mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Anyone with a door frame pull up bar....install help

just bought a pullup bar that you install on your door frame but the instructions are pretty crappy. I have no indication on where i should install the brackets. How much clearance should i have between the bar and the top of the door frame?

thanks

s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mofugger
    just bought a pullup bar that you install on your door frame but the instructions are pretty crappy. I have no indication on where i should install the brackets. How much clearance should i have between the bar and the top of the door frame?

thanks
    well if its the one from hibbets with the rubber knobs on the end, u can just unscrew the tube till it fits in the doorway and tighten it up till it wont budge wen u put ur weight on it. this is so u can remove it wenever u want

s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    uh...oh and about 1 foot from top

DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    2.5 inches from the top of the brackets to the height of the clearance of your doorway should (hopefully) be enough so that you can drop the bar in without it getting stuck.
    1/01/2005 185 lbs 22.5%
    1/29/2005 181 lbs 20.5%
    6/26/2005 153 lbs 14.7% crap
    2/23/2008 ~202 lbs ~21% (crap again!)

mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by s_canter
    well if its the one from hibbets with the rubber knobs on the end, u can just unscrew the tube till it fits in the doorway and tighten it up till it wont budge wen u put ur weight on it. this is so u can remove it wenever u want
    no, this is an actual bracket you install on the door and then slide the bar in when you want to use it. Same principle kind of though

SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000) SycoJchun is just really nice. (+1000)
    just put it where ever it is comfortable. I put mine about 1 foot from teh top. Just remember if your tall watch your head. And installation is really easy.
    Citius Altius Fortius ~ Olympic Modo

Get Big Or Die Trying

"man is not meant for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated." ~Hemmingway

"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real" ~ Tupac

Originally Posted by DecemberDays86
    2.5 inches from the top of the brackets to the height of the clearance of your doorway should (hopefully) be enough so that you can drop the bar in without it getting stuck.
    does your face have to be able to fit through the clearance though, over the bar and under the top of the door frame?

Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anwynd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude, they make ones that you can take down and install over and over again in any doorway. Im lookin at one someone gave me right now. It used a board to hook up above the doorway on one side then on the opposite side the actual bar itself anchors against the frame. So you have to lift up to take it off but it wont fall cause all of your weight is pressing down.
    "I broke my leg last week, what will help recovery?"
    "Squats and Milk!"

Originally Posted by Anwynd
    Dude, they make ones that you can take down and install over and over again in any doorway. Im lookin at one someone gave me right now. It used a board to hook up above the doorway on one side then on the opposite side the actual bar itself anchors against the frame. So you have to lift up to take it off but it wont fall cause all of your weight is pressing down.
    I've heard horror stories of those ones breaking the top of the frame or slipping off though. That and I got a really good deal at big 5 sports on this bracket mounted kind (14.99 sale)

does your face have to be able to fit through the clearance though, over the bar and under the top of the door frame?
    really, this is my biggest issue right now. Someone please answer this and I can begin installing it tonight.

I can already see this thread is starting to hit the bottom

fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000)
    really, this is my biggest issue right now. Someone please answer this and I can begin installing it tonight.

I can already see this thread is starting to hit the bottom
    No, your face doesn't have to fit between the bar and the door.