merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

larry scott's forearm and deltoid exercises...

can you totally understand what he is talking about?

deltoids: http://aelinik.free.fr/training321.htm

forearms: http://aelinik.free.fr/training321111.htm

they seem like great exercises, but he is so vague and non-descriptive, the pictures are supposed to play a flash video when clicked, but they don't load

EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It sounds odd to me. I don't know what Larry was doing, but when I am doing military presses, I can't move my arms and elbows back very much further. And if I do (which I'm doing right now just to try out the motion) I can hear my rotator cuff violently popping. I can only imagine what would happen if I had 50 pound dumbells in my hands. Try it if you want, but it seems too risky for me to try.

But Larry is Mr. Olympia, and I'm a college student. Who are you going to listen too?
    "Train beyond the pain, and death is your only release!"

Me: Excuse me. Is it really true that you guys don't allow deadlifts? There's a sign posted over there.

Fat receptionist lady at 24 Hour Fitness: Well..........I don't know what that is, but if it's posted, I guess that it's for your own safety.

Me: *under breath* Jesus Christ...

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    neat ideas
    Booo

merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) merck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    neat ideas

care to explain just exactly what he is saying? I can't understand how he wants us to press the elbows back, once we press them up in an arc using just our shoulders and our elbows at an angle, how the hell do we press them back!? the rear delts don't really feel like they are doing anything, and how does he want us to come down with the weights

bumpage
    "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Registered User Personification's Avatar
    Personification has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Personification has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Personification has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Personification has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Personification has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Personification has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What he is saying is this...

Lift your arms above your head with your pinky finger above your thumb, I.e your making a thumbs down.

Now, when you grip the dumbbells this is what your hands should be like. (You can wrap your thumb around the dumbbell though) Next, don't worry bout the lower or upper 5th of the movement...I.e. your only worrying about the actual deltoid portion of the lift...not the upper chest boost to start at the bottom, nor the tricep lockout at the top of the movement.

Next, this is where it gets really tricky. Instead of focusing the movement as a press with your triceps, try to contract the elbows toward each other. If you do this right you won't feel "too much" tricep contraction involved. I usually use 50-55 pound dumbbells for my presses, but with this movement, I could feel a much better muscle contraction using the 30's I have at my pad.

I think after reading this I am gonna try this variation of DB presses for a while and see what happens. It surely felt good just messing around trying to explain it. LOL
    Once a man finds purpose, he is no longer a man without a path. He is no longer lost in his own decision-making, for he has put his trust in what he knows he was created to be.

when he says at the top of the movement to press your elbows back as ahrd as you pressed them up...your elbows barely move at all! there seems to be very little contraction on the side deltoid, but I can feel this one in my delts so much more than in any other shoulder press or raise of any sort
    "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."