough layer, and let it sit long enough, it will come off easy though.

First time using it, but they said it stays off for up to three weeks.

The process is basically applying a thick layer (they say 1/16 inch) and basically letting it sit for about 5 mins, then use a damp cotton cloth to wipe off hair. I used a bag of old cloths such as socks and such and i went through a lot of them. The longer it sat, the easier it came off, but they recommend not letting it sit longer than 10 mins. The only pain i got was when i removed hair from my armpits, i scrubbed the hair off too hard. If you apply a thick enough layer, and let it sit long enough, it will come off easy though.

First time using it, but they said it stays off for up to three weeks.
    Can you use it on your nipples? I know NAIR warns against putting the cream on your nips.

Too bad you don't get any sort of discount for recommending the product b/c I'm buying it based off of your recommendation.

Thanks for all of your help, dude.
    WOOOO!

crd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Nair works pretty well. Try to find the "hands free aplicator thing" Its basically nair in a squeeze/roll on bottle. . .less mess. You need to find the right window of opportunity so to speak as to how long to let it sit on your skin. Too long and your skin will get irritated, not long enough and you still got hair left. As for your nips, you can use the nair but it gets kinda red and irritated. Also don't wipe it off too hard or you'll irritate your skin. Oh and I wouldn't recommend using it and doing anything imediately after cuz your skin will be irritated like a very MILD sunburn, nothing too bad tho. And do it after you showered and cleaned up cuz I heard it burns if you do it like after the gym/ sweating.

Sorry for the long post. . .just my personal experience.

Also to hotrod:

did you do the whole 2 step program or did you just get the vanishing creme? I notice on the bodybuilding.com store they offer the two step process - or you can just get it seperatly.

i am curious about using it on the nipple area though. there is no mention anywhere that doesn't say I can't...did you?
    WOOOO!

Want to become healthy Lord Fazal_old's Avatar
    Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lord Fazal_old will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a dumb statement but someone told that when you start having lots of muscles, your body hair could disappear.
    Motivation is key

RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    waxing is pretty expensive to have it done at a salon. Shaving then scrubbing works well, Nair works well but you have to be sure to rinse all of it off otherwise redness Everywhere!

Personally I say just shave then scrub! Don't do it for the first time 1 week prior to the show though. Start months out to see how you react.
    Kyle Hannah
    **SPONSORED BY CONTROLLED LABS**

Why settle for less than your absolute Best!

Originally Posted by Lord Fazal
    It's a dumb statement but someone told that when you start having lots of muscles, your body hair could disappear.
    wow, simply wow.

2011 Prep Journal

Originally Posted by Lord Fazal
    .....um......
    WOOOO!

Originally Posted by RBEliminator
    waxing is pretty expensive to have it done at a salon. Shaving then scrubbing works well, Nair works well but you have to be sure to rinse all of it off otherwise redness Everywhere!

Personally I say just shave then scrub! Don't do it for the first time 1 week prior to the show though. Start months out to see how you react.
    I don't like shaving. When I shaved my pits - it was hell every time. I finally just said f*ck it. I imagine it would be just as uncomfortable on chest. I shaved the area right around my nipples and its itching and prickly. yuck.

any reviews on the norelco bodygroom?
    WOOOO!

RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RBEliminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't like shaving. When I shaved my pits - it was hell every time. I finally just said f*ck it. I imagine it would be just as uncomfortable on chest. I shaved the area right around my nipples and its itching and prickly. yuck.
    ?

That is why you need to scrub after shaving
    Kyle Hannah
    **SPONSORED BY CONTROLLED LABS**

Why settle for less than your absolute Best!

I e-mailed Jay Cutler to ask what he did to remove his body hair and he responded really quickly:

I have to shave every few days bro
    WOOOO!

Living the Dream, Baby! cute_asian_girl's Avatar
    cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try a product called Magic Powder. I know it has a really lame name, but it works 10x better than Nair and is easy on the skin. (I.e. Nair causes me to blister and bruise.) It's the same type of product as Nair but it was originally developed for African American men's facial hair removal. I guess thier hair is more coarse and prone to ingrowns.

*You can find it in power form (just add water) or premixed tube for about $2-$3 at Wal-Mart. (Bonus! Cheaper that Nair!)
    Cute_Asian_Girl
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Also to hotrod:

did you do the whole 2 step program or did you just get the vanishing creme? I notice on the bodybuilding.com store they offer the two step process - or you can just get it seperatly.

i am curious about using it on the nipple area though. there is no mention anywhere that doesn't say I can't...did you?
    I used the vanishing cream. I actually did my chest before i bought the cream, and i just shaved it. I don't have a significant amount of hair on my chest/around nipples but i'm sure it would be fine to use it.

GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GymGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've tried numerous ways to remove hair. I tried Nair and personally thought it was crap, I got it on my nipples and holy fu*k, burned like no tomorrow. I bought a phillis body goomer, but i don't find it works very good either. Now I just use a few shaves old gillette fusion razor, works great, no problems yet with ingrown hairs etc. I find it to be the best way.
    April 2005-5'8, 211lbs
    Sept 2006-5'8, 144lbs
    March 2007-5'8, 154lbs
    ON %100 Whey
    Mega Men Multi

Registered User mooseontheloose's Avatar
    mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mooseontheloose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you shave hair it comes back thicker and darker. If it's waxed it will come back a lot thinner and eventually (after many waxings) will wane to nothing. I suggest just going out and getting waxed professionally.

drnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body shaving

The least inexpensive and most convenient way to remove body hair is to shave down with clippers and then get into the shower and just shave your body. When you do it on a regular basis, it gets easier. What I do is shave the upper body above the waist and then the lower body below the waist every other day. That way it only takes a few minutes depending on how hairy you are. During the summer though, my body grows more quickly so I shave a little more often
    If you don't have something nice to say....then keep quiet!

bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just use a razor and shaving cream, I get the sensitive skin Gillette. It works great for me, getting my back is kinda hard, I can do it, all except the Middle down my spine, so i just kinda leave that. I've tried waxing at home, on a couple little spots on my chest and on my shoulder and it works, hurt like a mother but after I always start to bleed, not like gushing out or anything but its enough to notice it coming out but that could have been not having a salon do it.
    White Sox fan

ccrirulz06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a good electric razor is all i use, razor burn isnt too bad if you go very lightly. just run the razor over your body, and let it do the work.