Bill22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

unique keto question

i have a quick question about the keto diet. i dont even know if it has any validitity or not, but i saw something about the atkins and other low carb diets on donahue the other night and someone made a statement, and who knows whether he is right or wrong, but it made me think of a question. and i realize the keto diets on here, like ckd or whatever are somewhat different than regular atkins, but this is just a general question to those who are experts on this, which i am not. if i am eating low carbs every day thru the week, like 20-30, then on the weekends i carb up, will for some reason those carbs be stored in my body becuz my body thinks its being starved them?? someone said on that show that after going a while without eating enough carbs, as soon as u put them into your body it stores them . i have no clue if its true, but was wondering about it.. any ideas?????

IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    I posted a reply earlier but it was deleted for some reason Anyway, here it is again

Simply put, if you eat 30g of net carbs for a while (even without working out) your liver and muscle glycogen levels will drop. The result of dropping liver glycogen is ketosis.

If you have a carb meal for example, the carbs would firstly be used to refill the depleted liver and muscles before being stored as fat.

For someone who worksout, the amount of muscle depletion is significant, hence the carb-up for 24-48hrs, the aim being to completely refill muscle glycogen. In fact it is possible to supercompensate, which means filling beyond 100%. At some point, if the carb-up goes on too long, some spillover may occur and the excess is stored as bodyfat, but generally not significant and only in the second 24hrs of a 48hr carb-up.

Hope that answers your question