NYBuilder74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Need help building a bigger chest.

I'm trying to build up my chest; but I'm finding it difficult to build mass in that area.

I mainly workout at home with a 100 lb. barbell set and 2 30 lb. dumbells.

After each workout; my pec muscles appear to be larger afterwards, but shrink an hour later to the size the were pre-workout.

I need some help. I'm I doing something wrong? Do I need to add more weight to my barbell? Or is it something else I'm not thinking of?

s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NYBuilder74
    I'm trying to build up my chest; but I'm finding it difficult to build mass in that area.

I mainly workout at home with a 100 lb. barbell set and 2 30 lb. dumbells.

After each workout; my pec muscles appear to be larger afterwards, but shrink an hour later to the size the were pre-workout.

I need some help. I'm I doing something wrong? Do I need to add more weight to my barbell? Or is it something else I'm not thinking of?
    the best thing u could do man is JOIN A GYM. first of all it sets the atomosphere for gains, and for me it gives me the drive to push more freakin weight. but i say some people dont even start gainin mass till they get past a certain weight. oh and check ur form and reps, look in the bb.com articles about Bench Press form.

chaz111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whats your routine, and how many days a week are you workoing chest? 100 lb's isn't much, but if you are just beggining you can work with that.

s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by s_canter
    the best thing u could do man is JOIN A GYM. first of all it sets the atomosphere for gains, and for me it gives me the drive to push more freakin weight. but i say some people dont even start gainin mass till they get past a certain weight. oh and check ur form and reps, look in the bb.com articles about Bench Press form.
    oh and check ur diet too...EAT EAT EAT

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you want your body to grow you have to train progressively. This means every workout you need to increase weight and get reps, or increase reps within the 8-12 rep range any more then you need to increase the weight. Also it could be maybe you train to much or too little. If you train your chest like every day or every other day its not gonna grow, if ou train it every once and a while and don' keep track then it probably won't grow.

vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vunguyen12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    increase the wieghts.......100 lbs isnt much at all for ur chest. Unless it is challenging for u to lift......but eventually u will pass the 100 lbs and would need more weights. Make sure you have a good routine and stick to it. Ur diet is also a big part.

kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're gonna plateau very quickly with only 100 pounds of weights, either buy more or join a gym

NYBuilder74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by d_k
    You're gonna plateau very quickly with only 100 pounds of weights, either buy more or join a gym
    Alright thanks everybody.

I think my diet is pretty good and the 100 lb. weight set is getting extremely easy for me.

I guess I'll have to break the bank tomorrow and buy bigger weights.

imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NYBuilder74
    Alright thanks everybody.

I think my diet is pretty good and the 100 lb. weight set is getting extremely easy for me.

I guess I'll have to break the bank tomorrow and buy bigger weights.
    honestly, youll save so much money if you go get a gym membership, unless your planning to workout for like 5 years, and then you can buy bunch of weights.
    like bally's gym, their cheap as hell.
    I eat for purpose, not pleasure